Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is the amount of money right

No, we should have less
- 1 (7.7%)
Yes, it's fine
- 0 (0%)
No, we must have more - note: not actually going to do this for the first game.
- 2 (15.4%)
Randomly generate amounts - see note above
- 5 (38.5%)
Clicking on a poll
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Roll To Ebay - Early Alpha testing 4/4  (Read 14150 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Roll To Ebay - Early Alpha testing 4/4
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »

"Ready to give up?"

Elbows to the neck.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2016, 11:53:47 pm »

Hammertime.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2016, 06:32:27 pm »

I rather doubt McTaalik could have won with four different people/things beating on him, so lets just call this game over.

Do you guys think another generated element, such as a potion, would have been good? Or was the complexity high enough already?

Also, any money or variation ideas, or just general feedback, would be appreciated.

Edit: not actually soliciting donations, I meant suggestions for amounts.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2016, 12:59:03 am »

Everything went a bit wrong at the end... maybe allowing eBay generation of the characters would actually be a good thing?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2016, 12:09:17 pm »

Maybe allowing eBay generation of the characters would actually be a good thing?

+1. I actually thought the generated characters were cooler than the steeds.

Potions might be cool. It might be interesting if there was some loot scattered around the map, either directly taken from eBay or generated from items chosen at random or by spectators.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2016, 01:21:57 am »

What if there were a list to generate a monster to hunt another player, such that each participant would need to defeat or evade an opponent before chasing down their true target? I imagine it would allow utility builds to be more viable, because you could screw with a target's own fight if you finish yours quickly. I'd also be interested in participating in a second round.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2016, 02:20:10 pm »

Everything went a bit wrong at the end... maybe allowing eBay generation of the characters would actually be a good thing?
Yeah, there weren't any backup options. I'll try and work on a non-shitty character generator.

Maybe allowing eBay generation of the characters would actually be a good thing?

+1. I actually thought the generated characters were cooler than the steeds.

Potions might be cool. It might be interesting if there was some loot scattered around the map, either directly taken from eBay or generated from items chosen at random or by spectators.
Loot might make the game more exciting, definitely a good option. Not sure if I want this to turn fully into intoxicated, though,  :P, I'll be trying to leave off spectator participation for now.

What if there were a list to generate a monster to hunt another player, such that each participant would need to defeat or evade an opponent before chasing down their true target? I imagine it would allow utility builds to be more viable, because you could screw with a target's own fight if you finish yours quickly. I'd also be interested in participating in a second round.
I like this idea a lot. Might get overcomplex, but still pretty nice.

Thanks for the ideas, guys, and I'll probably be running some version of this in a proper format soonish!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »

Ok, I'm trying to run this for reals for the first time. The game can be found here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]