Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)  (Read 7588 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (4/6)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 07:15:49 pm »

((A bit too powerful? Compare to the other characters. Most of us are combat oriented. Allow me to summarize:
A psionic madman with psionic powers that can drive people insane... control them... render them gibbering morons...
An absurdly hardcore survivor with "Just Survive" tattoos all over her body.
A gadgeteer Gun Father.
An incredible swordsman...
A hardcore hoarder that will kill everybody in his path...
And the ultimate Gun Father.
When we get on board the ship, there is going to be a fight. The end result should be at least one of our characters dying.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (4/6)
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »

Well, usually it's better just to have a regularish character for Roll to Dodges because of how uncharacteristic it would be for someone so good with guns to constantly miss with them. :P
What do you think? Yes? No?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 11:55:18 pm »

Okay, that's all six. Turn up soon!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 12:39:55 am »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

The Ark, the enigmatic voidcraft that lay hidden underneath the ruins of City Primaris for untold centuries, began lift-off. The combatants on the ground stopped for a moment, one of the rare times of cease-fire on Decimus Prime, to look upon the behemoth vehicle as it clawed its way to the stars.

Aboard the ship, oblivious to the furious elements without, stared at each other with instinctual avarice. They were only held at bay thanks to the Ark's anti-violence programs. Allowing them a moment to calm down, the Captain revealed himself.

A desiccated torso, mounted on a giant, robotic arm, descended from above the gathering chamber. The cybernetic mummy watched the newcomers to his ship with a glowing, cyborganic eye. He opened his mouth, revealing speakers crammed into his throat.

"Welcome to the Ark. DESIGNATION: classified. DESTINATION: classified. Please proceed to the crew's barracks while awaiting further instruction."

Glowing lines lit the path to the crew's new chambers. The restraining force-fields were deactivated, allowing the six warriors to move freely. Their wargear rematerialized on a round table that they gathered around. The Captain was nowhere to be found.

The unbelievably advanced technology of the ship was enough to make the Elder feel like a child again. The Ark was positively alive, humming with energy and bursting with color. All this strange tech definitely made Anna Jackson wary, unaccustomed to this blood-free world of metal.

Decidius and Tia were happy to be reunited with their weapons, which had been taken for examining by the Captain when they first boarded. Catonius began the painful and arduous process of attaching the Catacomb exoskeleton to his body.

All were wary of the self-proclaimed warlock. His psychoslavery implants had a fearsome and frightening reputation, and at first the Captain refused him passage as long as he wore the implants. For reasons unknown, even to No Somebody, the Captain relented and let the warlock aboard.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 12:50:40 am »

((I'm assuming the cloak can be switched on/off?))

Anna shrugged off the uneasy feeling the smooth metal walls gave her as the familiar scratchy touch of the shroud-cloak comforted her. She wordlessly clipped her binoculars to her belt, and draped the cloak around her shoulders. She walked out of the room quickly, activating the cloak. She took a look at her surroundings, picked a direction at random, and set off exploring.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 01:04:35 am »

((I'm assuming the cloak can be switched on/off?))

Anna shrugged off the uneasy feeling the smooth metal walls gave her as the familiar scratchy touch of the shroud-cloak comforted her. She wordlessly clipped her binoculars to her belt, and draped the cloak around her shoulders. She walked out of the room quickly, activating the cloak. She took a look at her surroundings, picked a direction at random, and set off exploring.

((Yup! By the way, no need to worry too much about batteries or ammo and so on; I find it keeps me sane not to keep track of that stuff. Plus, fluff-wise, the Ark arms you with plenty.))

Anna Jackson:
Anna's exploration gave her the notion that the Ark was much, much bigger on the inside. She found herself in a kilometer-long hallway, with hundreds of doors on each side. Randomly opening the door revealed various rooms, many of which she couldn't figure out the purpose of, but when she thought of specifics, such as a medical bay, the next door she opened was exactly how she pictured it.

One door she passed had her name carved into a silver plaque - her bedchamber. Inside were comforts many Warriors of Decimus could only dream of: a bed made of some near-solid goo that hardened or softened as its user wished, food dispensers, and a various amenities. Anna assumed the others had such rooms as well.
Dying of laughter?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 06:42:37 am »

Catonius:
So this is how I shall spend the days to follow? Could be worse.
Look for some sort of equipment which I can procure with a liberal amount of bribery, thievery and intimidation.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 06:44:40 am »

Catonius:
Look for some sort of equipment which I can procure with a liberal amount of bribery, thievery and intimidation.

