Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 990861 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8715 on: September 16, 2018, 12:29:36 pm »

Spoiler: Very poor taste joke (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: September 16, 2018, 12:37:56 pm »

In other, extremely important, news... Norwegian handball player Frank Løke has "stunned" and "horrified" audiences with his "ghastly" behavior during the latest episode of a popular TV series involving people dancing with each other. His dancing partner said of the incident: "What happened [at the dance] crossed a line".

What, you want details of his crime? You sick bastards. It pains and sickens me to even mention such despicable acts, but if I must...

...he showed up to the event and danced wearing only a mankini.
Spoiler: The Horror (click to show/hide)

I'm thinking Norway should reinstate the death penalty, personally.
What confuses me is that his partner said that it was a terrible thing. Did he spring this on her? That would be the only objectional thing there, imo.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: September 16, 2018, 12:39:01 pm »

In other, extremely important, news... Norwegian handball player Frank Løke has "stunned" and "horrified" audiences with his "ghastly" behavior during the latest episode of a popular TV series involving people dancing with each other. His dancing partner said of the incident: "What happened [at the dance] crossed a line".

What, you want details of his crime? You sick bastards. It pains and sickens me to even mention such despicable acts, but if I must...

...he showed up to the event and danced wearing only a mankini.
Spoiler: The Horror (click to show/hide)

I'm thinking Norway should reinstate the death penalty, personally.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: September 16, 2018, 12:51:45 pm »

What confuses me is that his partner said that it was a terrible thing. Did he spring this on her? That would be the only objectional thing there, imo.
Supposedly, that's exactly what he did. I'm not entirely sure how that happened, seeing as there tends to be a great deal of coordination involved with the routines, but eh.

I mean, he's done similar things before... He's previously gone through a Top Gun-themed dance number (with the same partner) before the grand finale, where he ripped his pants off to display the glittering stripper undies beneath. I'm not entirely sure what people expected, he has a reputation for being an unpredictable clown, and he's lived up to it on multiple occasions.

But yeah, people are talking about how she (his partner) worked really hard for this, and then he goes and prances about in that red little number there. And yeah, sure, if she's really put herself into this thing and legitimately expected him to not provocatively swaddle his willy, I can understand people being a bit miffed with him for screwing her over in that way.

There have been plenty of over-the-top angry comments about his lacking moral character and how he's effectively ruined the entire show for everyone forever, though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8719 on: September 16, 2018, 01:23:39 pm »

Probably just manufactured outrage to boost the popularity of the show. People love tuning in to watch something after it's scandalous

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: September 16, 2018, 01:25:59 pm »

If I had his body I’d wear a mankini erry day.

I mean, Anne Wideecombe was lowered to the stage via crane in the British version. I don’t think anything can beat that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: September 16, 2018, 01:30:21 pm »

Also of note, that thing people keep mentioning where NYC has less murders than London?

It literally didn't happen for more than a single month - February. So, yup, people should stop repeating it as a meme since it was merely a statistical blip and not indicative of any trend. In May and June for example, NYC had three times the murders of London. One of the suggestions for why NYC dipped so low at the time is that there were excessive snowstorms in NYC in January / February meaning people stayed indoors.
Apparently, revenge is not a dish best served cold.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: September 16, 2018, 01:38:41 pm »

It doesn’t say the person serving it has to be cold too, man.

Where I am, last Winter one day the high temperature was expected to be -18 Celsius. The local schools didn’t even close.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8723 on: September 16, 2018, 01:39:39 pm »

Apparently, revenge is not a dish best served cold.
It's best served with finest English cuisine of meat vinegar soup with salt

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: September 16, 2018, 02:14:32 pm »

It doesn’t say the person serving it has to be cold too, man.

Where I am, last Winter one day the high temperature was expected to be -18 Celsius. The local schools didn’t even close.
Most of the grunts in my platoon were in agreement that -16 to -18 is pretty much the ideal temperature... Not too cold, not wishy-washy-slushy-sloshy warm. Just the right temperature for when you're out in the field.

It's funny the things you get used to...

Right? The dude's 38 years old. If you got it, flaunt it baby...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: September 16, 2018, 02:21:05 pm »

If I had his body I´d get rid of it before the authorities noticed he was missing.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8726 on: September 16, 2018, 02:57:16 pm »

Honestly it's his body, his choice, why Nords gotta slutshame the slut

Adam Mantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: September 16, 2018, 03:04:14 pm »

And lo, the EU sends us back into the Dark Ages.

Thank you, EU, for cementing EU-skepticism in my mind, you vile cretins.

It still needs to be ratified in December. People need to get active before then. If you live in Europe contact your MEP, if you don't live in Europe sign a petition or donate to an anti-web-censorship group like the Electronic Frontier Foundation

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: September 17, 2018, 06:51:54 am »

Since I highly doubt anybody would give enough of a shit to reverse it, how would the EU internet actually look like after this, and how would people deal with it without having their internet experience completely distorted? This just seems like something that is such a huge deal you got to wonder how people would let it happen. Even the politician these days use the Internet so I don't understand how they can express this SOPA-level of not-give-a-shit.

Would EU meme culture just... straight up cease to exist?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:56:40 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: September 17, 2018, 07:10:54 am »

Anyone have a link to the actual text of the thing rather than an article that contains literally no details on what the thing does?
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A52016PC0593

Ref. 21 would be probably good to read through as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:18:18 am by Il Palazzo »
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 793