Finally... > General Discussion

The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread

<< < (2378/2378)

Maximum Spin:

--- Quote from: Strongpoint on February 04, 2024, 11:07:40 am ---Also, we need a legal mechanism for counter-protesting. I mean people should have a right to counter-protest against farmers. Like blocking access to their fields during sowing or harvesting season. Or burning the harvest down

--- End quote ---
The core issue there is that those are private property and you can be shot for doing that.

EuchreJack:
Oftentimes, I don't think people understand how protesting works... ::)

Strongpoint:
Meanwhile Polish protestors blockaded the Polish-Ukrainian border once again. They are also outright attacking Ukrainian trucks with grain.

Indeed, I must be failing to understand how protesting work...

da_nang:
Second round of Finnish Presidential election is counting the last few votes. Alexander Stubb is in the lead with about 100k more votes than Pekka Haavisto. With 98% votes counted (less than 100k left based on turnout), it looks like Stubb is the new President of Finland.

EDIT: More strikes this week against the Finnish government's reforms, starting today. Prime Minister Orpo is stubbornly remaining on his high horse.

EDIT2: More strikes starting week 11. Port workers will be striking for two weeks in protest against the government's reforms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version