Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Necromancer Fortress  (Read 12125 times)

Johann Canteloupe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Fortress
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 06:44:14 pm »

Okay, so finally got some undead up and running. Currently got a hungry head skeleton making for impromptu fighting practice, but interestingly it seems that unless ordered to do otherwise, my dwarves are ignoring it. Need to do a few more tests but I've had no loyalty cascades or other issues so far.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2016, 02:32:28 pm »

Anyone finding their slab keeps disappearing when they leave the tower, and the game crashes when they go back to fetch it?

UPDATE: It does not even stay when you travel manually, rather than with T.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:47:25 pm by Insert_Gnome_Here »
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 03:15:10 am »

Does forbidding books stop people reading them?
I have two secrets of L&D books in my fort, and can't seem to be allowed to dump them as they're owned by the migrant who brought them, but the guy doesn't have them on him so I can't just seal him away somewhere to get rid of them.

Johann Canteloupe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 01:37:48 pm »

Heya,

Further updates, some of my necro soldiers are getting into fights with there own undead. When trying to beat some horse hair to death, one of my necros decided to get "help" by rezzing a former ally, with predictable results. I'm not sure if this is how it's set from the get go, or is caused by the fact that any soldiers i have in a squad will automatically be attempting to kill them. The zombie got the first strike, suggesting the former.

Also AMTiger, I tried to forbid the book after a while (I wanted some living dwarves to experiment on) but it seems that they kept getting converted over time. I'm not sure however if this is because they read the book, or from some sort of social interaction with the other dwarves who were already necromancers.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2016, 05:13:00 pm »

Does forbidding books stop people reading them?
I have two secrets of L&D books in my fort, and can't seem to be allowed to dump them as they're owned by the migrant who brought them, but the guy doesn't have them on him so I can't just seal him away somewhere to get rid of them.
forbidding an item should both stop it from being used, as well as remove the ownership over time (not sure how long, could be on season change). But then again, books being new and such, you never know if they behave differently.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 07:40:49 pm »

its been done before
create fort, retire, create adventurer, bring book from necro tower into fort library, leave book, retire, reclaim fort, make 1 person at a time read the book and then make him leave the library and go to somewhere away from anyone else, then repeat for all dwarves untill everyone is necro, then you have a full necro fort and every enemy that dies becomes a new ally
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 05:54:45 am »

From the latest release:

• Stopped reanimated corpses from being stuck on wrong side of conflicts
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 07:04:50 am »

From the latest release:

• Stopped reanimated corpses from being stuck on wrong side of conflicts

Is it time to build a dwarven nation to glorify the power and majesty that is the necromantic arts?

Yes it is, other nullBolt, yes it is.

Arcably

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2016, 11:55:53 am »

Well, this was an interesting read. A few days ago I saw a discussion on Reddit about creating the perfect slave race, and now you want to create a necro fortress. Armok is surely pleased.
Pages: 1 2 [3]