Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)  (Read 7584 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 08:35:30 pm »

(ah. I see. I didn't notice that spoiler before making my turn's post, so when I saw other people talking about their stuff, I just assumed they were establishing their inventory by themselves.)

Tia shouts a curse, backpedaling to put more distance between her and the attackers. Being outnumbered, she decides that running rather than risking her life would be a wiser choice, firing her pistol back as she flees.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:23:35 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 10:18:56 pm »

Anna left her room, after pocketing a few dried food bars from the dispenser, and stepped into the hallway. She started walking, invisible in her cloak, looking for an armory.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2016, 08:22:03 am »

Decidius camly backs away, while eyeing the odd element. What was that? Of course, pressing on that issue would not be prudent, given the circumstances.

After that, Decidus will look for his personal quarters, if he has, and procure some food for himself. If there is a gathering, Decidus will go there, after doing all this.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2016, 12:52:01 pm »

A dagger. Well made. Weird. Didn't expect it to lie in such a pile of worthless shit, but oh well. It IS really strange, though.

Experiment with the dagger. Then look for petty pretty trinkets to add to my collection of worthless thrash.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »

"Hmph."

No explores the ship. It might be useful later to know where things are...
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 07:50:16 am »

If Jeanne thought she had seen it all, now was the time that belief begun getting erased. "It certainly can be. Decimus Prime will be both a cautionary tale and fairytale if we do reach the Promised World." she spoke solemnly, nodding at the only person on this ship who was possibly older than her.

"Can't you call them there yourself? Nevertheless... I suppose this would be a good time to acquaint myself with them." Of course, this excluded the psionic. Jeanne would rather acquaint that freak of nature with her gun, but she kept that to herself as she silently walked off to explore the ship and find someone.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2016, 08:45:01 am »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

(ah. I see. I didn't notice that spoiler before making my turn's post, so when I saw other people talking about their stuff, I just assumed they were establishing their inventory by themselves.)

Tia shouts a curse, backpedaling to put more distance between her and the attackers. Being outnumbered, she decides that running rather than risking her life would be a wiser choice, firing her pistol back as she flees.

(Initiative: automatic Tia, Ghoul 1, Ghoul 2)
(Roll to hit: 4) (Direct hit!)
(Damage: 1+2 vs 3)

Tia fled, taking potshots with her grave-gun with blinding speed. The bullets sunk into the creature's desiccated flesh harmlessly. It slavered and drooled.

(Speed: 5 vs 3)

With unholy speed, the ghoul raced down the hallway, grabbing onto Tia's leg.

Anna left her room, after pocketing a few dried food bars from the dispenser, and stepped into the hallway. She started walking, invisible in her cloak, looking for an armory.

Anna sought, and so she found. The first door she opened was inexplicably an armory. A dizzying array of armaments both offensive and defensive were on display, though unfortunately locked behind some form of energy field. A clockwork man stood behind a counter.

"WELCOME. Please select item to barter, and propose offer." With a whoosh, a chute opened near the man, supposedly where one was to place their items for sale.

Decidius camly backs away, while eyeing the odd element. What was that? Of course, pressing on that issue would not be prudent, given the circumstances.

After that, Decidus will look for his personal quarters, if he has, and procure some food for himself. If there is a gathering, Decidus will go there, after doing all this.

Decidius, famished, returned to his quarters. Punching a code into a glowing touchscreen, a few bars of nutritious synthmeal were prepared. Though it left something to be desired, taste-wise, Decidius certainly curbed his hunger.

A dagger. Well made. Weird. Didn't expect it to lie in such a pile of worthless shit, but oh well. It IS really strange, though.

Experiment with the dagger. Then look for petty pretty trinkets to add to my collection of worthless thrash.

(Awareness: 2)

Catonius' fiddling definitely had some effect - namely, a few cuts on his palm. The blade seemed to vibrate animatedly for a bit before disappearing into the vast pile of trash in the room.... Defeated, he took a few trinkets and went on his way. (Trinkets added.)

"Hmph."

No explores the ship. It might be useful later to know where things are...

The warlock explored the ship as well, witnessing the memetic properties of the shifting rooms. Turning a corridor, he happened upon Tia, prone, kicking fiercely at a decayed ghoul atop her.

If Jeanne thought she had seen it all, now was the time that belief begun getting erased. "It certainly can be. Decimus Prime will be both a cautionary tale and fairytale if we do reach the Promised World." she spoke solemnly, nodding at the only person on this ship who was possibly older than her.

"Can't you call them there yourself? Nevertheless... I suppose this would be a good time to acquaint myself with them." Of course, this excluded the psionic. Jeanne would rather acquaint that freak of nature with her gun, but she kept that to herself as she silently walked off to explore the ship and find someone.