Any specific kind of equipment you have in mind?
Dying of laughter?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 07:24:32 am »

Jeanne explored the Ark for any sort of viewport. She wasn't exactly a stranger to being above the ground, we'll, never further than suborbital, but she was worried the people below might try to shoot at them for some reasons... Not that there are many artillery capable of harming a voidship like this, but it never hurts to be cautious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 09:43:43 am »

"Crew barracks. Hm."

*Well? Are you going to do it, or not?*

*But there's so much else to explore, so many places to hide, so many people to manipulate? Why bother going straight there?*

*No, no. We're not going to brainwash them yet.*

*Of course, not yet. But should you not get to know your crewmates? It'll make them more likely to act as meat shields in your favor later on...*

*Fair enough.*

No Somebody examines his crewmates, then approaches the most insane looking.

((The ** voices are inside his head. Purplebrown is a manifestation of his mage memories, bluebrown is a manifestation of his survivor memories.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 10:27:25 am »

Name: Happy

Bio: Happy was born with a mental defect that makes him always happy, no matter how grim his situation is. This naturally made him well suited for the role of Praise-Brother, although he seems to not get the concept of trying to harm someone else, although he won't try to stop his teammates from doing so (and will, in fact, continue to obliviously support them).

Aspect of War: Praise-Brother
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 11:13:55 am »

Shield or weapon. Otherwise, just stuff, useful or not.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 12:50:02 pm »

Tia shoulders her rifle. Used to quiet rubble and gunshots, she was rather unnerved with being surrounded by so much humming energy and state-of-the-art equipment. Set on edge, she cautiously explores the ship.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 10:05:19 am »

Decidius stalks around the ship, with the silent grace only the perfected dance of the son of the Sword-mother can have. He will look around for presumably important locations withing the ship, and people which seem to have some degree of authority.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 08:29:36 pm »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

Catonius:

(Search: 4) Catonius wandered the cyclopean labyrinth of the Ark, searching for gear. Many doors were inaccessible, for now at least, but he did manage to open a door that led to a storeroom of sorts. Inside he found a wealth of scrap and junk, as well as an assortment of strange trinkets. Buried beneath such trinkets was a dagger of sorts. Brutal. Intricate. Its design did not match anything else in the room.

Jeanne explored the Ark for any sort of viewport. She wasn't exactly a stranger to being above the ground, we'll, never further than suborbital, but she was worried the people below might try to shoot at them for some reasons... Not that there are many artillery capable of harming a voidship like this, but it never hurts to be cautious.

The elder opened a door, one of many in the shifting hallways, and was greeted with an expansive viewport, providing a beautiful view of Decimus Prime from orbit. She'd never known Decimus Prime could have been so gigantic - even with a huge chunk of the planet broken off, the debris orbiting the planet.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" a synthetic-sounding voice said. To Jeanne's right was the Captain, mounted on his gigantic robot crane. For a brief moment, his robotic eyes showed something other than cold calculation. After a terse moment, he spoke. "Please gather the rest of your people in the Grand Chamber. It's time for the journey to begin. You'll find it easily enough."

Tia shoulders her rifle. Used to quiet rubble and gunshots, she was rather unnerved with being surrounded by so much humming energy and state-of-the-art equipment. Set on edge, she cautiously explores the ship.

(Search: 1) The near-transcendent technology of the ship belied a darker secret, as Tia soon discovered. Some parts, needing repairs for at least thousands of years, have harbored stowaways. Ghastly, miserable humanoids with ungainly limbs lunge at Tia from dilapidated walls.

(Initiative: automatic Tia)
(Combat Damage: Tia 1 vs 5)
Only Tia's reflexes and preparedness saved her from decapitation by the creature's claws; her grave-gun shot instinctively at the creature, but it harmlessly sunk into its bloodless skin.

Decidius stalks around the ship, with the silent grace only the perfected dance of the son of the Sword-mother can have. He will look around for presumably important locations withing the ship, and people which seem to have some degree of authority.

(Search: 6)
Remarkably, Decidius managed to open one of the doors that had been locked for the shield-sister Catonius. Inside the room was a gleaming chamber, stark white and filled with radiant light. In the center seemed to be a glass chamber, with something writhing within the glass womb.

A voice issued from above, rumbling and deep. "CEASE AND DESIST. LEAVE ROOM IMMEDIATELY."
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5