Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 48879 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again
« on: January 08, 2016, 03:14:17 pm »

*Static*
THE FOLLOWING VIDEO HAS BEEN PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO UNDERTAKE THE DANGEROUS AND POTENTIALLY REWARDING TASK OF CLEANING UP THE DEEP INFIRMARY SECTIONS AFTER THE RECENT DEPARTURE OF THE DOCTOR. BY WATCHING THIS VIDEO YOU ARE GIVING LEGAL CONSENT TO ALL THE PROVISIONS IN SECTION A OF THE DEEP INFIRMARY EXPLORATION CHARTER. ALL CONTENT IS CREATED AND FUNDED BY THE INFIRMARY ASSISTANT LONGEVITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM, AND SHALL NOT BE USED IN PART OR WHOLE WITHOUT THE PERMISSION THE CREATORS.

HELLO! We here at the infirmary hear that you former prisoners would like the chance to make some money while on ship. And as luck should have it, we have the perfect opportunity for you! When the honorable Doctor left for work on other worlds, he left behind his extensive medical compound, a section known as the "Deep Infirmary". It is...well rather a lot larger than it should be. Both in terms of what is shown on our blueprints and what should be physically possible. Due to recent problems with reality, along with just a general lack of upkeep, the deep infirmary has fallen into a dangerous state of disrepair. As such, we need brave volunteers to go into this area and salvage what they can. Specifically, we are looking for information left behind by the Doctor himself.  These notes may be found on data pads such as this one. If found, please return it to us. These, along with anything else of particular value may be returned to us for tokens. However, please do not bring us unlabeled syringes, surplus mechanical parts, or any other such...junk. We have no need for them and you will not be paid for them. You may, however, keep them for yourselves, if you wish.

Oh and, we would recommend against reading the Doctor's notes. Doing so may have beneficial side effects, but it will also render them valueless and may result in mental trauma.

May also result in subsequent assassination.

Now, the Deep infirmary may be entered via these tramways, which you should see directly in front of you following your mandatory viewing of this video.  We are sending only 5 at a time, and only those who  have had less than 2 level ups worth of experience. Because Steve doesn't, and this is a quote, "Want to waste any useful soldiers on another myopic boondoggle". So we will not be providing assistance, or rescue or weaponry or aid of any sort! Once you have entered the Deep Infirmary, your life is entirely in your hands! You must return to the tramway, or find another tramway stop in order to escape. 

Now, if you still would like to go in, please find a place on the tram. If not, please exit through the rear of this room. If the tram has already departed, please wait for the current explorers to return or die.  Thank you, and good luck!

*Static*

THE TRAM IS: HERE
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:55:10 am by piecewise »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 05:13:09 pm »

As Trier boarded the tram, he was suddenly struck with the bizarre thought that this place was now just like a normal train. He shook his head in an attempt to banish the idea. “Come on,” he muttered to himself “I’ve only been awake for a hour at most. I can’t go crazy yet”.

Board the tram and wait
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 06:23:51 pm »

PTW to see redshirts die (and probably join myself once I get myself killed).
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »

PTW to see redshirts die (and probably join myself once I get myself killed).
Quick! Self-Terminate!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 07:20:41 pm »

((Gonna put my 4th 5th 6th and 7th characters through this, first thing.

Also maybe a note in the first post whether the tram is available or not?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 08:04:58 pm »

Oh definitely PTW. Need to be on the lookout for any clues.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 11:30:29 pm »

Oh definitely PTW. Need to be on the lookout for any clues.

Dis.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 11:44:02 pm »

TRAM LEAVES IN...12 HOURS!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 12:12:32 am »

TRAM LEAVES IN...12 HOURS!
((Real time?))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 12:13:59 am »

"Things I am:So doomed."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 01:09:48 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 01:18:11 am »

Attempt to possess one of these rookies by weaponizing the metacancer you are going to shoot me with retroactively.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 01:26:44 am »

Get on the tram!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 09:08:01 am »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 11:44:41 am »

So only 2 people have posted to actually get on the tram. Someone else posted in the on ship thread to join in but hasn't actually posted here, and Biggerfish posted here but not an actual action of getting on the tram.

In any case, The ones I consider to be going are Zormod, Biggerfish, Maegil, and midnight jaguar. If you for some reason didn't want to go, say so quickly.

The doors to the tram slowly slide shut with a hydraulic hiss. An automated voice begins speaking, rattling off safety warnings in a tinny voice.

"Please keep all limbs within the tram at all times. Please do not attempt to modify the tram controls. Please do not fire weapons aboard the tram..."

The tram hums, a noise that grows louder and louder until there is a great crack of electrical discharge.  Then the tram begins to move, gliding forward soundlessly into the dark tunnel ahead of it.

"Please do not use flashlights or flash photography in the tunnel as it may result in fatal spatial distortion."

The tram accelerates steadily, the force of it pushing you toward the back of the train car. This goes on for several minutes before it levels out and you can no longer feel the movement. It's odd now, the train must be moving at incredible speed but there's no bumping or noise to let you know it. It's almost as though it's sitting perfectly still.  Out of nowhere there's a feeling of weightlessness, as though the train as plunged off its rails and is falling down a pit. There's only darkness outside and the dimly lit cabin shows no signs of change, despite your inner ear screaming that you're tumbling end over end. Then, as suddenly as it started, it ends, and you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

The tram pulls out into a nearly identical station to the one you just left. The doors open.

"This tram will await your return. If you find another tram terminal, please activate it via the "Call tram" button on the left wall and wait for the tram to arrive. We hope you've had a pleasant journey!" The automated voice cuts off with an audible click.

You're in a relatively small room, just large enough to hold your section of the tram, as well as a small waiting area with metal benches. It is well lit and clean but incredibly stark and bare. The place has two exits, one to the left, and the other straight ahead. Both are closed off with ordinary automatic sliding doors. There are safety posters up on the walls, all telling of various hazards, from drinking lab chemicals to sticking your hands into machinery.

There is a metallic smell in the air.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25