Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 991868 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11745 on: March 03, 2023, 07:00:23 pm »

Anyone seen TikToking will be shot on sight.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: March 04, 2023, 04:33:27 am »

Complete ban is stupid. Ban on government devices is fine. Better regulation on privacy protections across the board would be fine. Better moderation would be fine. The answer is not to hypocritically begin building a Great Firewall.

Here is something I learned about moderators (in Kenya)
https://www.techdirt.com/2023/03/03/kenyan-court-first-to-tell-meta-it-cant-walk-away-from-a-lawsuit-just-by-claiming-its-not-from-around-here/

Spoiler: From article (click to show/hide)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: March 04, 2023, 04:42:00 pm »

Complete ban is stupid. Ban on government devices is fine.
The ban, starting from March 20, will apply to corporate devices such as mobile phones and tablets which are enrolled in Parliament's mobile management application, a Parliament spokesperson said.
So the issue is what?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: March 04, 2023, 06:03:28 pm »

He was responding to me, I think
Love, scriver~

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: March 05, 2023, 01:50:23 am »

Yes I was.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11750 on: March 05, 2023, 09:57:48 pm »

Complete ban is stupid. Ban on government devices is fine. Better regulation on privacy protections across the board would be fine. Better moderation would be fine. The answer is not to hypocritically begin building a Great Firewall.

Here is something I learned about moderators (in Kenya)
https://www.techdirt.com/2023/03/03/kenyan-court-first-to-tell-meta-it-cant-walk-away-from-a-lawsuit-just-by-claiming-its-not-from-around-here/

Spoiler: From article (click to show/hide)

So is the joke that Kenya's Judges understand long-arm jurisdiction better than their EU counterparts?
I have to admit, that is kinda funny.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11751 on: March 14, 2023, 12:45:34 pm »

The EU Commission has presented it's new plans for the EU electricity sector. They want to give citizens the right to demand a long-term contract with set prices. Citizens can combine such a contract with a more dynamic contract, that follows the energy costs in real time. This can be good for people who want to use the lower electricity prices at night to charge their electric car.
They also want to give member states the authority to set a maximum price for electricity in case of an energy crisis.

Surprisingly social, they also added a clause that they will forbid energy companies from cutting off people from electricity even if they are in debt.

The Commission wants to go all-in on a transition to more durable forms of electricity generation. Gas powered plants will be phased out, sustainable energy sources (including not only solar, water and wind but also hydrogen and nuclear power) need to be at least tripled by 2030.

To make this possible, governments will be allowed to subsidize sustainable energy companies. The Commission wants there to be both a set minimum price for energy (financial stability for energy producers), as well as a maximum price (financial stability for energy consumers). Excessive profits will be taxed to be given back to the consumers.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: March 14, 2023, 11:21:14 pm »

-snip-

What is this reasonable nonsense? We can't have that in politics!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: March 15, 2023, 01:10:05 am »

The Commission wants to go all-in on a transition to more durable forms of electricity generation. Gas powered plants will be phased out, sustainable energy sources (including not only solar, water and wind but also hydrogen and nuclear power) need to be at least tripled by 2030.

Lets hope it is sustainable because some of that can get really expensive. While more solar and wind is great, as they have become so cost competitive in recent years that in some case they cost less than even operating existing fossil fuel power plants. However, one can't rely on intermittent energy alone, and new Nuclear power plants is the costliest method of production[1], and hydrogen is costlier than gas maybe even costlier than nuclear.

More importantly you will need to invest heavily in energy storage and upgrading your infrastructure. I haven't been following closely but it seem that EU has been investing heavily in that in recent years, however, it is unclear on what schedule and if it is enough. Planed HVDC interconnector and submarine power to Africa or Asia could allow to reduce cost in the long run. (btw the one of the proposed route to Asia goes through Georgia)

[1] i am going by USA data, could be different for EU due to economy of scale, though I doubt its by much, until now all the recent project I heard about went roughly like UKs highspeed train project :/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 02:01:54 am by jipehog »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: March 15, 2023, 10:02:19 am »

If you maintain a nuclear power plant and keep it running for a long time then it can become the cheapest power source because the fuel is so inexpensive (per kWh). The initial investment scares away today's profits-now obsessed investors and businesspeople.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: March 15, 2023, 10:10:11 am »

Most nuclear power plants do not have a long enough lifespan to make cheap fuel worth the investment. Not to mention that running a nuclear plant requires more than just the fuel. Skilled staff, high security, just to mention a few. Nuclear power is expensive power.

The main benefit of nuclear power right now is it's low CO2 footprint.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: March 15, 2023, 03:34:28 pm »

In today's elections for the Dutch provincial government (and indirectly, the Senate), newcomer populist farmer party 'BBB' seems to have become the largest party according to exit polls.
Their main theme is being against nitrogen emission regulations for farmers, and they support using tractors to protest.

Strange times

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11757 on: March 15, 2023, 03:46:38 pm »

Tractors must be allowed to vote!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: March 15, 2023, 03:56:10 pm »

Tractors are speech.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: March 15, 2023, 06:43:09 pm »

But only if everyone gets a tractor!

Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 793