Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 48952 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again
« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:25 pm »

Just in case, thoroughly perforate any Redacteds directed at me.
You whip out your hole punch.

No, not your penis, but that is a good guess.

((I really wonder what the story behind the deathtrap door is. Did the doctor just tell interns who got annoying to "go stand over there and then open that door"? Or is it one of those sorts of things you build while drunk or really tired or bored and then look at it in the next morning and go "What the hell is that? Why did I build this? What was I thinking? Eh, I've got infinite space, I'll just throw it in a room and forget about it." Or maybe it was just used to test endurance and/or reflexes in a more natural environment.))
Sometimes subjects get free. And they have a habit of just opening whatever random door they get to first.

He prefers to collect them at his own pace and random death traps enable this.

Based off of map, go to the Onwards! door. Have IdXan do this obviously, after letting him regenerate from being spiked.

Idxan gets up and opens the door at the end of the hall. It slides open like something out of startrek and a billowing white mist pours out of the room. It seeps across the ground and through the hall. Idxan looks down at it, confused, and then is suddenly yanked down and dragged into the room by something unseen.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2016, 11:22:11 pm »

Switch the Id Manifestor off and then on again, hopefully making IdXan reappear near me. If this works, question him as to whether that which we seek is in there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2016, 11:26:05 pm »

Put holes into things that come out of that door. With my penis homing dartmass, not the holepunch.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2016, 12:48:30 pm »

Stand by to treat people in case someone gets hurt.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2016, 11:31:30 am »

Switch the Id Manifestor off and then on again, hopefully making IdXan reappear near me. If this works, question him as to whether that which we seek is in there.
You switch the id manifestor off and then back on. You turn to say something to IdXan but he sweeps your legs out of under you and kicks you in the ribs.

Stand by to treat people in case someone gets hurt.
You point and laugh at Xan's minor injuries and total BTFO status.

Put holes into things that come out of that door. With my penis homing dartmass, not the holepunch.
You perforate the room in front of you with the darts and then wait. There's still a lot of gas and vapor leaking out of that room but no one else gets grabbed or attacked.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 06, 2016, 12:14:35 pm »

Xan wheezes as he gets back up.

"Are you done? I understand you may be angry about being exposed to danger but we both know you possess far superior durability and regeneration prowess to me and, more importantly, that if I die, we both die. Preserving me is thus a beneficial path for us both. I apologize for switching off the id Manifester; I will not do such unless it is absolutely necessary to extricate you from a trap, and even then for no longer than necessary. Now can we get back to the business at hand? What was in that room? Were you able to perceive it?"

Yeah sure get your catharsis buddy. Now tell me what was in there pls
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:34 pm »

"Most amusing."
Do some nice idle animations while we wait for this mist to clear.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 06, 2016, 04:36:42 pm »

"This is gonna be one of those days, isn't it?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »

Xan wheezes as he gets back up.

"Are you done? I understand you may be angry about being exposed to danger but we both know you possess far superior durability and regeneration prowess to me and, more importantly, that if I die, we both die. Preserving me is thus a beneficial path for us both. I apologize for switching off the id Manifester; I will not do such unless it is absolutely necessary to extricate you from a trap, and even then for no longer than necessary. Now can we get back to the business at hand? What was in that room? Were you able to perceive it?"

Yeah sure get your catharsis buddy. Now tell me what was in there pls
You seem to forget that he has your strong desire to not die. And turning him off and on is basically the equivalent to killing him and then creating another one with the old one's memories. He is rather annoyed at you doing that, if only for purely pride based reasons.

Still, he tells you that there was something invisible in there. He could see the gas flowing around it if he looked carefully.

"Most amusing."
Do some nice idle animations while we wait for this mist to clear.

The mist clears revealing a circular room with no sign of any hostiles in it. There are a few specimen tubes along the walls, all empty, and a computer station in the back.  There's a single door out of the room, to the right (north).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2016, 02:29:20 pm »

"Then that was my mistake. I will refrain from doing so again. I apologize, I of all people should have considered the implications of turning the Manifester off.

Now then, invisible? Likely not what we are looking for then. Unless it's much more creative than I had anticipated. I would recommend that you develop a weapon and a nonlethal immobilization method, since you possess those abilities I lost so long ago. Please keep your hands or some other form of grasping available if you can, though."

Have a heart-to-heart with myself. Then IdXan, develop a (melee would likely be most useful) weapon and a separate capture method for our target - perhaps a toxic extendable spike and some sort of excretory gland that shoots webbing similar to a spider's? I will leave it to his discretion.

Oh, and stay on guard for the invisible creature. Use my empathy gland to find out where it is.
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2016, 03:22:12 pm »

"If your current body dies, but is replaced by one that contains all of your memories as of the time of death, can you really be said to have died at all? It is much like temporary unconsciousness, or being revived from just a head."

Talking to IdXan.

"This problem seems easily solved. Frag out."

Toss a frag into the room supposedly containing an invisible monster. Also a reminder that I have a Haber's Implant. Do I sense anything out of the ordinary?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2016, 03:24:26 pm »

"If your current body dies, but is replaced by one that contains all of your memories as of the time of death, can you really be said to have died at all? It is much like temporary unconsciousness, or being revived from just a head."
"Trust me when I say that while the both of us know firsthand the truth of that reasoning, it's more of an instinctual reaction."
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #357 on: July 12, 2016, 12:41:55 pm »

Talking to IdXan.

"This problem seems easily solved. Frag out."

Toss a frag into the room supposedly containing an invisible monster. Also a reminder that I have a Haber's Implant. Do I sense anything out of the ordinary?

"Then that was my mistake. I will refrain from doing so again. I apologize, I of all people should have considered the implications of turning the Manifester off.

Now then, invisible? Likely not what we are looking for then. Unless it's much more creative than I had anticipated. I would recommend that you develop a weapon and a nonlethal immobilization method, since you possess those abilities I lost so long ago. Please keep your hands or some other form of grasping available if you can, though."

Have a heart-to-heart with myself. Then IdXan, develop a (melee would likely be most useful) weapon and a separate capture method for our target - perhaps a toxic extendable spike and some sort of excretory gland that shoots webbing similar to a spider's? I will leave it to his discretion.

Oh, and stay on guard for the invisible creature. Use my empathy gland to find out where it is.

Ok. spider xan, spider xan, does whatever a spider xan can.

Your empathy gland feels nothing in here.

But what you find, you both find, is a body. Namely because Xan trips right over it. It's human in shape (Discovered after a pat down) but completely invisible. Even the blood and organs coming out of it thanks to the several holes pierced through it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2016, 02:53:59 pm »

"An entirely invisible man. This intrigues me, albeit it is not my goal."

Take a tissue sample; cut off one of his hands and store it on my person.

Then check the computer station to see if it says anything interesting, and have IdXan open the door to the north. With myself standing outside the room, of course.
Sig! Onol

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »

"An... Invisible man?"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25