Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 988140 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #915 on: March 03, 2016, 04:25:53 pm »

I fear this is a mistake, but…
PTW
Taste my Paci-Fist

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 03, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »

PTW

Do not fear. Only participate in discussion about friendly and polite EU-related news.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 03, 2016, 06:00:21 pm »

By the way, third month after the election and still no goverment in Spain. All the MPs lock themselves in the parliament, and insult each other tirelessly. Meanwhile, the stock market is going up, corrupt politicians and noblemen are going to prison.... things are going better than ever.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 03, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »

Spain still has nobles? *fake shock face*

I don't suppose the king can do something about it? Though I guess he'd have the same reaction from Spaniards as Queen Elizabeth would from the British people if she tried to overtly exercise whatever major governmental powers she has.

Though maybe if there was a real crisis going on in British parliament....

PTW

Do not fear. Only participate in discussion about friendly and polite EU-related news.

France breakup? What are you talking about?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:14:56 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 03, 2016, 06:14:02 pm »

Well, we have the royal family. Some members of which are going on trial right now. Not damn near enough of them. They're nearly untouchable. Some of them absolutely so, as per the constitution the King cannot be held legally liable. Like, at all. We'll see whether these two actually go to prison or not.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 03, 2016, 06:17:45 pm »

Well, we have the royal family. Some members of which are going on trial right now. Not damn near enough of them. They're nearly untouchable. Some of them absolutely so, as per the constitution the King cannot be held legally liable. Like, at all. We'll see whether these two actually go to prison or not.

So, if your king were to murder someone on live national TV, with millions of Spaniards witnessing it, he couldn't even be charged? pfft..... Good thing we ditched the Monarchy.

Though I don't think the British nobility and royalty are above the law like that, anymore.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:20:45 pm by smjjames »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 03, 2016, 06:25:19 pm »

Magna Carta.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 03, 2016, 06:35:50 pm »

So, if your king were to murder someone on live national TV, with millions of Spaniards witnessing it, he couldn't even be charged?
Pretty much. Article 56 of the Spanish constitution, section 3

La persona del Rey es inviolable y no está sujeta a responsabilidad.

So yeah, he could. In fact, one of the fathers of the constitution and staunch monarchist was questioned a few years ago about what would happen (hypothetically speaking) if the king got caught up in a corruption scandal, and he admitted that at most the ministry of finance would be forced to resign.

Magna Carta.
And Oliver Cromwell. The British monarchy lost a lot of power over the centuries. Meanwhile, the current Spanish royal family is in place basically because Generalissimo Franco set things up so that they were. It's not clear to what extent their influence in business reaches because they are pretty opaque about their actual expenses and assets.

I'd say what I think about royal families in general. But I'd rather not meddle in other countries' inner politics. So I'll just state that I'm not our own's biggest fan.

HAHAHAHA disregard that, I suck socks. Far from my intention to question our benevolent royal family. It'd be a crime to do so, in fact  ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:50:53 pm by ChairmanPoo »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 03, 2016, 06:40:22 pm »

Ceasing trade for moral reasons is a righteous impulse, but ultimatively counterproductive. Brandt-style Entspannungspolitik works much better - though of course that approach has problems too, and I'm not a Brandt fan at all.

The right approach would be: We cannot cease calling out immoral actions and policies because they endanger our profits. However it is perfectly acceptable to trade even with those we call out: We are opposed to their actions, after all, and not to them as people.

Saudi Arabia were the ones who threatened to cut trade over criticism, Sweden were not the ones who threatened embargo if SA didn't change. Which forced Sweden to "seize calling out the immoral behaviour" and take back the criticism.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 03, 2016, 06:48:11 pm »

So, if your king were to murder someone on live national TV, with millions of Spaniards witnessing it, he couldn't even be charged?
Pretty much. Article 56 of the Spanish constitution, section 3

La persona del Rey es inviolable y no está sujeta a responsabilidad.

So yeah, he could. In fact, one of the fathers of the constitution and staunch monarchist was questioned a few years ago about what would happen (hypothetically speaking) if the king got caught up in a corruption scandal, and he admitted that at most the ministry of finance would be forced to resign.

Magna Carta.
And Oliver Cromwell. The British monarchy lost a lot of power over the centuries. Meanwhile, the current Spanish royal family is in place basically because a leftover fascist dictator set things up so that they were. They keep fingers in many big businesses. It's not clear to what extent because they are *really* opaque about their actual expenses and assets.

I'd say what I think about royal families in general. But I'd rather not meddle in other countries' inner politics. So I'll just state that I'm not our own's biggest fan.

HAHAHAHA disregard that, I suck socks. Far from my intention to question our benevolent royal family. It'd be a crime to do so, in fact  ::)

Ah yes, HEIL CARLOS! ::)

Seriously though, you guys need to pull a French Revolution on your monarchy. Also, I'm American, so, can't touch me......

Edit: Eeh, I think I'm getting a bit trolly here, yell at me if you want me to stop.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:50:36 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 03, 2016, 06:54:48 pm »

Of course not that's preposterous! I for one welcome the benevolent rule of our Borbonic overlords  ::)  ::)  ::)

Everyone knows the best  way to choose a head of State is to make it a hereditary position and put the holder beyond any legal responsability. It's really great! I bet everything would go much smoother everywhere if every country had a king that cannot be held responsible for his own acts.  Truly our constitution is the best in the world.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:56:28 pm by ChairmanPoo »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:18 pm »

Seriously though, you guys need to pull a French Revolution on your monarchy.

Kill them and replace them with a megalomaniac dictator Emperor?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 03, 2016, 07:38:42 pm »

Of course not that's preposterous! I for one welcome the benevolent rule of our Borbonic overlords  ::)  ::)  ::)
Bah, they're no Carlos I (Karl V), grand Habsburg. Orléans-Bragança best house. Iberian Union never forget.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 03, 2016, 09:55:24 pm »

Isn't France the place with a few states that want to become their own countries? Or is that Spain?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 03, 2016, 09:57:21 pm »

Isn't France the place with a few states that want to become their own countries? Or is that Spain?

You're probably thinking of Spain with Catalonia.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 793