Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Mission 1: Operation Matchstick]  (Read 10804 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy (1/6) [Setup/Pregame]
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 06:35:13 pm »

Snip
My bad. I was under the impression that the blight had only emerged in 1917.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 07:23:46 pm »

Snip
It emerged around the beginning of 1915. 1914 is somewhat different in this timeline, too, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 07:44:59 pm »

Snip
It emerged around the beginning of 1915. 1914 is somewhat different in this timeline, too, though.
Sounds good. I changed the application to hopefully account for that.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy (4/6) [Setup/Pregame]
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »

((I have infinite free time!))
((I also noticed you dident have a german 55 year old air force veteran named Dragonborn I'll fix that))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This will be great.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:26:46 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy (0/6) [Setup/Pregame]
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 04:00:46 pm »

Alright, here we have our first 6 pilots of Green Squadron! The rest are placed on the waiting list for now. First IC post to follow soon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy (6/6) [Setup/Pregame]
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 11:13:59 pm »

We don't even have planes which can accommodate multiple personnel at this time. :( I would love to work on a full-player crew in a plane in one mission--but because we're doing experimental tech...this may be fun. :3
Hi Scelly!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 11:31:16 am »

We don't even have planes which can accommodate multiple personnel at this time. :(
Multi-crew aircraft emerged very early in aviation history, and soon found military use for artillery spotting and reconnaissance purposes. They would typically carry a pilot and an observer. In 1911-1912, these became the first makeshift bombers, and the first dedicated one emerged in 1913-1914.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 02:33:16 pm »

January 7th, 1917

The canteen is unusually quiet this evening, in contrast with the cacaphonous singing of cicadas outside, but that may soon change, as pilots come in to think about their mission tomorrow. Like everything on this part of the base, the building is repurposed from a prefabricated miniature hangar, a half-tube of steel and aluminum, but with the windows cut in the sides, the wood panelling and monochrome photos stapled to the plating, and the smooth jazz from the gently glowing jukebox, it's still rather homey, if a bit stuffy. A handful of pilots-in-training, probably glad not to be flying out tomorrow, sit around, quite deep in their drinks, though one is making a wobbly attempt at the dartboard.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 04:20:10 pm »

Hi Scelly!
((Hiiiiiiii!))

Walter scoffed good naturedly from his chair as a dart sailed wide, clunking into the cheap wood of the wall before falling, with a dull thud, onto the carpet that had been scavenged from who knows where to help "spruce the place up a bit". It was a horrible carpet.

"You're gonna have to do better than that, you know," He said, smiling at the dart on the floor, "You know, I held the fives record in three different pubs, and they had a hell of a lot more practice than you. Try it again, and go for the board this time."
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Starting!]
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 05:23:46 pm »

The young man looks up at the voice, then takes another gulp from his pint mug on the bar. "I know whatm'... Shayyy... your'n greenshquadron?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 11:54:18 pm »

Rodrigo took another shot, ill at ease at the prospect tomorrow. Their first mission... Rodrigo had been on his best behavior for the past week, which says quite a bit. Even now he restrained his drinking; one more slip-up or harsh insult could cost him his spot on the Green Squadron. Even so, he needed a shot or two to stay sane.

He watched the pilot Christianson encouraging some drunken rabble at darts. Rodrigo scoffed, his voice condescending compared to Walter's good natured one. Even so, Rodrigo managed to keep his temper in check - for now.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:44 am »

Walter winced at the offender's breath, shuffling back half a step. Fuckin blotto, he'd never be able fly with a hangover the size of Big Ben. "Yeh, green squadron. You?"
The drunk swayed on his feet, glassy eyed and staring at Walter. Walter raised an eyebrow.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 12:28:23 am »

The drunken cadet looked a bit more solemn, but still kept mumbling on. "Mmmm still got tree weeks to live... um.. b'fore combat... that's.. in training..."

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:02 am »

Ah, so that was his deal. Chickenshit. Walter sighed, he supposed everyone couldn't be gung-ho about the oncoming apocalypse, but it helped morale.
"You know, kid" He chuckled at himself. 'Kid', he was probably about the same age as this guy. Still, experience counted for something. "Kid," he repeated, "Just cause you fly doesn't mean you're gonna splatter. It's the fall that kills ya, so don't fall. What kinda bird ya going in, they told ya yet?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 03:46:14 am »

We don't even have planes which can accommodate multiple personnel at this time. :(
Multi-crew aircraft emerged very early in aviation history, and soon found military use for artillery spotting and reconnaissance purposes. They would typically carry a pilot and an observer. In 1911-1912, these became the first makeshift bombers, and the first dedicated one emerged in 1913-1914.
((Oops .-. I meant internationally...but I got that [and did not make it contextual. Like some examples here. Oops me.]

Also I spent my time with etymology and descended to the etymology of English swearing...that's along this timeline, Wilde. :P))

Jean was sitting all alone, with the same loneliness everyone had, cupping her drink with both hands, and excitably curious about what she was about to face.

"Was...anyone briefed on the aircraft we're flying? I'm forgetful with-..."

She shook her glass lightly, following up her words. "Well we'll know for sure. Is everyone comfortable tonight?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7