Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 987711 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 04:11:39 am »

Who needs stats to understand that arab migrants are way more likely to rape than native Germans?

a) Migrants are rarely the most moral part of population. The best part of any nation stay in their country and do anything to make it better
b) Magrants have much less chances to have normal sexual relationships or money for paid sex
c) Many of them came from war torn areas, this changes people for worse.
d) Islam teaches that women must obey men. If you fail to see that this promotes rapist mentality then I am surprised.
e) Also, Islam hints that if woman doesn't cover every inch of her body then she is a whore and must be treated like one.

It is not a racism. It is logic.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 04:23:16 am »

e) Also, Islam hints that if woman doesn't cover every inch of her body then she is a whore and must be treated like one.

Trouble is I'm old enough to have heard that sort of thing as a common sentiment among white westerners. Not that long ago too, I'm still alive for 1, so there's a fair few people in our own culture still alive who grew up with this being a cultural norm.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 04:40:09 am »

Trouble is I'm old enough to have heard that sort of thing as a common sentiment among white westerners. Not that long ago too, I'm still alive for 1, so there's a fair few people in our own culture still alive who grew up with this being a cultural norm.
I have no doubts it is true. But we are talking about statistics and big numbers here. If there are 1% of Muslim male migrants who think that way (BTW, it contradicts Islam in many-many ways....) and 1% of them are ready to go from thoughts to action than we are talking about 1 additional rapist per 10 000 male migrants.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 08:24:03 am »

Who needs stats to understand that arab migrants are way more likely to rape than native Germans?

a) Migrants are rarely the most moral part of population. The best part of any nation stay in their country and do anything to make it better
b) Magrants have much less chances to have normal sexual relationships or money for paid sex
c) Many of them came from war torn areas, this changes people for worse.
d) Islam teaches that women must obey men. If you fail to see that this promotes rapist mentality then I am surprised.

It is not a racism. It is logic.
a) You don't think it's a highly moral thing to do to try and get your children out of a warzone, to a safe place?
b) I highly doubt that. There's less singles amongst migrant cultures then there are singles amongst our western, feminist, career-driven society. Dating sites and singles bars are a typically western medicine.
c) Ghandi came from a war torn area too...
d) this is basically what the Moroccan writer tries to explain in the article I linked. I will not deny that the woman must obey man thing is true in the culture of a lot, if not all of the migrants coming here. It's also true for Dutch people living in the Bible belt, and for our reformist party. High court had to force them to allow women on their candidate list, and they not happy about it. Women obeying men is also pretty much the norm still in most of Russia. That's no reason to call all of them potential rapists though. It's a cultural difference that will need to be adressed in the integration process, rather sooner than later.
e) Luckily, most muslims do not interpret everything that's written in the Quran literally, and just as luckily, most christians don't interpret everything that's written in the Bible literally.

As far as I can tell, the way you put things is not logic, but overgeneralization, which is a stepping stone to racism.
Please try to post more constructively.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:26:10 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:58 am »

a) You don't think it's a highly moral thing to do to try and get your children out of a warzone, to a safe place?
Not every refugee has children. And no, it is not highly moral. It is fleeing. It is normal reaction to the war and nothing more

b) I highly doubt that. There's less singles amongst migrant cultures then there are singles amongst our western, feminist, career-driven society. Dating sites and singles bars are a typically western medicine.
It is hard to build relationships when you arrive in feminist career driven society and know nothing about how to build relationships in a very alien culture. (+many local woman have a prejudice toward you)

c) Ghandi came from a war torn area too...
Everyone should take a tour to a warzone and become Ghandi (Strawman for Strawman here)

I never said that survivng a war will make someone a worse person. I said that chances of that are high.

e) Luckily, most muslims do not interpret everything that's written in the Quran literally, and just as luckily, most christians don't interpret everything that's written in the Bible literally.
Who said about literally following Quran?
Quran doesn't suggest raping for improper dress code (it has some other creative ideas but it is offtopic)

Quran is not Islam in the same way as Bible is not Christianity

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2016, 02:21:30 pm »

The two guests on this (Polish?) news programme make a couple of interesting claims (it's the first I've heard of them, so I can't really speak for their validity) - firstly, that German police (or their superiors) deleted the CCTV footage from the Cologne attacks, and secondly that in December in Cologne, notices in German were put up on telephone poles warning people that if one doesn't convert to Islam, and behave a certain way, and if women didn't start to wear the hijab, their children would be murdered.
I think I'd've heard of both, seeing how I'm an avid reader of most national papers. CCTV surveillance just isn't that big a thing in Germany, and the events in question took place on the Domplatte, the plaza in front of the Cathedral, which is rather big and certainly not even nearly covered by the train station's cameras.
Also those were shitty cameras, I read, and their footage mostly useless. Whether it was released by the poice - no idea.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 03:08:29 pm »

Unfortunately I don't really have the time anymore to participate in these threads very actively and they seem to blow up quickly anyway these days.

Seems to me that with this refugee crisis we're rapidly approaching a point in Germany where both sides of the argument (which is not a clear left-right divide) are going to be completely unable to talk to each other. This is evident in the media, but way more in social media and "on the street". Differentiated and multifaceted viewpoints are out of fashion. A few years ago we seemed to approach a state of universal political consensus, now society is more divided than it has been in decades. Also doesn't feel like the government really knows what they're doing, they are merely reacting to things and not always in a very thought-out manner.

I don't think this climate is necessarily going to lead to things blowing up big time, but the country really is changing.

