Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Necromancer Fortress  (Read 12043 times)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Fortress
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 06:47:23 am »

Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bwint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 02:41:15 pm »

'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we decided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

Mind if I make this my first sig?
'There are some things mortals are not meant to know, but we were bored and drunk at the time so we gecided to leave details of those forbidden arts in the library for a laugh.'

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 06:01:18 pm »

(he was in 7 parts when he hit the ground, and I know necros got nerfed this update), or if they were only going to do it under a stress situation. I think this needs further testing.

Changes to zombies have made it so that they only reanimate if they have one working grasping hand.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

What level of combat does a necro need to reanimate? Would a barfight do it or do you need to drop some crundles on him?

And yes, Bwint, sig away.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 06:43:53 pm »

What level of combat does a necro need to reanimate? Would a barfight do it or do you need to drop some crundles on him?

Barfights and barfight-produced-deaths even don't count as crimes now so I would rather like put him in a squad and let him attack some cow or deer, for a start.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Johann Canteloupe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »

Yo Detros,

I'll give it a go once my dwarves have finished storing stuff in the stockpile. Think I'd prefer to find this out ahead of time anyhow. :L

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 06:07:50 am »

Well I guess it's not a bug then. Since I had like 3 Ñ's running about in my fortress, including what I suspected was a vampy (seeing he was 400+) to boot.

Is there a way to prevent Necro's showing up, since I really don't want to have a siege that ends up with a dwarf accidentally sending a zombie horde against his brethren.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 06:52:17 am »

Barfights and barfight-produced-deaths even don't count as crimes now so I would rather like put him in a squad and let him attack some cow or deer, for a start.

I'd assume just seeing a hostile being, even from behind fortifications would be enough. No need to endanger your necromancer citizens. I base this on observations of captured non-citizen necromancers but I think the the basics of hostility detection is similar.

With vengeful thoughts being as they are, even someone else seeing a goblin on the other side of the fortress could be enough. Some science is needed!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:00:01 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 07:40:31 am »

I'd assume just seeing a hostile being, even from behind fortifications would be enough. No need to endanger your necromancer citizens. I base this on observations of captured non-citizen necromancers but I think the the basics of hostility detection is similar.

With vengeful thoughts being as they are, even someone else seeing a goblin on the other side of the fortress could be enough. Some science is needed!
It can maybe get even to having vengeful thoughts about dead body pile and thus raising said bodies. DF logic.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Johann Canteloupe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 02:12:15 pm »

Hey guys,

So to update, I was going to try and test out how the necromancers worked atm, but it seems that for some reason half my fort is stuck on no jobs (when jobs are present)

A tonne of dwarves are milling around in my stockpiles, and seem to be convinced there has been a huge fight going on. I think one of my stonecrafters started a brawl but got the tar kicked out of them because of it. Despite her having been incapacitated though, all my dwarves are seemingly stuck panicking at the fight.

Anyone got any ideas how to stop this? I've tried setting emergency burrows and making the (unconscious) stonecrafter a soldier in order to break it up, but it doesn't seem to be working, and I can't seem to find any more combat logs.

Thanks,

JC

Johann Canteloupe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 02:22:17 pm »

Nvm, she finally choked on her own lung. Back to business as usual. Er, I mean, back to the other business as usual.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 02:23:48 pm »

I was going to ask if you have a hospital designated. Maybe they were all waiting for someone to take her to a hospital. But it seems to have resolved itself.

Dead, in a hospital, either one is fine, back to work.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 06:29:30 am »

I just love the idea of dwarves dabbling in things beyond their comprehension and then managing to kill themselves from it.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 06:48:37 am »

I just love the idea of dwarves dabbling in things beyond their comprehension and then managing to kill themselves from it.
Basically all they do.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 01:16:15 pm »

I was going to ask if you have a hospital designated. Maybe they were all waiting for someone to take her to a hospital.

In previous versions, at least, injured dwarves would be taken to their own bed, or to any bed, if there's no hospital.  I think that if there's no bed, they'll just lie down on the ground and be treated there.  I haven't tried it in 0.42.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 [2] 3