Jeanne wandered the Ark's hallways, leaving the Captain staring longingly at the planet, and began looking for the other Decimus warriors. She would always find their rooms whenever she wanted, though they were locked without any visible port for a key or code. Knocking, she gathered Anna, Decidius, and Catonius. The warlock and Tia weren't in their rooms.

((Edited the weapons so that they would have base damage. Catonius' armor negates damage now.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2016, 09:24:05 am »

Head over to the armory to buy stuff. Maybe loot some more barter goods that I might trade off back to them.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2016, 09:36:40 am »

Head over to the armory to buy stuff. Maybe loot some more barter goods that I might trade off back to them.

Any specifics of what you're hoping to buy? And what you're planning to trade it for?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2016, 09:50:21 am »

A weapon or shield for the trinkets + whatever I pick up on the way there + the dagger if needs be.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2016, 12:48:57 pm »

Decidius will follow the group from behind, not making any comments unless they are speaking to him.

((I will be away for 10 days, and I don't know if I will have internet access, so I may not be able to post. In that case, just auto me to help the group))

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2016, 01:08:03 pm »

Tia fires point blank into the ghoul's head. Shots to the body might not work, but everybody's got something important in their head. Failing that, she keeps trying to kick free.
What do you think? Yes? No?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2016, 04:25:43 pm »

"Oh. Hello. I didn't catch your name earlier."

*Wouldn't it be nice to have a brainwashed slave?*

*You do notice what's atop her, right? And no. Unless you intend to fight the entire crew.*

"Oh."
No Somebody inflicts several kicks unto the ghoul thing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2016, 04:58:56 pm »

Leave the armory, and search around for something I can barter with.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 02:26:45 am »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)

(Search: 4)

Catonius opens a few doors, taking some trinkets, coins, and oddly shaped toys. He opens another door and enters the armory just as Anna leaves. He deposits his trinkets into the chute by the clockwork-man shopkeeper. He whirs, clanks and gives a bright smile.

"I've been looking for these forever! The damn ship's going haywire, I tell you, somethings just disappear and reappear. Anyways, I'll give you this blade-gun. Pretty standard, nothing special, but it gets the job done in melee and range."

Lost trinkets, gained blade-gun.

Decidius will follow the group from behind, not making any comments unless they are speaking to him.

((I will be away for 10 days, and I don't know if I will have internet access, so I may not be able to post. In that case, just auto me to help the group))

((No problem, you'll be auto'd 'til then.))

Decidius follows Jean to the Grand Chamber, greeted by the mummified Captain overlooking a holographic map.

Tia fires point blank into the ghoul's head. Shots to the body might not work, but everybody's got something important in their head. Failing that, she keeps trying to kick free.

(Initiative: automatic Tia, No, Ghoul 1, Ghoul 2)
(Roll to hit: 5) (Critical hit!)
(Damage: 5+2) (Critical hits can't be negated)

Tia's grave-gun hits the ghoul dead-center, the bullet ripping through the desiccated skin and obliterating the bone! Only the ghoul's unnatural physiology keeps it alive.

No Somebody inflicts several kicks unto the ghoul thing.

(Roll to hit: 6!) (Perilous hit!)
(Damage: instant death)

Robes flapping, No rushes over and lands a devastating kick to the ghoul's already mutilated head. It is obliterated, but No's unarmored foot is impaled by shards of bone, taking 2 damage.

Ghoul 2:

The second ghoul mourns the first's death, howling in unnervingly, mouth frothing in rage. Two more ghouls emerge from the dilapidated hallway.

Leave the armory, and search around for something I can barter with.

(Search: 1)

Anna opens a door to look for valuables. She finds a gleaming room, bathed in white light, almost blindingly bright. In the center is a glass machine with something growing inside. A robed man looks irritably at the intrusion.

"I TOLD YOU TO CEASE AND DESIST. YOU CAME BACK? FINE."

The glass womb opens, mist and liquid pouring out, disgorging a mewling creature onto the floor. If Anna had seen the ghouls Tia and No had been fighting, she'd see the resemblance.

Teeth gnashing, it charges!

Jeanne and Decidius:

The Captain stares blankly at the two warriors. "It seems your friends are preoccupied. It's my fault. I should've warned you that I've lost control of my ship," he says in a pained tone. "I can't control the matrices and onboard systems as well as I did. I advise you to be cautious when exploring."

He waves a hand at the holographic map. "Our first stop will be this planet: Rol. It's uninhabited by any advanced species, though predatory flora and fauna are abundant. There are quite a few resources I'd like to get from Rol, if you'd be so kind to get them from me."

He makes another gesture. The hologram shows some strange, humanoid animals. "I don't remember much about them, except that they can generate enough energy to power my ship as long as they're fed. They're called Roloth. Apart from that," he scratches his head, "I don't remember much else."
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5