The fact still is though that no-one better than Merkel is around, really, at least since Steinbrück got fucked over by his own party back in 2013.
We've been saying that for years and it's still true. As much as politicians have abused the word, Merkel is still quite alternativlos. ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:24 pm »

Spoiler: low quality fencing (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately I don't really have the time anymore to participate in these threads very actively and they seem to blow up quickly anyway these days.
Seems to me that with this refugee crisis we're rapidly approaching a point in Germany where both sides of the argument (which is not a clear left-right divide) are going to be completely unable to talk to each other. This is evident in the media, but way more in social media and "on the street". Differentiated and multifaceted viewpoints are out of fashion. A few years ago we seemed to approach a state of universal political consensus, now society is more divided than it has been in decades. Also doesn't feel like the government really knows what they're doing, they are merely reacting to things and not always in a very thought-out manner.
Yeah but it's not my fault if lefties won't open their gated communities to my cultural enrichment
In all seriousness though it's not a new phenomenon, societies have always stratified in some form or another, geography shaping its people and culture e.t.c. it makes sense that it would also influence politics

I don't think this climate is necessarily going to lead to things blowing up big time, but the country really is changing.
In Sweden, for instance, which like Germany has had an open door, 71 percent of all asylum applicants in 2015 were men. Among the mostly-late-teenage category of “unaccompanied minors,” as Valerie Hudson points out in an important essay for Politico,” the ratios were even more skewed: “11.3 boys for every one girl.”
As Hudson notes, these trends have immediate implications for civil order — young men are, well, young men; societies with skewed sex ratios tend to be unstable; and many of these men carry assumptions about women’s roles that are diametrically opposed to the values of contemporary Europe.
But there’s also a longer term issue, beyond the need to persuade new arrivals that — to quote from a Norwegian curriculum for migrants — in Europe “to force someone into sex is not permitted.”
When immigration proceeds at a steady but modest clip, deep change comes slowly, and there’s time for assimilation to do its work. That’s why the Muslim population in Europe has been growing only at one percentage point a decade; it’s why many of the Turkish and North African immigrants who arrived in Germany and France decades ago are reasonably Europeanized today. In the German case the important number here isn’t the country’s total population, currently 82 million. It’s the twentysomething population, which was less than 10 million in 2013 (and of course already included many immigrants). In that cohort and every cohort afterward, the current influx could have a transformative effect.
How transformative depends on whether these men eventually find a way to bring brides and families to Europe as well. In terms of immediate civil peace, family formation or unification offers promise, since men with wives and children are less likely to grope revelers or graffiti synagogues or seek the solidarity of radicalism.
But it could also double or treble this migration’s demographic impact, pushing Germany toward a possible future in which half the under-40 population would consist of Middle Eastern and North African immigrants and their children.
But if you add a million (or millions) of people, most of them young men, in one short period, you get a very different kind of shift.
Sauce
Basically at current rates German and Sweden's assimilation is gonna go the wrong way around and Germans are going to be assimilated into Arab culture and population
To think my estimates were actually underestimating the impact, I am pleasantly surprised everyday
So right now Germany has three options:
  • Continue on current paths, get taharrush'd and replaced
  • Try to get immigrant families to Germany and get replaced
  • Balkan balkan balkan (or surprise attack from Poland, the cheki brekis), still get replaced

At last old French dreams are realized
And they are nightmares

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »

The fact still is though that no-one better than Merkel is around, really, at least since Steinbrück got fucked over by his own party back in 2013.
We've been saying that for years and it's still true. As much as politicians have abused the word, Merkel is still quite alternativlos. ;)

This.

The current trend is extremely worrying. The middle ground is rapidly losing terrain to polarisation. The complete lack of an effective response from the European governments is not helping at all.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2016, 07:34:27 pm »

This.

The current trend is extremely worrying. The middle ground is rapidly losing terrain to polarisation. The complete lack of an effective response from the European governments is not helping at all.

You've also just described congress and US politics.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »

In Potzdam, multiple people, including policemen, were injured when a group of about 100 Pegida supporters tried to assault a peaceful anti-racism demonstration. Fireworks, rocks, traffic signs and garbage cans were used as projectiles.
Police could restore order after using pepperspray.

In Leipzig, the police had to deploy watercannons to keep Legida (the Leipzig department of Pegida), and anti-Pegida supporters apart. Here too, fireworks and rocks were flying through the air. Press in the area estimate there were several thousand people colliding.
A Turkish restaurant, a bookstore, and an optician were damaged in the riots.

Also in Leipzig, in the Connewitz district, police managed to surround a group of 250 masked people, who had been trashing dozens of windows of stores and bars, setting fire to cars, and setting off explosives. All 250 have been arrested. According to the german media, those arrested are extreme-right hooligans and neo-nazis.

The Pegida department from Dresden had called upon it's members to go to Leipzig to assist Legida. Pegida spokeswoman Tatjana Festerling said:
"If only the majority of the people would use their common sense, they would grab their pitchforks and drive the elitist traitors out of parliament and courts, and beat up the world wide press redactions". She described islamic refugees as "sexterrorists".

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/gewonden-bij-duitse-protesten-voor-en-tegen-pegida~a4222937/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:22:36 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »

GLORY GLORY GLORY GLORY

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 06:17:10 am »

Saw video of the aftermath of the riots in Leipzig. Looks like it was largely an attempt to remove kebab (shops).
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2016, 06:45:18 am »

Like I said a week or two ago. Kristallnacht 2.0.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 06:53:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Danes must give rightful clay
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 793