Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 48893 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 05:11:20 pm »

"Hmmm. Well, we are all wearing suits right? So, we should be safe from any pathogens."

Break through the plastic if everyones wearing suits. If not move to the next door.
You tear open the plastic with your hands, ripping a hole through the seal. Inside the room, which is about the size of a large closet, is a hastily made pile of body bags. They appear to have been just thrown in and sealed with little consideration to dignity.

I'm wearing mine.
Change pimpcane into a sharp stick, and start poking the bags. Hope something doesn't try to poke back.
You morph the cane into a great big stabbing stick and jab it into one of the bags. It punctures it with relative ease and elicits a puff of gray powder from the hole. There's also a slight hiss of escaping pressure.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2016, 05:19:32 pm »

Trier startled by this puff of dust snarled, "Shit Zaek! What the fucking hell did you do? This is just like that one time a sod thought that a bottle of poison sticking out of a cupcake was a decoration and brought it to my office as a gift."

Start cycling through vision modes while scanning the room and then join in the loot fest
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:51:23 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2016, 05:31:24 pm »

"Just making sure it stays dead. This is the doctor's area, after all. No telling what could happen."Start looking for one of those datapads. Check the corpses, just in case.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2016, 06:42:02 pm »

Trier startled by this puff of dust snarled, "Shit Zaek! What the fucking hell did you do? This is just like that one time a sod thought that a bottle of poison sticking out of a cupcake was a decoration and brought it to my office as a gift."

Start cycling through vision modes while scanning the room and then join in the loot fest
Nothing of interest.

"Just making sure it stays dead. This is the doctor's area, after all. No telling what could happen."Start looking for one of those datapads. Check the corpses, just in case.
No data pads, not in the room nor on the exterior of the body bags. Unless of course you want to tear into the bags or unzip them.  So far someone's stabbed them, but that would only let you dig in a bit to one of them.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »

"So... Next room?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2016, 06:55:45 pm »

"I suppose."
Make sure the positioning program is working in case pathing out urgently is needed.

Allow Arty(Maegil) access to biometrics.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:53:43 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

"In a sec"
Lay all the bags out on the floor. Then, use my X-ray mode to see if I can find anything of interest before opening them up.

Allow Arty access to biometrics.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:22:29 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 05:47:34 pm »

Still on the tram, Arty shakes himself out of his lethargy and goes in search of the others. Seeing movement beyond a place marked as quarantined, he heads there.
"Sigh. Guys, you're aware that once this area was violated we can't return without going through a bio-decontamination shower, right? Anyway, I have a medical monitoring program installed, if you let me access your biometric feeds I can keep track of your vital signs."
Try to connect to the team's data. Examine the body in the open bag, try to determine cause of death.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:50:37 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 05:52:13 pm »

"We've been frozen for eons, what's another minute of waiting?"
Allow Maegil to look at my biofeed

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 01:32:45 pm »

"I suppose."
Make sure the positioning program is working in case pathing out urgently is needed.

Allow Arty(Maegil) access to biometrics.

Yeah, it's working.

Allowing.
"We've been frozen for eons, what's another minute of waiting?"
Allow Maegil to look at my biofeed
Allowing

Still on the tram, Arty shakes himself out of his lethargy and goes in search of the others. Seeing movement beyond a place marked as quarantined, he heads there.
"Sigh. Guys, you're aware that once this area was violated we can't return without going through a bio-decontamination shower, right? Anyway, I have a medical monitoring program installed, if you let me access your biometric feeds I can keep track of your vital signs."
Try to connect to the team's data. Examine the body in the open bag, try to determine cause of death.

You join up with the others and connect to their suit's biosensors.

"In a sec"
Lay all the bags out on the floor. Then, use my X-ray mode to see if I can find anything of interest before opening them up.

Allow Arty access to biometrics.

There's not enough free space in this room to lay them all out so you just grab one and lay it out. A quick search with x-ray shows nothing but the skeleton.  You open the body bag and find an another shrink wrap seal inside it, around what appears to be a very burnt skeleton and a good deal of ash.

You're guessing that whatever killed these things, the cause is gonna a bit obscured by the fact that someone burnt them to a literal crisp.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 02:14:38 pm »

"Mmmm... Not much to see here, they tried to destroy the agent with fire?... Why not completely incinerate the bodies instead of bagging them, that would have been both neater and more certain. I gather you've already looked about for the data?" See if there are no notes behind the furniture, taped to the underside of drawers, and other such hiding places. Also keep an eye out for surgical instruments or medical implements of any kind, Arty might be able to derive some information on what happened from the type of equipment around. Grab any usable portable equipment and stash it in the backpack. If there's a gurney about, take it, putting available heavier equipment on it.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 05:09:16 pm »

"Man, this is now exactly like that sod incident."
On to the room down the hall.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:14:51 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:32 pm »

Follow Jaguar into the next room

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 06:17:24 pm »

Follow.  Check for computers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 02:00:27 pm »

"Mmmm... Not much to see here, they tried to destroy the agent with fire?... Why not completely incinerate the bodies instead of bagging them, that would have been both neater and more certain. I gather you've already looked about for the data?" See if there are no notes behind the furniture, taped to the underside of drawers, and other such hiding places. Also keep an eye out for surgical instruments or medical implements of any kind, Arty might be able to derive some information on what happened from the type of equipment around. Grab any usable portable equipment and stash it in the backpack. If there's a gurney about, take it, putting available heavier equipment on it.
Well there's no furniture in here...it's just an empty room stacked with bodies, so no. There's really nothing in here but bodies. And sometimes thats just gonna be the case. Not every room will be particularly meaningful or stuffed with goodies, hidden or otherwise.

"Man, this is now exactly like that sod incident."
On to the room down the hall.
Follow Jaguar into the next room
The next room, the one at the end of the hall, is fairly small as well, only about the size of a walk in closet, though it has two exits, one on the left wall and one on the right. In the center of the room is what looks like a par of iron boots, but split in half. They look like some strange sort of bear trap, clearly designed to close around the feet of whoever steps into them and hold that person still. Though for what purpose, you're not really sure. The entire room is tiled with thick, heavy looking white tiles that, judging by their appearance, are almost brand new. Between these tiles are what look like small metal pipes, or maybe nozzles, that jut out a few inches into the room. Around the corners of the room, collecting on the edges and in between the tiles of the floor, is a fine gray powder.

Follow.  Check for computers.
No sign of any computers yet. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25