Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 991515 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8370 on: July 22, 2018, 01:41:03 pm »

Not really? The last time I looked into it (around Scot. Referendum time) population percentage and percentage of seats were roughly equal, and there's always the option of redefining constituencies if that changes. Not to mention regional governments.

Feel free to look up current figures, though. I'm on my phone at work so can't.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: July 22, 2018, 01:46:56 pm »

Aye, proportionally everything’s relatively alright.

However, there are 533 seats in England, meaning it is feasible for a party to focus only on England and receive the 326 seats needed to become the British government.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: July 22, 2018, 01:48:35 pm »

Are you scottish hector13?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: July 22, 2018, 01:49:33 pm »

Biased independence supporter, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: July 22, 2018, 01:56:31 pm »

For some reason I thought you were argentinian, but the aye sounded either Irish or Scottish
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: July 22, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »

I do get confused for Mexican online a lot, so I guess that makes sense..?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: July 22, 2018, 02:02:20 pm »

I thought you were Trojan.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: July 22, 2018, 02:05:32 pm »

I do have a weakness for Greek women.

Not a fan of chariots.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: July 22, 2018, 03:41:58 pm »

Huh. I'm British, born in Scotland (raised in Cornwall which IS a separate country), but my gran is Belizian so I've got a bit of that hispanic look.  I look forward to the day that I get what I voted for, but that's not happening.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8379 on: July 22, 2018, 05:38:25 pm »

Aye, proportionally everything’s relatively alright.

However, there are 533 seats in England, meaning it is feasible for a party to focus only on England and receive the 326 seats needed to become the British government.
Average constituency population by country is 68,736

The English average is 70,231 [As an aside, I wonder what happens to this one if you drop out London]
The Scottish average is 65,444
The Northern Irish average is 64,078
The Welsh average is 55,920

By numbers England is underrepresented in parliament by population, but I also get your argument that a united England could pose a threat to the meaningful participation of the UK sans England in British politics. You've got to balance democratic representation of individuals with democratic representation of nations, as painful as it is in the seuthlands.

I'm not too worried though, since the English never unite, the parties consider English seats as the least cost effective ones to campaign for, and should such an unprecedented situation occur as a lonely English British parliament, conventions and constitutions could be amended without much fuss thanks to the flexibility of the British state - whether MPs decided to do so... Another matter. I pray it will never become a tangible possibility. Even today, Theresa May's government hangs on the thread of the DUP for example. Something which has accosted May to no end. Hilariously, pro-EU and pro-UK Tories both agree that May's paper is shit for the exact same reasons: She sought the obligations of EU membership with none of its benefits

I see what you did there.

I also don’t see the difference between the EU political class and the British political class.
The difference is the British political class get into British politics to retire in EU politics

Chances are even full Brexit won't even stop them from getting into EU politics

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: July 25, 2018, 07:37:43 am »

It depends on the punishment. If it's hanging like in the 1800s, then probably best reserved for Jihadis.

I suspect he didn't consider punishment, though, and was instead suggesting that such people are traitors of a calibre best acknowledged by a law code?

Undemocratically trying to alter the will of the people... that does seem to fit the bill of a traitor, if not quite deserving of the traditional punishment.

Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: July 25, 2018, 07:46:04 am »

It's certainly true that such 'remoan' attitudes don't exactly help the national effort.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: July 25, 2018, 07:50:26 am »

I guess that’s what happens when you think that a very slight majority is good reason for doing something unprecedented on a very short time limit.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: July 25, 2018, 08:00:56 am »

Precisely what happens, yes. Some people seem to think that because their side had a lot of votes it somehow makes defunct the winning side. Alas, not so. In a democracy the understanding is that the majority rules and sets the national policy.

Defying that by crying for a repeat or even actively trying to derail Brexit is traitorous.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: July 25, 2018, 08:07:52 am »

No, mate. When a referendum is held and you don't like the result, and as such attempt to undermine it in one of a variety of dastardly ways, that is traitorous.

I would thank you not to deliberately misinterpret me.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 793