Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 975237 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10830 on: June 26, 2020, 04:00:47 pm »

*shrug* for what I've seen  "promoting homosexuality" is a warcry for zealously religious arch-conservatives so I'm kind of suspicious. Really, it has shades of a conspiracy theory (a gay lobby promoting gayness?).
It can be a trojan horse for worse things down the line.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 04:10:14 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: June 26, 2020, 04:04:21 pm »

I propose we of Europol Thread should come together as a people to declare this thread a Th4DwArfY1-ideology free zone. This is massively different from banning him, we're just refusing to support the recent trend towards Th4DwArfY1 identity politics and showing our distinctive thread character.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: June 26, 2020, 04:29:04 pm »

I propose we of Europol Thread should come together as a people to declare this thread a Th4DwArfY1-ideology free zone. This is massively different from banning him, we're just refusing to support the recent trend towards Th4DwArfY1 identity politics and showing our distinctive thread character.
I mean, sure, if you want? If people don't want me to post, I won't. That's just polite. I've no burning desire to proselytise.

I'll look into it more in the morning and hold off on posting until I'm better informed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: June 26, 2020, 05:48:45 pm »

All I know about it is what I've seen here, so I'll not pretend to knowledge I don't have. If this is true -
Strictly speaking, all they do is declare that 'we in this here town/region do not take kindly to promoting the thing'.
- then it seems like they're simply not promoting its cultural aspects. That's massively different from restricting rights.

Yeah, they’re free to do that, but It’ll be more complicated than that in practice.

You remember when there was a surge in racist hate crimes after Brexit? While Brexit isn’t a racist thing, it was like lighting the blue touch paper for those that hold racist views that it was okay to act on them.

Like Il Palazzo said, folk in charge saying they’re not promoting LGBT ideology is tacit approval of homophobic attitudes, and that it’s okay to act on them. Bad juju ensues, for people who are lgbt and people who are suspected of being lgbt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: June 27, 2020, 04:43:08 am »

How would you react if someone said "it's not illegal to be black, as long as you don't go about teaching our kids that black people are equal to white people, or promoting black people's rights"?

It's the same thing basically.  You don't choose to be born black, just like you don't choose to be born lgbt.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10835 on: June 27, 2020, 07:50:15 am »

There is a MUCH STRONGER correlation between kiddie boinking and conservative thinking, than there is between kiddie boinking and liberal homosexual tolerance.
bruh, they literally packaged liberal homosexual tolerance with pedophilia

The researchers found that several of the foster fathers were high-profile academics. They speak of a network that included high-ranking members of the Max Planck Institute, Berlin's Free University, and the notorious Odenwald School in Hesse, West Germany, which was at the center of a major pedophilia scandal several years ago. It has since been closed down.

There hasn't been a "conservative thinking" of pedophilia, there has been a progressive school of pedophilia. That's not to say there haven't been conservative pedophiles, but you didn't say that - you said there is a link between conservative thinking and pedophilia, which is fairly petty mudslinging when it's clear conservative thinking has opposed pedophilia, whilst progressives like Foucault, Derrida, Simone de Beauvoir and so on - whose works still remain foundational study materials in University disciplines like postmodernism, feminism and intersectionality, advocated for legal pedophilia.

Berlin’s Green Party called on Tuesday for an investigation into a massive child abuse scandal that saw foster children placed into the care of pedophiles for more than 30 years – all the way up to 2003. According to a new report published on Monday, the city’s educational authorities and Senate knew what was taking place, and the practice was “accepted, supported, [and] defended” by left-wing politicians and academics throughout the 1970s, 80s and 90s.

And if you look at the NA movements, you see the same pattern - pedophilia advocates attaching their cause to leftist causes. If recent revelations about powerful pedos in the church, in various governments both state and local level, the UN, the security services, academia and the street are to go by, shit is global and shit is pervasive. I would argue that pedophiles in progressive circles and pedophiles in conservative circles share one trait in common, that only appears to be separate.

