Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 991924 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11730 on: February 15, 2023, 11:07:41 am »

part of my news program in the morning is listening to the British news. They've been talking about this woman who they think went and disappeared by the river?

this morning they said that they had classified or is high risk and high vulnerability, but they wouldn't say what they mean by that. Is there something in between the lines here? What are they trying to say without saying?

are they trying to say that they expected her to go missing *based upon* certain qualities she has? I feel like that's what they're trying to say, but seen it post facto just seems superfluous.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 11:11:34 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: February 15, 2023, 11:58:51 am »

According to the BBC it means she’s at significant risk of harm, though they won’t say more than it’s based on “specific vulnerabilities” and information pointed out by her partner.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: February 15, 2023, 04:11:34 pm »

A group of women who were placed into the care of the 'Good Sheperd' nun's cloisters in the period between 1940 and 1970, after being taken from their home for various reasons (abuse, sexual abuse, alcoholist parents, poverty, sickness, you name it) have started a lawsuit against the catholic church and the dutch state, blaming them for forced labour, abuse and extortion when they were just girls aged 12-18.

"the cloister was a factory, and we were their means of production", the women say.

"These girls were, often by government mandate, locked up and forced to work in seamstress' workshops and laundries, under duress of punishment when not complying", their lawyer says.
"They are entitled to payment of overdue wages".

A research report from 2019 already classified the circumstances the girls were put in as 'falling under the international definition of forced labour and slavery'.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 06:43:27 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: February 15, 2023, 08:45:53 pm »

part of my news program in the morning is listening to the British news. They've been talking about this woman who they think went and disappeared by the river?

this morning they said that they had classified or is high risk and high vulnerability, but they wouldn't say what they mean by that. Is there something in between the lines here? What are they trying to say without saying?

are they trying to say that they expected her to go missing *based upon* certain qualities she has? I feel like that's what they're trying to say, but seen it post facto just seems superfluous.
According to the BBC it means she’s at significant risk of harm, though they won’t say more than it’s based on “specific vulnerabilities” and information pointed out by her partner.
It means she's nuts.
She's a nutter that wandered off. Probably had a brain injury or something.

Since you can't say someone is nuts, the media beats around the bush, but it's fairly obvious. 
It's also possible the media can't confirm because her doctor certainly can't say she is nuts.

Sounds like there could be an implication that she is suicidal.  Which is difficult to confirm by the media, but probably common knowledge among the government.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: February 15, 2023, 10:22:45 pm »

She’s alcoholic, apparently. Dealing poorly with the menopause.

The police do have the dignity of the family to consider though, which is presumably why it took them three weeks to mention it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: February 16, 2023, 10:57:50 pm »

She’s alcoholic, apparently. Dealing poorly with the menopause.

The police do have the dignity of the family to consider though, which is presumably why it took them three weeks to mention it.
What makes her "specifically vulnerable"? I thought you were all alcoholics....

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: February 17, 2023, 04:53:38 am »

Eh? No. Drinking alcohol is not the same as being an alcoholic.

The latter is distinguished by lack of control, damaged relationships with friends of family, and possibly alcohol withdrawal symptoms (confusion, etc).

Which in itself makes her vulnerable. Though I'd say there's probably a deeper emotional or mental reason for the alcoholism (hector seems to be suggesting hormone issues).
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: February 17, 2023, 01:46:21 pm »

That’s what was reported by the police, according to the Beeb.

To be honest they shouldn’t be telling people that. The fact it’s been in the news for over three weeks with nothing to report is ridiculous though (which is a problem with the media, not the police. “Pretty white woman goes missing” apparently needs coverage every hour on the hour regardless of developments) which is probably why they felt the need to say those things.

People have been abusing local dignitaries and also some sort of macabre tourism is taking place also, which isn’t helping the police do their job, presumably as a consequence of the excess coverage.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The crude and missed Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11738 on: February 18, 2023, 12:24:51 am »

Maybe if I change the tread title...
Though to be fair, they do the exact same thing in the US.

It's entirely possible that the leak about her being an alcoholic came from her family/friends whoring for attention. We get that all the time in the US.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: February 18, 2023, 02:27:26 am »

It came from the police. They said something about specific vulnerabilities, then a few hours later said she had issues with alcohol.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: February 18, 2023, 04:37:00 pm »

Recent BBC news article mentioned that Tiktok conspiracy theorists have been swarming the area, trespassing on local properties, etcetera.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: February 18, 2023, 04:45:17 pm »

‘cause it’s been in the news every day since it happened, with very little to report. Nature abhors a vacuum; in this instance, people have filled it with all manner of bollocks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: February 18, 2023, 04:58:16 pm »

‘cause it’s been in the news every day since it happened, with very little to report. Nature abhors a vacuum; in this instance, people have filled it with all manner of bollocks.
That's what they want you to think!
 ;D

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: February 18, 2023, 06:29:49 pm »

We really should do something about news companies spamming out articles when they don't actually have anything to say. Just warps people's perception of events.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: March 03, 2023, 08:44:29 am »

The EU has banned Tiktok from all staff phones

Once more EU's internet/digital policy shows itself to be the EU's most sensible area of policy.

Complete ban next pls?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 793