Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)  (Read 7535 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pilgrimage to the Promised World (6/6) (Waitlist open!)
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2016, 12:46:54 pm »

Decidius finally dares to speak among the other crewmembers:

"Any ideas on how to incapacitate those beasts? A net would be a simple solution, I would guess."

((By the way, why I am missing HP? I was never in combat))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2016, 03:45:21 pm »

"Good."

*Good indeed... but... well...*

*Man. You're forgetting something.*

"What am I- oh. MY FOOT MY BLOODY FOOT! MY BLOODY FOOT! IT HURTS!"

No requests directions to the medical bay or whatnot from the captain.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2016, 08:27:20 am »

(Sorry i just moved and wont have my own internet till wednesday night)

"Near the north pole?" Tia scrunched up her face in distaste. "Will we need jackets?"

(Just killing time till everyone's ready for landfall, but it looks like the long update time has caused some players to forget about the game)
What do you think? Yes? No?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2016, 08:51:54 am »

((By the way, why I am missing HP? I was never in combat))

((Whoops! Thanks for catching that. The damage was supposed to be Jeanne's :P ))

(Sorry i just moved and wont have my own internet till wednesday night)

(Just killing time till everyone's ready for landfall, but it looks like the long update time has caused some players to forget about the game)

((Wish you well with your new home, and no rush. :) ))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2016, 10:26:52 am »

"We won't happen to have nets on board, do we? But best case scenario I'm hoping that we can just get them to come with us, seeing as they're just simple animals."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2016, 01:03:49 pm »

Diplomacy was such an odd concept for someone that lived the life of a warrior like Decidius. As such, and, as would have done everybody who had been raised in Decimus Prime, he rationalized what the old person had just said as best as he could.

"I wouldn't count on we being able to just force them to walk with us after we subjugate them. I'd rather go for a net. Or some kind of narcotic."

He then thought for a moment, the added, this time speaking to the captain:

"So, if we just need these animals alive, we may as well break their legs and bring them here, right? Would there be any problems with that? I figured that a crude mace would be all that is needed to incapacitate them, as much as I hate blunt weapons myself."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2016, 05:51:24 am »

Spoiler: Crew (click to show/hide)
"What am I- oh. MY FOOT MY BLOODY FOOT! MY BLOODY FOOT! IT HURTS!"

No requests directions to the medical bay or whatnot from the captain.

"Open the door closest to you," he says in stark deadpan. No does so, enters the medical bay and has his foot sealed with nanobots and sterilized.

"Near the north pole?" Tia scrunched up her face in distaste. "Will we need jackets?"

"Fortunately not," says the Captain. "The sheer energy generated by the Roloth makes the planet quite warm. And radioactive. Lethally radioactive. Jackets? Not a requirement. You'll be need survival suits, though."

Androids appear from a doorway, giving survival-suits to each warrior.

"Any ideas on how to incapacitate those beasts? A net would be a simple solution, I would guess."
"We won't happen to have nets on board, do we? But best case scenario I'm hoping that we can just get them to come with us, seeing as they're just simple animals."

"A regular net would be, er, insufficient. Instead, you'll be given teleporting homers. Once you've knocked them out, stick them into the creatures and I'll beam them up."

"So, if we just need these animals alive, we may as well break their legs and bring them here, right? Would there be any problems with that? I figured that a crude mace would be all that is needed to incapacitate them, as much as I hate blunt weapons myself."

"Your regular armaments will suffice. Just ensure you do not damage their internal organs too much, else it would be in vain. Despite their looks, Roloth are adept at using the incredible energy they generate as a natural defense."

An illuminated pathway lights up on the ground. "Follow the trail to your pods when you're ready. I'll exert extra resources to ensure the Ark doesn't accidentally lead you into a garbage compacter."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2016, 08:12:03 am »

"Do we have to knock them out? What if we just sneak up behind them and slap the teleport homer on them?" Tia asked as she accepted her suit. She then began struggling into it, likely making a fool of herself due to never having to wear any kind of similar suit.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:44 am »

"Do we have to knock them out? What if we just sneak up behind them and slap the teleport homer on them?" Tia asked as she accepted her suit. She then began struggling into it, likely making a fool of herself due to never having to wear any kind of similar suit.

"You could, but then you'd still have to fight the damn things once you get back on board, and I'd rather not have the Ark more damaged than it is."
Dying of laughter?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2016, 09:26:43 am »

*Well, you can't go about a mission like this with an injured foot, yeh?*

*Definitely not. Remember that time...*

"Please, don't remind me about the Incident of the Right Arm Cut. Just don't."

*You not wanting to hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen...*

No grumbles under his breath, returns to the Captain... heads to his pod.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2016, 12:27:50 pm »

"Hmm, let's hope those things don't bleed to death too easily..." Decidius murmured as he began to put that suit on. After that, he calmly walked to the pod.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2016, 01:02:11 am »

"You could, but then you'd still have to fight the damn things once you get back on board, and I'd rather not have the Ark more damaged than it is."
"That wouldn't be good..." Tia reluctantly agreed, not entirely thrilled with the concept of beating innocent, albeit radioactive, animals in order to enslave them. Still, she had done worse.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 07:25:35 am by Terrahex »

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2016, 01:03:34 am »

Head back to my room.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2016, 02:02:20 pm »

Nap.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]