In both cases, the taboo is so strong that pedophiles must align themselves with the morality of the majority. In progressive circles, they attach themselves to the next progressive vanguard cause, fighting to place themselves at the forefront so people are more inclined to look the other way, owing to their usefulness and the embarrassment of blowback. You can see this stuff in how people like Harry Hay are still popular figures in LGBT institutions, still receiving honours and memorials despite such persons having been very vocal supporters of NAMBLA. And of course, we have the recent Berlin sexologist Helmut, who explicitly linked the normalisation of pedophilia as just another step to be taken in tandem with casual sex & homosexual sex.  In conservative circles, their exists no language for arguing permissive attitudes to pedophilia, yet the phenomenon remains the same - attachment to vanguard causes. And so you see those con politicians who so vociferously fight to "protect the children," all the whilst they are themselves the danger. The only difference is the former is for social engineering, the latter is for camouflage. Either way, it is a great problem, wouldn't you agree?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: June 27, 2020, 08:45:36 pm »

We totally shouldn't love our children, right?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: June 28, 2020, 01:25:02 am »

Oh, you should love your children alright.  But do it with your heart and mind, not with your physical body.

EG, no sexual contact yo.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: June 28, 2020, 04:30:53 am »

See, personally, I really don't think that pedophiles should be reviled per definition. It's not their fault for having a harmful paraphilia.

However, I do believe that that's exactly what it is: A harmful paraphilia. Due to the nature of the dynamic, it cannot be acted upon under sane, safe, and consensual boundaries. This is cause for pity and understanding, so that it's possible to find alternative methods of helping these people lead well-adjusted, fulfilled lives.

There is a notable difference between simply being a pedophile, and actively acting upon those desires by abusing children. Those people are rapists, and will not find much pity or understanding from me.

I feel that in order to create a safer society, we actually need more openness towards pedophilia, specifically so that solutions can be found in a reasonable manner instead of just shunning them all in disgust and hoping the problem fixes itself when you're not looking at it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: June 28, 2020, 10:04:18 am »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with Kagus.

LW. Stop trying to conflate pedophilia with LGBTQ causes. Just because some activists have attempted to hijack the movement for their own purposes, that does not mean that the two are linked and correlated.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: June 28, 2020, 10:23:22 am »

I think that was his point, if I’m not mistaken.

wierd was saying conservatives are paedos, much more so than libs, and LW was saying libs can be just as much paedos as conservatives.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: June 28, 2020, 10:27:43 am »

Ok, but LW is still wrong. Pedophilia doesn't need justification or camouflage among the far-right, it's just accepted, which is why right-wing institutions so reliably cover up for and protect child rapists. That is the predictable result of maintaining ideologies which necessarily require sexual ownership and guardianship while emphasizing authority and fecundity from the earliest possible age.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: June 28, 2020, 10:39:38 am »

I believe "regular" pedophiles (who don't act on their desires) must be imprisoned for life so they don't molest chilren... while actual kiddy diddlers must have the same fate as any other rapists-- against a wall with a gun pointed at their head. I truly despise them both. However this must be carried out by the state.

And I do not believe there is any real correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia and I support gay rights (I'm bi, what else do you expect).
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: June 28, 2020, 10:46:15 am »

Protection from abusers is largely based on culture: it's why you hear about abuse being endemic in some organizations, but not others.

Here's an article that provides some analysis of religous protection of abusers: https://religiondispatches.org/a-church-group-a-lawsuit-and-a-culture-of-abuse/

There's an excellent example in the SPLC, too, though that was racial harassment.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: June 28, 2020, 10:49:25 am »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with Kagus.

LW. Stop trying to conflate pedophilia with LGBTQ causes. Just because some activists have attempted to hijack the movement for their own purposes, that does not mean that the two are linked and correlated.
He's not conflating pedophilia with the LGBT cause. He's claiming precisely what you said - pedophiles have attempted to hijack it for their own purposes.
Ok, but LW is still wrong. Pedophilia doesn't need justification or camouflage among the far-right, it's just accepted, which is why right-wing institutions so reliably cover up for and protect child rapists. That is the predictable result of maintaining ideologies which necessarily require sexual ownership and guardianship while emphasizing authority and fecundity from the earliest possible age.
Any evidence for 'far-right' acceptance/normalising of pedophilia?

Because I would imagine that ideologies so deeply enmeshed with notions of 'proper' family - man in charge, woman in kitchen, children playing outside - would react viscerally to pedophilia. Much like the generally-accepted-as-right-wing UVF always did. They gave two options to pedophiles - run or die.

In essence, I think that your politicised finger pointing is unnecessary and - perhaps the greater crime - transparent.

I believe "regular" pedophiles (who don't act on their desires) must be imprisoned for life so they don't molest chilren... while actual kiddy diddlers must have the same fate as any other rapists-- against a wall with a gun pointed at their head. I truly despise them both. However this must be carried out by the state.

And I do not believe there is any real correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia and I support gay rights (I'm bi, what else do you expect).
Pedophiles are a wild card. But, for a punishment to be applied, a crime must take place.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 793