Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 990755 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11805 on: March 22, 2023, 09:02:08 am »

92% of firms keep a four day work week after a six month trial.

It doesn’t work in some industries, it does apparently work in a heck of a lot of them though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 11:05:00 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: March 22, 2023, 02:25:02 pm »

In Germany, in a new series of police raids against the Reichsburger movement (an extreme right movement which seeks to restore the German Empire) , a policeman was lightly wounded when one of the Reichsburger opened fire on the police when they came with a search warrant.
The man was arrested and will be charged with attempted manslaughter.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11808 on: March 22, 2023, 06:52:43 pm »

92% of firms keep a four day work week after a six month trial.

It doesn’t work in some industries, it does apparently work in a heck of a lot of them though.
As a counterpoint a trial in Virginia of a 7-day workweek was an astonishing success.
Italy had a very successful run as well, leading to parts of Europe adopting the practice
lmao

In Germany, in a new series of police raids against the Reichsburger movement (an extreme right movement which seeks to restore the German Empire) , a policeman was lightly wounded when one of the Reichsburger opened fire on the police when they came with a search warrant.
The man was arrested and will be charged with attempted manslaughter.
...The German Empire?

Like I can get 3rd reich revisionists and HRE larpers but the German Empire is not one I expected. I can get if they just want the German Empire border revisionism or do they want a kaiser and everything?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: March 22, 2023, 06:55:45 pm »

I believe they actually even do want a kaiser.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: March 22, 2023, 07:07:06 pm »

Actually they are pretty much German Sovereign Citizens. Like the American version they come in all sorts and varieties.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: March 23, 2023, 08:47:47 am »

Yes they're sovereign citizens basically.

In the US it's the constitution that's twisted and contorted in their semantical garbage compactor (brain)... But in germany the constitution is kinda more progressive I doubt they enjoy smashing their grey matter against it so sovereign citizen in germany are more convoluted:

The gist of it is that when germany was under occupation after the second world war, the occupation forces did never formally establish a german state, instead they made of it an LLC, as evidence they cite some stupid scribbles on the identity card (like the logos and stamps). I doubt they're all in agreement what nationstate they should fall back on, some the third reich, maybe weimarer republik but that must be rare, but past that we have a giant plane of small states and independence claims to fantasize about.

One of the more known ones does totally call himself the king of germany... I don't know if he is affilliated with the current vague of arrests.

let

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #11812 on: March 23, 2023, 09:37:16 pm »

maybe weimarer republik but that must be rare.

Don't doubt how far back people will go to discount a current government :) The Acting Witan of Mercia hold that the current UK government is illegal following the Norman Conquest. Fortumately they're pretty much all the grey-haired hippy types.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:41:13 pm by MorleyDev »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: March 23, 2023, 11:51:21 pm »

maybe weimarer republik but that must be rare.

Don't doubt how far back people will go to discount a current government :) The Acting Witan of Mercia hold that the current UK government is illegal following the Norman Conquest. Fortumately they're pretty much all the grey-haired hippy types.

Somehow I'm not surprised that something like that exists and that it's comprised of a bunch of old hippies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11814 on: March 25, 2023, 05:28:47 am »

I believe they actually even do want a kaiser.
Huh. Maybe they played too much kaiserreich

Actually they are pretty much German Sovereign Citizens. Like the American version they come in all sorts and varieties.
That makes a lot of sense. We still get British sovereign citizens quoting 1300 year old laws and claiming "sovereignty" over British law courts as freemen of the land

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: March 25, 2023, 07:37:10 am »

I hold that a king has to be elected to have legitimacy, and as no Swedish king has been properly elected since the 16th century, and even today the king is the one who authorises the government, that means no all governmentation and laws since the 16th century is rejectable, and I'll lie in the middle of the road if I want to and theres nothing you can do about it!
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: March 25, 2023, 11:45:37 am »

What would happen if the Swedish king refused to authorize an elected government unilaterally?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: March 25, 2023, 12:28:39 pm »

We'd get to find out what a yote king looks like, probably.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11818 on: March 25, 2023, 02:04:43 pm »

What would happen if the Swedish king refused to authorize an elected government unilaterally?
Banished to Gotland to become a pirate

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: March 26, 2023, 04:45:58 am »

I have no actual idea, but hopefully it would mean cancel culture on a scale we haven't seen since 1917 ;)

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 793