Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793]

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 991562 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11880 on: February 02, 2024, 09:40:09 pm »

Stubb and Haavisto going to the second round.

EDIT: Three days of waves of strikes across multiple sectors and unions in Finland, in protest against the government's planned reforms of the economy and restrictions on the right to strike, begin today.
I wonder how much that cost E. Sux?

Good news Sweden! You're getting Americanized!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: February 02, 2024, 10:44:15 pm »

You're late to the party. Sweden was Americanized somewhere about 75 years ago
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:46:21 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: February 02, 2024, 11:16:02 pm »

Fucking retard farmers piss me off so much. Protesting, blockading, and why? Because they /  their children cannot play millionaire boy anymore.
And what does their political foreman say? Extinction rebellion, they should be declared terrorist. Their children should be taken from them by child protective services if they dare protest against climate change.

But hey... Farmers blockading highways with their tractors, and using their children as protestors, that's all fine!
Threatening with suicide, also fine!

Sickening. XR at least protests for the future of all their fellow human beings. Fucking shit farmers only protest because they fear their kids cannot be millionaires anymore.

IMO, seize all tractors of protesting farmers. Make them lose their income and jobs if they don't think again about what the fuck they are doing.
Please farmers, if you think not being a millionaire is so bad you don't want to live anymore? Plesae jump off a bridge or in front of a train. Goodbye and good riddance. Better take the bridge than the train though, think of the trauma you can cause to train operators, try to do at least one thing right in your life.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 11:22:45 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: February 02, 2024, 11:33:05 pm »

All protesters are crazy
Which is why we should love and cherish them
Be thankful they're willing to make a stand for what they believe in
And
Be thankful we're not that nuts.

Ultimately, you either cherish all protesters or kill all protesters. There is no middle ground.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: February 04, 2024, 11:07:40 am »

Protests should have rather strict rules enforced. Yes, the role of the protests is to create discomfort and disruption but they should be reasonable, proportional to the importance of the problem, and target people who have something to do with what you protest against.

Blocking roads and disrupting the lives of random compatriots is a non-violent equivalent of blowing up random civilians in armed resistance.

Also, we need a legal mechanism for counter-protesting. I mean people should have a right to counter-protest against farmers. Like blocking access to their fields during sowing or harvesting season. Or burning the harvest down
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11885 on: February 04, 2024, 09:46:22 pm »

Also, we need a legal mechanism for counter-protesting. I mean people should have a right to counter-protest against farmers. Like blocking access to their fields during sowing or harvesting season. Or burning the harvest down
The core issue there is that those are private property and you can be shot for doing that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: February 04, 2024, 09:51:08 pm »

Oftentimes, I don't think people understand how protesting works... ::)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: February 11, 2024, 02:11:14 pm »

Second round of Finnish Presidential election is counting the last few votes. Alexander Stubb is in the lead with about 100k more votes than Pekka Haavisto. With 98% votes counted (less than 100k left based on turnout), it looks like Stubb is the new President of Finland.

EDIT: More strikes this week against the Finnish government's reforms, starting today. Prime Minister Orpo is stubbornly remaining on his high horse.

EDIT2: More strikes starting week 11. Port workers will be striking for two weeks in protest against the government's reforms.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 03:34:08 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793]