Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 974960 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11310 on: November 29, 2021, 04:52:36 pm »

All women are the same person
it's how they know
it's how they know
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11311 on: November 30, 2021, 03:43:25 am »

Imagine not being pathos
I can't

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: December 13, 2021, 01:17:05 pm »

Danish former minister of Immigration has been convicted and sentenced to two months in prison, for illegally separating married immigrant couples.

In her defense, Inger Støjberg said that she was just trying to discourage child marriage and protect minors.
Of all the couples she separated, at least one of them was a minor. The women ranged from age 15-17, and the men ranged from age 15-32. Some of the separated couples already had children. Most of them were from Syria.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11313 on: December 14, 2021, 02:00:07 am »

You can convict politicians? Noice

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: December 14, 2021, 03:23:15 am »

Denmark has a very special court for that. It was founded in 1849, and this was their 5th case.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: December 14, 2021, 05:30:20 am »

Slackers
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: December 14, 2021, 08:03:54 am »

The European Court in Luxemburg has ruled that EU member states are obliged to legally acknowledge both parents of gay couples with children as having full parenting rights, even if said member states themselves have not legalized gay marriage.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: December 14, 2021, 07:50:59 pm »

Malta is now the first EU country that fully legalizes marijuana for personal use.
The new law allows anyone over age 18 to legally carry 7gr weed on their person, grow 4 plants in their homes and store 50gr of dried cannabis at home.

Smoking weed in public spaces, or near a minor remains an offense, punishable by a 500 euro fine.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11318 on: December 15, 2021, 04:34:02 am »

Malta is now the first EU country that fully legalizes marijuana for personal use.
The new law allows anyone over age 18 to legally carry 7gr weed on their person, grow 4 plants in their homes and store 50gr of dried cannabis at home.

Smoking weed in public spaces, or near a minor remains an offense, punishable by a 500 euro fine.
It is always one of those funny things where you can go to prison for weed possession but invest openly in the stock market in commercial weed growing companies. Nevertheless I wish police would enforce the law in public spaces because the stench is inescapable and clouds the Thames pathways in miasma that is rather unkind to lung health

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: December 15, 2021, 12:25:06 pm »

Smoking is a rather poor ingestion mechanism anyway. Don't you all realize we're living in the 21st century? What is this stone age shit, burning something and then inhaling it.

Embrace the CYBERWEED.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #11320 on: December 15, 2021, 01:14:55 pm »

The EU really should lift the ban of snus outside of Sweden and ban smoking instead. It's still gross in a major way and a bad personal choice, but at least it doesn't poison everyone around you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: December 15, 2021, 01:20:12 pm »

You can't do that, people in France and Germany smoke
Love, scriver~

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: December 16, 2021, 03:56:02 am »

So do people in New Zealand but the government there are well on the way to banning it.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/09/new-zealand-to-ban-smoking-for-next-generation-in-bid-to-outlaw-habit-by-2025
Never mind that young people have already moved on to cyberweed vaping as by far the preferred option for ingestion.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: December 16, 2021, 07:46:42 am »

MSH LIVES.

Huh I was going to protest to leave meemaw her fags but that proposal is actually super thought out and could work... Just don't outlaw tabacco farming for personal use to the few freaks who want  want to go primeval or have other uses. And then there is just another detail... Those people who collect and invest in cigars, are they gonna have as much paperwork as somebody who (legally) trades in ivory? Hehe could definitly chuckle at that, some forms of regulation could never make me mad even if the outcome is somewhat absurd to the unitiated.

There is health risks/unkowns associated to pg/vg vapejuice too though, I agree that nobody needs to have a right to ingest tar, but let's just hope it doesn't open the door to an outright offense on nicotine, it has limited uses, but not none. And supporting that would definitly feel like burning the bridge behind me, who am I to rob coming generations of a molecule, it's not special waste like asbestus where we'd be doing them an unambigious favor to burry it to never be found again.

On the subject of cyberweed, I am engineering something with some nasty pizzazz... The project gets interrupted for months on end since I got a lot of stuff going on (it affects my health so it's not something to rush either, I'm slowly feeling my way there like a blind person) but so god help me i will tickle the edge of physics until I got the hottest tar free gas possible.
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: December 16, 2021, 07:48:45 am »

Don't ingest New-Zealanders it will turn your stomach upside down

Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 793