Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]

Author Topic: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Game Over: EVERYONE WINS!  (Read 99577 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Flabort's High Powered Bring Your Own Role 2: Game Over: EVERYONE WINS!
« Reply #1080 on: April 16, 2016, 10:55:55 am »

Do we have the roles at start available?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 16, 2016, 11:01:26 am »

Roles Submitted, and in the tabs at the bottom of the page, tabs showing how the set-up started
You can check this link if you have questions.
Checking the third page, 4mask got the one you asked about.
So turning to 4masks page, it was a steal a role ability; OR give a brand spanking new role to the target.

There are tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for each player.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 16, 2016, 11:02:36 am »

A 418-foot giraffe
(Night) Lookout [Target]: With your incredibly long neck, you can see anyone visiting your target. But... they are kind of blurry, being so far down, and you'd pass out if you got a closer look, so you only know how many visitors there are.
(Auto) 6 hearts: Being so bizarely tall, you had several extra hearts transplanted to keep blood pumping to your head. If you are attacked, instead of dying you pass out and cannot act in the following cycle, until your extra hearts can fix the damaged ones. If you are attacked again while passed out, you cannot act for a further cycle, and being attacked again before recovery will kill you. Being lynched counts the same as being killed for attacks!
Grawrgghh. Those are OP roles! D:< I had a feeling that (in a conventional battle wherein the players are all minmax gamers with little heart towards others and more towards wincon) the Mafia would lose :P

I just feel like a tiny brown mouse that my two biggest suspects were the most OP <_< >.> (Well...straight up with singular roles that is).
To be fair, being unkillable is a pretty big problem, but there were role-stopping roles. With most of those gone, these were indeed a bit OP. :P

At least we were benevolent.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 16, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »

It occurred to me partway through the game that if I was scum I could have converted everyone (with a normal conversion, not the one OSG had) in the same night. That was basically how I convinced TolyK to trust me - if I as actually scum, there was nothing he could do about it.

I should also explain the giant post filled with numbers in the Orden quickchat. I had a role that would give the target an additional night action the next night that could be self-targeted and one that would double the target's actions the current night that could not be self targeted. I gave myself extra actions for the first few nights and ended up with 8, but then TolyK mentioned that anything targeting him had a 50% chance of targeting me instead. So I give myself one extra action and attempted to double TolyK's actions 7 times. Each time, there was a 50% chance that all my actions would double and then I would be able to double things again. The list of numbers was flabort running a random number generator to see if there was a string in the first thousand (ten thousand) that would terminate or if I would end up with a functionally infinite amount of actions.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:51:28 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 16, 2016, 03:09:43 pm »

This game needed more permadeath and less roleblocking.

Still, good job everyone for winning!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 16, 2016, 03:24:47 pm »

It occurred to me partway through the game that if I was scum I could have converted everyone (with a normal conversion, not the one OSG had) in the same night. That was basically how I convinced TolyK to trust me - if I as actually scum, there was nothing he could do about it.

I should also explain the giant post filled with numbers in the Orden quickchat. I had a role that would give the target an additional night action the next night that could be self-targeted and one that would double the target's actions the current night that could not be self targeted. I gave myself extra actions for the first few nights and ended up with 8, but then TolyK mentioned that anything targeting him had a 50% chance of targeting me instead. So I give myself one extra action and attempted to double TolyK's actions 7 times. Each time, there was a 50% chance that all my actions would double and then I would be able to double things again. The list of numbers was flabort running a random number generator to see if there was a string in the first thousand (ten thousand) that would terminate or if I would end up with a functionally infinite amount of actions.
Well, I could just change who my 50% went to, and you'd have no more infinite actions, but since you were initally town and scum can't convert (as an educated guess; if cult - all hail our new overlord?) I felt reasonably secure about that.

The loophole was actually the more broken thing than really-hard-to-kill, since you could be removed from the game or infraction-killed fairly easily.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 16, 2016, 03:27:49 pm »

I think the infraction system was a little bit completely broken as well. It might have worked better if you didn't tell people how many infractions each thing was worth, or just awarded them at the mod's discretion depending on how much they were gaming the system (like posting while dead, or sending PMs whenever that revealed otherwise unknowable information would be worth at leave replacement level infractions) but then I guess that wouldn't be any different to the standard system.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 16, 2016, 03:44:19 pm »

I think the infraction system was a little bit completely broken as well. It might have worked better if you didn't tell people how many infractions each thing was worth, or just awarded them at the mod's discretion depending on how much they were gaming the system (like posting while dead, or sending PMs whenever that revealed otherwise unknowable information would be worth at leave replacement level infractions) but then I guess that wouldn't be any different to the standard system.
Heck, the only reason I won is because I abused the infractions system...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 16, 2016, 03:54:14 pm »

Breaking the rules in order to win? Yup.
Normal day at the Bay12 mafia forum.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 17, 2016, 02:14:16 am »

I was lenient :P I spotted some more errors Flabort did but didn't choose to call him out on it because of raisins. o_o
Breaking the rules in order to win? Yup.
Normal day at the Bay12 mafia forum.
Oh pff. It's certain people. Not the whole forum :V
But yeah...that could do with a lot of tweaking, that infraction system ._.

Still, good game everyone. Thanks for the all-win, and as far as I know, this is the only game wherein everyone (as in everyone) actually won :P
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73]