Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is the amount of money right

No, we should have less
- 1 (7.7%)
Yes, it's fine
- 0 (0%)
No, we must have more - note: not actually going to do this for the first game.
- 2 (15.4%)
Randomly generate amounts - see note above
- 5 (38.5%)
Clicking on a poll
- 5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll To Ebay - Early Alpha testing 4/4  (Read 14257 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Ebay - Early Alpha testing 4/4 - Don't look here.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 12:23:05 pm »

Also, you guys feel like you have too much cash?

No. On the contrary, I kinda wish we had more, if only so I could buy this for my character.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 12:27:44 pm »

Erm... definitely too much cash then. Joking aside, I might run games with very little or ridiculous amounts, or randomly generated amounts, I guess that would be another possibilty.

Well, I'll do champions this afternoon/evening.

You might want to start looking for another 5 items for a weapon.

The selection process isn't too boring, is it? 15 items for generation is alright?
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 02:16:17 pm »

In my opinion it works, as long as the results of each character creation stage are interesting and well written.  I agree that it seems like too much money, at least for the first stage.  When we get to the weapons and mount stages, though, we're going to use all the money we can get, I think.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 02:18:53 pm by Nunzillor »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »

My pennypinching in the first stage was primarily a strategic decision: now that I know what others are going for, I have more money to counter their choices. I can't do my second list before tomorrow, though.

By the way, you said this was going to be 2v2; who is going to be my teammate?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 04:08:38 pm »

Yeah, I'd better do the teams before we start... to Random.org...

The teams are:

IcyTea31 and Nunzillor
vs
Gentlefish and DoctorMcTaalik

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »

Ok, I'm finishing this in the morning, it definitely does need some tweaking on the char generation front. ::)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:35 pm »

It's fine haha.

...IcyTea, HOW CAN YOU COUNTER A RANDOMLY GENERATED LIST!? My plan is flawless.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 09:51:35 am »

Normally, I'd do some sort of description here, but seeing as this is a test, I think I'll skip worldbuilding the character creation areas.

Spoiler: SUV: $250 (click to show/hide)
Total: $415,90

I'm guessing vehicles come with fuel, power tools with batteries, weapons with ammunition, and so on?

The first champion stands. An athletic but ordinary man encased in a chainmail hauberk, seemingly welded to his skin, beneath which many pistons, mechanisms and hidden pipes whirr and gurgle. Jets of fire trace over him impressively, his flawless skin unharmed.
  He is motionless for a few seconds, then horrifically, gears protesting inside him, the chainmail coating expands and thickens, his shape altering, wheels extruding, till he resembles a windowless, doorless SUV. The metal coating then recedes, forming links, his shape altering again, and he stands unaltered, entirely unmoving.

1.  One Nunzilla - $25
2.  One bottle of growth hormones - $59.99
3.  One pyramid energy generator - $11.11
4.  One "Cthulhu" red octopus tentacle - $29.95
5.  Two fire breathing torches - $26.99

Total = $153.04
((To confirm, we aren't buying weapons or mounts yet, these initial items just define our characters?))
  The second champion stands, belches twin balls of fire into the sky, a nun with the physique of Artemis, smoke pouring from her mouth. She then expands massively in size, growing to be twenty feet tall, breathing huges swathes of flame, before shrinking again.

Disconcertingly, she appears to be growing slightly, even as you watch.

I'm up for it.

1.Goebel Victoria Ashlea Originals Porcelain Doll 1996 September Ltd Edit
2.F/S NEW Death Rabbits Feelings / Medium Two Summer Uncle CD Import JaPaN 0915
3.The Santa Clause 3 - The Escape Clause
4.Caustic Caterpillar X4 NM Magic Origins MTG Magic Cards Green Common
5.Black Pepper Whole 25g 50g 100g,200g,500g,1000g, Packets.Spices peppercorns (1kg, of course)

List created using this site, items picked and chosen.
With a "yo ho ho", a young woman arises, dressed in a short santa outfit, wearing a pair of rabbit ears. Her hair is dyed an unnatural peppery black, and she exudes heat. She briefly turns completely smooth and milky white all over, before reverting to her normal state.

1.Male Skeleton Skull Black Mariachi Band Violin Statue- $22.23
2.Eight Carolina Reaper Dehydrated Peppers- $80
3.The Beatles- Magical Mystery Tour (vinyl)- $15.91
4."INDIANA JONES HARRISON FORD LIFE SIZE 6 FT 2 ARTIST MADE STATUE ONLY 1 MADE"- $1,199.00
5.Porcupine Lithograph- 19.99
  The final champion, an older man, bearded and well featured, stands. It is Harrison Ford. He sniffs the air, relishing the scent of burning, then lumbers towards Gentlefish's character, stopping a few feet away and sniffing at her, briefly transforming into a giant porcupine.

Individual hidden power PMs will be sent soon-ish.
Time to find five more items for a weapon. I'm not sure how well the character generation is holding up, but we'll go with it for now. I thinkthe other two are a bit solider.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 09:57:35 am »

I'm a transformer. Brilliant. Weapon incoming.

Spoiler: Hydroplane: $650 (click to show/hide)
Total: $1452,66

In my mind, all of these counter something in my opponents' champions. I'm not going to voice my ideas, though, so as not to make the GM biased when generating the weapon.

E: Please note links to the products' pages under each image. I'm not sure if they're conspicuous enough.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 02:38:39 pm by IcyTea31 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 10:37:12 am »

Heh.

