Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Retired adventurers; full citizenship in unretired forts?  (Read 8273 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Retired adventurers; full citizenship in unretired forts?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »

My fortress has about half of the visitors labeled as hostile. So the bug isn't completely fixed yet. Was looking for a way to reopen the mantis report and upload a save but haven't quite worked it out yet.
I also ran into a merchant in the corridor, but haven't seen any wagons about yet. Could just be a regular merchant visitor? Or perhaps they don't visit. Dam visitor population exploded after the first unretire...

-- Now the next step is important. As you may know facial hair stylings are based on entity, not race. So a human in a dwarf civ will grow out his beard as nature intended, and dwarves from human and Elf civs are forced to live out sad beardless days.

If a beardless dwarf from a human civ moves into a dwarf fortress and becomes a citizen of a real dwarf civ, will he be able to grow a glorious dwarven beard, or has fraternizing with humans tainted him for life?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:17:16 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 12:54:13 am »

So, your not full citizen adventurers do indeed petition for full fort citizenship as well. I restored a back up save to before I went and talked to the local militia commander on my adventurers and I just had the elf petition for full citizenship with my fortress after...maybe 2 more years of playing the fort or so? So it can indeed happen!

BTW, this is the same elf I tried manually earlier. He does have dual citizenship in this case...the current fort's civ and his previous elven civ, but he became a former member of the group he was part of in his elven civ. I don't think that occurred when I did it manually by talking to the militia commander. Don't quote me on that just yet, but I don't recall seeing his original elven group get altered to be a "former member of" group. But I'm getting tired and don't recall now. Even though I did it an hour ago (sigh) I wasn't paying attention then to his group in that case.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 01:04:30 am »

Does your Elf get bad thoughts if you make him cut trees down?
I wonder how long it takes one to come around to Dwarf ethics?

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 01:16:03 am »

Does your Elf get bad thoughts if you make him cut trees down?
I wonder how long it takes one to come around to Dwarf ethics?

I'll give it a try right now.

Also, a second adventurer just petitioned, a human one this time. It's interesting it's all seemingly happening together. It may be coincidence for these two, but it might be more. All I can think of that I did was that I made a dormitory bedroom area, not attached to any specific taverns/inns etc not long before it happened. I can't imagine that had anything to do with it at all, but it's something to add to possibilities.

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 01:24:56 am »

He did not like that at all, lol. :D, poor guy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 01:43:20 am »

Ha ha ha!

In other news, glancing through Legends, my new fortress members are recorded as having stolen a bunch of stuff (their new clothes) which is unfortunate and probably should be reported.
Pages: 1 [2]