Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Export Wealth Problems in .04, any fixes?  (Read 13148 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Export Wealth Problems in .04, any fixes?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 02:06:55 pm »

Doesn't the find site menu let you distinguish between shallow metal and shallow metals, and idem for deep?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 02:12:10 pm »

So I choose sites with, at most, 2 metals.
Is that some dfhack feature or how do you find out that?
Doesn't the find site menu let you distinguish between shallow metal and shallow metals, and idem for deep?
It does but I read it as "My embark screen shows me a list of metal veins that are under my selected embark area".
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 10:43:45 am »

This is pretty easy to work around if you use a memory editor.

Just search for the hex value of one of your wealth numbers on the z-screen.  The trick is that when you convert the number from decimal to hex, you have to reverse the hex values (if your total wealth is, for example, 46404437 then you would search for '5513C402').  Match each of the nearby sets of 4 hex values to your numbers on the z-screen.  Your imported wealth should be the last one that is non-zero.  Skip one set of 4 hex values and enter 'FFFF0100' for the next set.

That will give you 131071 exported wealth, which is enough for all of the features.  I have tested on two forts that went 8 and 10 years respectively without humans or a baron and after performing the above, both received humans and a barony on the following year.

I have not confirmed yet whether the offerings stay 0 as well, limiting the monarch.

Arkangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 10:02:32 am »

Just search for the hex value of one of your wealth numbers on the z-screen.  The trick is that when you convert the number from decimal to hex, you have to reverse the hex values (if your total wealth is, for example, 46404437 then you would search for '5513C402').  Match each of the nearby sets of 4 hex values to your numbers on the z-screen.  Your imported wealth should be the last one that is non-zero.  Skip one set of 4 hex values and enter 'FFFF0100' for the next set.

That will give you 131071 exported wealth, which is enough for all of the features.  I have tested on two forts that went 8 and 10 years respectively without humans or a baron and after performing the above, both received humans and a barony on the following year.

I have not confirmed yet whether the offerings stay 0 as well, limiting the monarch.

This worked well for me in my 0.42.04 fort, even though I can be a little dumb when it comes to hex editing. Has anyone checked this bug on the new version yet? I haven't had the time.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 01:33:10 pm »

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:36:21 pm by Detros »
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 02:51:26 pm »

So I choose sites with, at most, 2 metals.
Is that some dfhack feature or how do you find out that?

I ment only embarking on "shallow metal/deep metal" embarks. Otherwise, you'd have to use DFHack's "prospect all" command from the embark screen to ascertain if "deep metals" is 2 or 4. I just look for sites that never have the plural since I don't like waiting for utilities to update.

It's supposed to be fixed now. I had edited the Raw files to remove export wealth requirements, but that didn't let me become mountainhome.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2016, 06:16:01 pm »

You can also mod the entity raws so that there's no exported wealth requirement for human caravans/nobility. Worked for me. My liaison let me pick my baron and I get human caravans on the regular.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 06:31:21 pm »

You can also mod the entity raws so that there's no exported wealth requirement for human caravans/nobility. Worked for me. My liaison let me pick my baron and I get human caravans on the regular.

Yes, that's how I first got my Baron in another Fort exhibiting this. But, for some reason, it didn't get me the humans... Maybe I just screwed up in the raws for it. I also had no visitors at all to my library or inn until my exported wealth was nonzero.

Looking forward to 42.06, now.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 10:01:50 pm »

So I'm also having this issue, and I'm pretty sure that along with the previously listed problems this is also the reason why my fort has yet to get a strange mood.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 04:46:09 am »

So I'm also having this issue, and I'm pretty sure that along with the previously listed problems this is also the reason why my fort has yet to get a strange mood.

That's probably a separate issue, since exported wealth isn't used to determine that... Also, all three (3) of my forts that have now had this issue saw no problems with moods.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 06:22:48 am »

So far for the next release:  I fixed the exported wealth count

All hail the Toad!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 07:36:55 am »

So far for the next release:  I fixed the exported wealth count
Thank Armok for quick and easy bug-fixes.

Njargh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 11:45:04 pm »

If you have time, could you tell what program you use and how to do this?
I've searched for my created wealth in artmoney, i found the address, but i have no clue where to look for the exported wealth

edit-
After re-reading the things you wrote, i actually understood it and made it work. My reading skills have improved.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 03:12:22 pm by Njargh »

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 07:43:04 pm »

Thanks for the workaround!

Rain At Dawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 02:43:05 pm »

So after strenuous searching failed to find a hex editor for linux that can edit memory, I concluded that something about the linux architecture makes this impossible (I'd be happy to be proved wrong!).

However, it turns out to be trivial to write a dfhack script to fix the problem; the variable in need of reassignment is df.global.ui.tasks.wealth.exported.
Pages: 1 [2] 3