Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 991577 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2016, 12:05:35 pm »

EDIT: See, I don't think this will help either.
Quote from: Otto von Bismarck
Die Liebe der Türken und Deutschen zueinander ist so alt, daß sie niemals zerbrechen wird.
It happened in response to a terrorist attack in Turkey which killed several Germans. Germany has lots of Turkish folks, and an established Turkish community. Lots of Germans go on holiday in Turkey. The relationship between Germany and Turkey is deep, complex, and your statement does not appear to take that into account at all.

People will not see the crescent moon as a symbol of solidarity with Turkey at all. They will see it as an an Islamic symbol and it will reinforce their fears about Islamic influences on Germany.

That has nothing to do with my position, I am just sure a lot of people will interpret it that way.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 01:06:36 pm »

Personally I think that letting unlimited refugees into Europe was a very bad idea. The social unrest and political shifts it has caused are very real. The portion of the refugees that will not be able to properly integrate WILL form a new lower class with all the associated problems. Racist (for lack of a better word) ideas will be on the rise on both sides, making everything a pain in the ass.
Just curious

What is your alternative to letting refugee in? Machineguns at EU borders? Playing deportation game again and again (BTW, deport where?)? Build death camps for the ultimate solution?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2016, 01:53:27 pm »

Invade Syria to stop the civil war?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2016, 01:57:53 pm »

Invade Syria to stop the civil war?
To make even bigger war?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2016, 01:59:20 pm »

It's hard to imagine it being much worse though.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2016, 02:10:04 pm »

Send enough financial aid, food, medicine and civilian duty military manpower to Turkey / Lebanon / Jordan to actually make sheltering refugees there, in an orderly, and humane way logistically feasible. Treat it like a global disaster like the Himalaya earthquake or the Haïti typhoon, and get the aid caravan circus going.Then hire Australian coastguard to patrol the Mediterrenean, and Canadian Rangers to patrol the Turkish border. Doesn't matter if it costs 50 billion. Still cheaper than what the chaotic and uncontrolled mass influx of refugees we face now costs, and will cost, or the cost of saving one or two 'too big to fail' banks.

And indeed, what Sheb says, paramount to that, stop the fighting in Syria. Preferable by UN peacekeeping force (let's just get rid of that veto right thing, it is sooo last century).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:13:13 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2016, 02:16:46 pm »

I'm not so sure about the "Still cheaper than what the chaotic and uncontrolled mass influx of refugees" part though. Refugees working in our economies and supporting themselves are cheaper than refugees needing all their support in refugees camp.

A lot of it depends on how long the Syrian war lasts though.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2016, 02:19:50 pm »

I'm not so sure about the "Still cheaper than what the chaotic and uncontrolled mass influx of refugees" part though. Refugees working in our economies and supporting themselves are cheaper than refugees needing all their support in refugees camp.

You are assuming that there are enough jobs. Sure, job economy seems to be rising again, but there still is a (relatively) high unemployment level.
You can't just create a million or more jobs out of thin air per year. Especially not once Volkswagen goes bankrupt over all the fines </sarcasm>
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:23:24 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2016, 02:31:16 pm »

isis jumping out of syria and focusing on starting same shit in nearby countries can probably make more syrias, huh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2016, 02:39:33 pm »

Well Germany spending 17 billion euros helping less than the UK spending 1 billion sterling would suggest otherwise m8y, supporting refugees with aid is cheaper than crippling your own country trying to house the world's unskilled immigrants, without even bothering to go into issues of integration, displacement, assimilation, infrastructure or crime

isis jumping out of syria and focusing on starting same shit in nearby countries can probably make more syrias, huh.
Sneaky plot by Assad to take clay from everyone to make everyone syrian

What is your alternative to letting refugee in? Machineguns at EU borders? Playing deportation game again and again (BTW, deport where?)? Build death camps for the ultimate solution?
Just reinstate the old border control except for Germany, then build a tunnel that connects the Cape to Cairo road straight to Frankfurt, deport back to their home country or Germany
ez
BUT LOL LETS MAKE DEATH CAMPS OH FUG MERKELFURHER REMOVE SHOGGOTH XDDDDDDDD

People will not see the crescent moon as a symbol of solidarity with Turkey at all. They will see it as an an Islamic symbol and it will reinforce their fears about Islamic influences on Germany.
That has nothing to do with my position, I am just sure a lot of people will interpret it that way.
Well it's both, same way St. George's cross is England's flag or St. Peter's cross is every edgy kid's flag

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2016, 03:17:56 pm »

Sorry couldn't help myself.
My mspaint skills suck.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:22:00 pm by martinuzz »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2016, 03:22:38 pm »

10/19

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2016, 03:53:06 pm »

Also it's 'Scheiße', not 'Scheiss'. The latter would be right in a context like 'Was für'n Scheiß', and even there the double-s spelling is Swiss, not German.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2016, 04:06:44 pm »

Also it's 'Scheiße', not 'Scheiss'. The latter would be right in a context like 'Was für'n Scheiß', and even there the double-s spelling is Swiss, not German.
okay okay I'll look up the extended ascii code for it. There we go. Alt-225 And yes I know, it's Scheiße, but isn't it Scheiß in a a lot of spoken dialect, more specifically, Ossi dialect? I could be wrong, Abitur is over 20 years ago now, my memory may fail me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:08:33 pm by martinuzz »

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2016, 04:16:21 pm »

One of the women who were sexually harassed in Cologne went on the news to talk about it. The video got shared saying she was lying racist whore and the like. It hit 250,000 views before she told the guy who'd put it up that she'd sue for character assassination if they didn't remove it.

Worst part is the only place I found out about it was from Breitbart.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 793