Heheh. Pirate bunnygirl, ho! And it looks like I might have some nasty special effect thanks to my MTG card.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 01:36:24 pm »

Harrison Ford the wizard? No matter, I already have a counter for that.

Nunzillor

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 03:00:46 pm »

Hmm...
1.  One holy hand grenade of Antioch - $19.55
2.  One Necronomicon - $16.96
3.  One freeze ray - $649.00
4.  One Fallout anthology with mini nuke - $26.00
5.  One gunblade - $45.00

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »

Weapons

Hmm...
1.  One holy hand grenade of Antioch - $19.55
2.  One Necronomicon - $16.96
3.  One freeze ray - $649.00
4.  One Fallout anthology with mini nuke - $26.00
5.  One gunblade - $45.00
A modernist, shining gun made from folded plastic and origami, all simple cuboids and smooth cylinders, it shoots a plastic projectile that explodes into a gigantic mass of plush upon impact.
By pulling the secondary trigger just so, it can be used to make a fake object real, in return for making a real object fake. It is easiest to do this with something in your control. There is a progressively lower chance of this suceeding the less you have the thing and the more someone else does.
If the second mechanism happens to backfire, a real object may be made more so, and a fake one will be made faker.
This is seldom a good experience for anyone involved.

1.GOT HEROIN? VINYL DECAL / STICKER
2.Doyen Tumor Screw 1" Dia. Gyno Surgical Instruments
3.EM GE German Model 323 Valor .32 S&W Revolver Cylinder-Nickel
4.Western Maryland #302 Alco FA2 Newly rebuilt at GE Service Shop
5.Lego City Space Port Starter Set 60077 From Japan

Bring on the randomly generated goodies. I'm so excite to see if my weapon can be weirder than my character.
One of the most curious things about this weapon is the body of it. Instead of a normal handle or hilt, it attaches itself to the surface of one's arm, slipping onto it somehow and flattening out over a wide area. At one's bicep, it is entirely horizontal, but gradually gains a third dimension, still wrapped around the arm, at the wrist. It is made of and extremely strong variety of whitewashed plastic, and resembles a box with a cylinder and a hole in one end, gradually flattening tattoolike as it extends up one's body.
A revolver cylinder rests on the end, six steel barrels out of which a short, corkscrewing metal spike extends, only a handful of inches long, before disappearing back into the barrel. This can be done 6 times in rapid succession, once with each barrel, before the implement needs rewinding.
When a switch on the back is flicked, minature rail tracks extend out rapidly, unwinding or constructing themselves along any plane or up any object. A minature train can then be fired out of the body of the thing, which locomotes rapidly along the rails, pulling the weapon after it with about a foot of flexible wire. The rails will run out where the weapon is originally aimed, and the minature engine will stop suddenly, flinging the user further forward. Overall, its use somewhat resembles that of a grapple gun: a period of towing before a powerful release.

1.Full Size 4/4 Handmade Stradivari 1721 Copy German Style Violin- $112.90
2.Spruce Shaman Wand and Smudge Feather. Powerful Lightning totem. Wiccan Magick.- $14.19
3.MYSTICAL / SPIRITUAL OIL (ACEITE) FOR SPELLS & ANOINTING 1/2 OZ DESTRUCTION- $2.50+$2.74
4.1865 Thirteen (13) Unitarian / Freethought / Feminist / Anti-Christian Tracts- $149.62
5.Fan Forced Portable Space Heater Electric Compact 1500W Adjustable Thermostat- $17.99+$4.95

Magical oils bent on destruction fill a violin, capable of emitting huge quantities of heated air. They can alternate this with blasts of cold, rapidly frosting and thawing an object or building to crumble it.
A single feather floats in the amber brew. This calls down lightning when people blaspheme, state radical ideas or express firmly positive attitudes towards women having an equal place in society.
Playing the violin doesn't actually do anything. You just have to aim it.

I'm a transformer. Brilliant. Weapon incoming.

Spoiler: Hydroplane: $650 (click to show/hide)
Total: $1452,66

In my mind, all of these counter something in my opponents' champions. I'm not going to voice my ideas, though, so as not to make the GM biased when generating the weapon.

E: Please note links to the products' pages under each image. I'm not sure if they're conspicuous enough.
Thanks for doing it all in pictures, the links are fine. Just links are ok, but you risk not getting the item if somebody buys it. Also, thanks for doing the totals.

A large hammer with a propellor at one end, and a sharp, pointed steel frame at the other. Due to the propellor, it is capable of delivering extremly fast blows, occassionally lifting the user off the ground.
If the handle is balanced on one shoulder and carefully aimed, a scattering of paper aeroplanes can be shot out the base, each containg a coiled, sharptoothed crystalline snake. Tiny and easily crushed underfoot, these will still cause considerable pain and bloodloss if one walks through a cloud of their craft.
The centre of the hammer is composed of a black and grey metal mask, the visor dark, sunken and opaque. Anyone who tried to wear it would be clearly insane, what with the propellor strapped to their head and the snake-gun pointing at their bollocks this would entail.

I hope all you guys' counters work out.
I'm going to be on so many watchlists when this begins. But weapons are going a lot smoother than the dodgy character generator - changed a few things on that already.

OH, and in case there's been any confusion, you'll start with ammo items, generally, or things you need to fufill your abilities. The first weapon function I mention generally has unlimited ammo, anyway.
Secondary weapon traits may not have ammo, if it needs any, though this is unlikely.

Post Beast/Steed lists now!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:03:58 pm by NJW2000 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8