Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Mission 1: Operation Matchstick]  (Read 10805 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Pilot Academy [Starting!]
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 04:03:15 am »

Rodrigo shot a glance at Jean, his fellow countryman. "Fine as I can be," he said curtly. In truth, he was insufferable. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead as the drinks he'd had had turned him bellicose.

((There's six of us, so maybe we'll use those two-seater biplanes? I also can't wait for the inevitable giant monster fight!)) ((Also, is it right to use three 'had's in that sentence?))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 10:15:47 am »

Mattherson would be sitting in a corner opposite to jean, sipping from what appears to be a glass of water. Hopefully it wasn't spiked.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 10:55:37 am »

Hearing Jean's words, Charles looked up from his drink. "I'm doing pretty well", he said, nodding, "though it is quite stuffy in here. Maybe I could try to get ahold of a fan or something."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:39:30 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 11:55:41 pm »

One Peruvian pilot in particular was even more drunk than the others, having imbibed quite a bit of alcohol in a small amount of time. He grinned as he approached the group, and began speaking in a voice with a slow, Spanish-speaker's accent and slurred with the alcohol. "Green Squadron? Eyy! I'm Green Squadron too! We're gonna be HEROES! Fightin' off the enemy... stallin' its advance with bullets an' bombs... juzz like General Caceres!"
Any of the group that had spent any amount of time around Oscar could probably recognize an incoming patriotic rant when they could see one.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:59:53 pm by Powder Miner »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 10:37:55 pm »

Ah, so that was his deal. Chickenshit. Walter sighed, he supposed everyone couldn't be gung-ho about the oncoming apocalypse, but it helped morale.
"You know, kid" He chuckled at himself. 'Kid', he was probably about the same age as this guy. Still, experience counted for something. "Kid," he repeated, "Just cause you fly doesn't mean you're gonna splatter. It's the fall that kills ya, so don't fall. What kinda bird ya going in, they told ya yet?"
"N..ng...jussb'n practicing in a *hic* one-shot bomber. They'll prob'bly send us out in som'th'n elshe though..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 09:15:09 am »

One Peruvian pilot in particular was even more drunk than the others, having imbibed quite a bit of alcohol in a small amount of time. He grinned as he approached the group, and began speaking in a voice with a slow, Spanish-speaker's accent and slurred with the alcohol. "Green Squadron? Eyy! I'm Green Squadron too! We're gonna be HEROES! Fightin' off the enemy... stallin' its advance with bullets an' bombs... juzz like General Caceres!"
Any of the group that had spent any amount of time around Oscar could probably recognize an incoming patriotic rant when they could see one.

Rodrigo faced the other way, fingers rubbing his throbbing temples. Hopefully Rodrigo's dulled senses would be enough to drown out the inevitable speech.

"Mierda," he muttered under his breath.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 03:30:56 pm »

Oscar "elegantly" ignored Rodrigo's spanish curse, choosing to continue on with his little speech.
"Some people... some people think the Blight is some unstoppable force of death. Well, lemme tellya, they're full a' manure." He was facing the drunken and possibly depressed dart-playing cadet now. "Back in, back in the Warathe Pacific, there were a lotta people convinced that the Chi-le-an onslaught was unstoppable. Conquest was imminent and all that whatever. But it wasn't so, friend!" He patted the hapless fellow on the shoulder. "General Caceres fought 'em off in Brena, an', an' he and his for the large part survived! Because, even when odds seem unstoppable, even when your enemies look invincible, they ain't, and if you just holdddout, you can ged a heroic vigtory!" He thumped the other man on the back, in an attempt at a reassuring pat. "Yeeah."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 03:41:13 pm »

Upon being thumped on the back, the cadet drops his darts, doubles over, and vomits profusely on the linoleum floor in front of the bar. The bartender shakes his head "Well, at least he missed the carpet."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2016, 05:32:28 pm »

Upon being thumped on the back, the cadet drops his darts, doubles over, and vomits profusely on the linoleum floor in front of the bar. The bartender shakes his head "Well, at least he missed the carpet."

"Too bad he missed the carpet," Rodrigo jibed to the Green Squadron. "At least then we'd have an excuse to throw it out..."
Dying of laughter?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »

"Too bad he missed the carpet," Rodrigo jibed to the Green Squadron. "At least then we'd have an excuse to throw it out..."
"Are we sure he missed the carpet? I don't think there's a difference in color.... Or texture, for that matter. Jesus."
He turned away from the cadet, sipping his won drink as he talked idly to the man doubled over next to him, as Oscar raved into his other ear. Something about generals. "The one-shots aren't bad. If you're high enough to be bombing with it, you're high enough for the chute to work."
That wasn't quite true, and the chutes hardly ever helped. He had been in engineering long enough to know a prototype when he saw it, and that's all they were. Shoddy things that had a tendency, in high wind, to send you spiraling into the ground at a nice clip. That's if it even deployed, of course. But he wasn't gonna tell the kid that.
"Don't worry about anything when you're in the air, worst case you come down and you gotta bail. Just fly, kid, don't sweat the drop."
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2016, 04:11:33 pm »

((Is this game still accepting players?))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:17 pm »

The roster is currently filled, but there is a waitlist. Odds are that we'll need at least one or two replacement pilots after the first mission.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »

(Guess I need to poke this a bit more, too)

The cadet, now slumped against the bar, just groaned, probably too drunk to think about how poorly people on the ground fared near the blight.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2016, 06:06:34 pm »

He would get up, and try to help the cadet to his feet. best to get him to whatever bunkroom he belonged before a officer got in.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2016, 09:35:57 pm »

Hearing the start of yet another nationalist rant, Charles turned to Walter. "How bad off is Oscar?" he asked. "Has he started insulting Chile yet, or is he still just bragging?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7