Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 988459 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #7770 on: March 12, 2018, 03:55:05 pm »

I wasn't actually being serious about invoking article 5, if anybody thought I was being serious.

How do you get the 'yes, I accept cookies' button to work in google translate? Because that button comes up in google translate but it's not pressable. :P I'll just translate the text I suppose.

What exactly would NATO do if they invoked article 5? That's kind of the problem, they want to do something, but it doesn't quite rise to act of war in the traditional sense.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 03:58:06 pm by smjjames »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: March 12, 2018, 05:13:27 pm »

Looked up novichok. It's an umbrella term for a group of nerve agents developed by the Soviet Union in between 1970 and 1980.
Some of the novichok agents are 8 times more toxic than VX. Dayum.
If they survive at all, there's probably not much other future for Skripal and his daughter than life as a table plant.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7772 on: March 12, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »

I wasn't actually being serious about invoking article 5, if anybody thought I was being serious.

How do you get the 'yes, I accept cookies' button to work in google translate? Because that button comes up in google translate but it's not pressable. :P I'll just translate the text I suppose.

What exactly would NATO do if they invoked article 5? That's kind of the problem, they want to do something, but it doesn't quite rise to act of war in the traditional sense.
Close the GIUK gap, English channel & Bosphorous strait to Russian ships, contest the Arctics (for reals this time) root out Russian agents and expel them, move military units to the Baltics and Ukraine...? I believe there's a fair bit NATO could do to Russia without starting WWIII

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: March 12, 2018, 05:35:25 pm »

The only ally that would likely join would be Belarus as that's basically a sattelite state, plus it's sandwiched between Russia and the rest of Europe.

China wouldn't give much of a damn about it and Iran is occupied with their own issues. The only way they'd join is if things escalated beyond the European theatre.

It'd also pose a real problem for Trump, given his friendlyness with Russia.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: March 12, 2018, 05:56:41 pm »

I hope that no one in charge of any NATO command, whether US or non-US, will share critical military information with Trump that could endanger NATO when the intel is shared with Russia  :P

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7775 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:34 pm »

Not much different from Obama selling UK nuclear serials to the Russians or US agents bragging about confidential shit on the news because it makes them look cool. No professionalism tbh, and I always harp on that the Murricans need to stop pretending that Trump isn't entirely ordinary for their country. He is the American abyss, the mere reflection of the nation's soul. It wears orange fake tan

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: March 12, 2018, 09:23:55 pm »

"But people that are religious and have family values can't be evil!"
It's a pretty widespread belief, truth be told. Also, by religious they obviously mean Christian/Abrahamic. Everyone else is a bunch of degenerates.

Signed, a degenerate.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: March 12, 2018, 09:29:05 pm »

I seriously doubt one single person could pull off EVERY SINGLE THING that Russia trolls did. Sure, they could have done legions of spambots, but the only position that a single position could be in to claim to pull it off would be in charge of the whole thing.

And I'm sure we'd all like our governments (of whatever nation you reside in) to be completely and perfectly transparent, even in national security, but it isn't going to happen.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: March 13, 2018, 05:19:08 am »

Why do people keep linking videos of this guy? Best thing to do is just don't give it any attention at all.
I can't imagine there's more than two or three people in the world still watching that guy.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: March 13, 2018, 06:24:46 am »

After a week of national public outrage and parliament threatening to make a new law to cancel it, ING decided to forfeit the planned salary increase for their senior staff member Ralph Hamers.

The bank wanted to give him stocks worth a million as a means of salary increase that ducks the law that limits salary increase for bank staff to 2.2%.
The stocks would have increased his salary by 50%.
But they underestimated the memory of the public. Not too long ago, ING was rescued with millions of taxpayer euros, and people still remembered.
It was headline news for a week, and parliament and government debated on it.

ING couldn't take the pressure, and saw that people were quitting their accounts to find another bank, and decided to cancel the salary increase.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: March 13, 2018, 09:38:39 am »

Russia is now saying that they won't (or perhaps can't) respond to the UK unless they get a sample of the nerve agent.

Which, surprisingly despite the previous rhetoric and however much you trust Russia, sounds pretty reasonable actually.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7782 on: March 13, 2018, 09:59:29 am »

In a rare EuroPol edition of The Alex Jones Truth, Alex speaks the truth of the satanic pedophile cult known as the BBC.
If you are unfamiliar with recent UK history regarding the Rotherham, Telford or Savile coverups, the BBC not only covered up pedophile rings on the streets or in Parliament, not publishing, investigating and even "losing" evidence implicating pedophiles in power or not - for decades, but multiple employees were accused of raping hundreds of children over the same time period, with their only response being to launch an internal review over their child protection policy. This was in spite of their actions being known by many in government, media - state and private, and even the MI5 intelligence agency. Many are yet to have their crimes known to the public. One wonders how many remain in power. The BBC's silence over the Telford case is just more of the same, where you can take hundreds of children, set them on fire, sell them into slavery and degrade them in ways that would be sick to pests - let alone children, and the BBC would rather publish stories about how we should consider giving pedophiles our support than report upon the child abuse cases.

I don't see many American news media who aren't owned by British media oligarchs that report this. But perhaps you can see why I'd prefer the undignified ramblings of a water filter merchant to an America that is entirely silent to the corruption which still exists in our society. The same can perhaps be said of the USA, with your pedophile congressmen and Hollywood directors. Just look at the comment section of that video - how many commenters are saying this must be bullshit because they haven't heard anything about it. But how can they hear anything about it if they get their news from the people accused? I see a single comment mentioning Jimmy Saville, which has but 2 likes upon it. One of the replies even dismisses Jimmy Saville as but one man, ignoring how many decades he operated with his actions known (or even conducted) on BBC premises with directors.
To this end the incoherent ramblings of Jones is not helpful. But I hardly expect Fox News or CNN to report this to the Americans, thus I should hope his flame bait should at least bring attention, attention which diverts focus towards the actual crimes being committed right beneath their noses.

Russia is now saying that they won't (or perhaps can't) respond to the UK unless they get a sample of the nerve agent.

Which, surprisingly despite the previous rhetoric and however much you trust Russia, sounds pretty reasonable actually.
Sounds like a delaying tactic, to give the Russians more time to plan their next best move. Such a request isn't necessarily unreasonable, but the poison has been identified as a nerve agent developed by the USSR and only produced by Russia. Given Russia's past history of assassinating defectors, its threats given to defectors after Skripal and his daughter were assassinated, it's most likely Russia. The only thing which might exonerate Russia would be if they determined the nerve agent used was not one of theirs

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: March 13, 2018, 01:48:36 pm »

Nikolaj Gloesjkov, a friend and trustee of former Russian olicharch Berezovski (who died under suspicious circumstances in 2013), and a well known critic of Putin, has been found dead in London.
While the cause of death is still unknown, police suspect his death is linked to the poisoning of Skripal and his daughter.
The police has transferred the investigation to Scotland Yard.
Gloesjkov has always claimed that Putin was behind the death of Berezovski, Litvenenko, and others.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:47 pm »

I think that's all that's needed for Russia's response, really.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 793