Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 987127 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10995 on: November 06, 2020, 07:47:03 am »

It's all mammals in the end.

Still makes more sense than the Platypus.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10996 on: November 06, 2020, 07:53:44 am »

Uropeons so funny.  Tell us 'bout black swans agin.  ;D

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #10997 on: November 06, 2020, 08:42:37 am »

Swans are just Geese with a pretense of dignity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: November 06, 2020, 09:59:28 am »

Swans are just Geese with a pretense of dignity.

Geese are just angry dogs with feathers.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #10999 on: November 06, 2020, 10:00:06 am »

Dogs are just stupider cats. Thus it is proven that Bats are Cats are Rats and Mice or Meeses are Mooses. And dogs are frogs are doors are floors are yours are mine. The interconnectivity of these things is very clear to me. So why, or wherefore, do you call me mad? Wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 10:03:37 am by MorleyDev »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11000 on: November 06, 2020, 01:10:00 pm »

Buuuut surely, having offed Dom, he'd have needed to get the bill anyway...
Post-humous expenses?

In other news, the EU commission has completed a draft for submission to the European Parliament that would allow the Commission to propose sanctions on EU countries with a qualified majority instead of a unanimous vote. These measures have largely been proposed as a giant middle finger to Poland & Hungary, and have been championed by Juncker the Drunker since 2018, as the Visegrad bois have been promoted to public enemy #1 after the most ill-behaved European nation decided to stick its foot half way in and half way out of the EuroUnion.

The deal must now be officially endorsed by a qualified majority of the EU’s 27 member states and a majority in the parliament. But MEPs and the member states are remain in dispute over the total size of the seven-year budget and coronavirus recovery fund, in a row that threatens its timely distribution. The parliament wants to secure additional funding beyond the €1.8tn (£1.6tn) agreed by EU leaders earlier this year.
Cristian Terheş MEP, from the Romanian Christian Democratic National Peasants’ party, said the rule-of-law mechanism was an unacceptable interference by Brussels into domestic politics.
He said: “The EU is shaking a chequebook rather than a gun at the head of democratically elected governments in Poland and Hungary in order to bully them into doing Brussels’ bidding.
“This is a despicable interference in the lawful democratic decision-making of member states. States have constitutions and parliaments which need to be respected by Brussels, rather than being whipped into line like a badly behaved child.”
Little did they know, THIS WAS A MAXIMUM BULLY ZONE

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: November 14, 2020, 06:54:29 pm »

Congratulations on your independence, I guess. I didn't even know that was going on.

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327654526963376128

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11002 on: November 14, 2020, 06:57:57 pm »

It was only a matter of time before Amazon started delivering on geopolitics. We parcel packaged East Amazon Company now

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: November 14, 2020, 07:09:33 pm »

Congratulations on your independence, I guess. I didn't even know that was going on.

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327654526963376128

Northern Ireland has always been a weird legal thing for lots of organisations. Lots of services, governmental and private, have more or less separate branches for NI that have to be contacted differently from the counterparts in England/Scotland/Wales. I'm not clear on exactly why, I assume it's something to do with the Good Friday Agreement and the special relationship between N. Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: November 15, 2020, 07:26:53 am »

That's not the reason Amazon gave. They're pretty much saying that NI isn't part of the UK. Which is demonstrably false.

If they have another reason, such as the Good Friday Agreement (not sure what legalistic dance you'd need to make THAT work) then they should say.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: November 15, 2020, 07:52:48 am »

You did it, lads. Congrats!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: November 17, 2020, 05:19:54 pm »

THE PROPHECY LIES BROKEN, BY HIS WILL

JEZZA RISES
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11007 on: November 17, 2020, 06:13:23 pm »

AWAKEN AWAKEN AWAKEN AWAKEN, TAKE THE GREGGS THAT MUST BE BAKEN

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: November 25, 2020, 06:40:26 pm »

It is time to bring out the popcorn.
The largest far right party in the Netherlands, "Forum for Democracy" by Thierry Baudet is currently imploding in spectacular fashion, with everybody backstabbing everybody.

Apparently it all started after Thierry went full Qanon at an internal meeting last week, including all the nasty stuff about Soros, pedophiles and Clinton, and in addition stated that most of his friends were anti semitic and that that was all nice and fine. Surprisingly there were some people in the party that thought he might have gone a bit too far, and they have been trying to throw him out of the party for the past week. This is difficult because Thierry more or less is the party. Anyhow the whole fight is being played out in the media, and more and more garbage hits the news every day. The Qanon stuff just came out.

https://www.nu.nl/binnenland/6092869/nog-meer-fvd-prominenten-kritisch-op-baudet-senator-schrijft-brandbrief.html

In the last provincial elections they actually became the largest party in the country (all other parties had stopped their campaign after a terrorist attack 2 days before, but FvD did not, doubled down, and won a lot of votes from angry people)
Thierry did not yet wield any real power on a national level yet because his rise to fame was fairly recent. With elections coming up early next year he soon would have though, so I am enjoying every moment of this. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 06:47:39 pm by Bralbaard »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: November 25, 2020, 06:59:43 pm »

I enjoy fascists self-destructing. That is my favorite political event. When fascists kill each other for no reason, I think to myself "yes". When fascists win fair elections, I think to myself "no".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 793