Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 992436 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9150 on: December 02, 2018, 01:22:40 pm »

Long story short, they are united over one revendication, which is the lowering of gas prices. That's why their uniform is a yellow vest mendated for european safety comission to all drivers. This is the perfect non-issue to act as an excuse to bring violence in the streets, as it is outside of the government control to fix, and is apolitical enough to gather wide chuncks of otherwise antagonistic movements. Can't be fixed, brings a lot of people ; perfect outlet for violence.

The far left and the far right has been winking at each other in the most disgusting manner for a couple months. That and the usual E&R infiltration into left wing movements to push them to attack banks which is an old tradition in french political culture, and yes indeed I have some left wing friends who support that...thing.

I'm telling you like I'm telling them, they are my friends and brothers but at some point they need to open their eyes and look at what the hell they are doing
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:27:42 pm by Cathar »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: December 02, 2018, 02:42:51 pm »

Long story short, they are united over one revendication, which is the lowering of gas prices. That's why their uniform is a yellow vest mendated for european safety comission to all drivers. This is the perfect non-issue to act as an excuse to bring violence in the streets, as it is outside of the government control to fix, and is apolitical enough to gather wide chuncks of otherwise antagonistic movements. Can't be fixed, brings a lot of people ; perfect outlet for violence.

The far left and the far right has been winking at each other in the most disgusting manner for a couple months. That and the usual E&R infiltration into left wing movements to push them to attack banks which is an old tradition in french political culture, and yes indeed I have some left wing friends who support that...thing.

I'm telling you like I'm telling them, they are my friends and brothers but at some point they need to open their eyes and look at what the hell they are doing
It's not outside the government power to fix. It's the tax that they are pissed about not that gas prices change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: December 02, 2018, 02:49:53 pm »

Do you tell them that before or after you tell them

Hope the cops will make them realize the value of their healthcare.
Love, scriver~

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9153 on: December 02, 2018, 02:55:42 pm »

This is more or less the same thing. This government has undertaken a transition toward renewable energy, which is a part of our collective effort to the survival of organized human life on planet earth, but also a move to reduce our dependancy on foreign oil, which has a bad habit on throwing us into stupid wars, and what is happening in Iran makes it obvious for anyone to see. Total is not going to go against Trump sanctions in order to get cheap oil from them, so we just lost one of our main import source and we have to rationize what we have.

Frankly life gets tough sometimes but it's always more livable when people don't take the habit of being a crying little girl when it comes to issues we face as a country.

Shit, last time under Hollande, we had the guys of Calais crying out hot tears because they didn't wanted to home some 500 migrants that were stuck there because of the British policies, and we had the same debates. What do you want to do? Wage war against the UK? Take US sanctions in the face because you're dealing with Iran despite US political embargo ?

We can't do shit on those issues. We are stuck with that energy crisis until US leadership gets out of the asyleum, or we can produce enough renewable energy not to depend from foreign import, or Europe is strong enough to ignore US international policies.

I really, really really wish Macron toughen up and sends armored men giving those yellow cretins a good facial contact with reality (under the rule of law and proportionate response) until the energy transition is carried through and the problem solve itself.

Do you tell them that before or after you tell them

During the same discussion. If you swim with sharks I have no problem spear fishing you. Don't swim with sharks.

Edit : Also I edited out the part you quoted as I thought it was unecessary inflamatory. But yeah. If you try to trash the capitale city of my country and get caught by the CRS, you deserve whats coming to you.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 03:52:59 pm by Cathar »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: December 02, 2018, 04:09:51 pm »

Meanwhile in Spain, VOX, a far right party, has had 10% of the vote in the Andalusian regional elections.
That's not actually the worst part though. The worst part is that both Ciudadanos and the Popular Party have been winking at the extreme right with no ill effect in their voting base. So for practical intents and purposes half of the Andalusian population is willing to vote to ultra right wing parties.

One more reason to want a border in the river Ebro, but it's not as if we lacked reasons beforehand tbh
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: December 02, 2018, 04:46:55 pm »

It really does seem like there's been a widespread trend of far-right polarization these past few years... Might just be media bias, but there do seem to be a lot of populist parties gaining power around the world.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9156 on: December 02, 2018, 05:13:02 pm »

Don't know about other countries, but that's how it works here : minority extremist parties got crushed during the elections and cannot compete loyally against the majority party, so they rile up their base into a frenzy and try to spill over. What really doesn't help is the fact that the distinction between the two extremes are actively being blurred (and this time not by the medias, but the activist themselves).

The good new is, france is in no danger of flipping into rw populism. Bad news is street workers will have a lot of clean up to do

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9157 on: December 02, 2018, 05:22:26 pm »

Don't know about other countries, but that's how it works here : minority extremist parties got crushed during the elections and cannot compete loyally against the majority party, so they rile up their base into a frenzy and try to spill over. What really doesn't help is the fact that the distinction between the two extremes are actively being blurred (and this time not by the medias, but the activist themselves).

The good new is, france is in no danger of flipping into rw populism. Bad news is street workers will have a lot of clean up to do
If the yellow jacket rebellion are fascists, why do 2/3rds of the French support it? I think anyone can plainly see what the consequence of cutting public spending and taxes on the wealthy whilst increasing taxes on the poor will be. And then John was the neolibs

I really, really really wish Macron toughen up and sends armored men giving those yellow cretins a good facial contact with reality (under the rule of law and proportionate response) until the energy transition is carried through and the problem solve itself.
There is something highly amusing about sending security forces to crush regular dudes in the name of democracy. Do you really have to kill them fascists demanding fascist things like healthcare and progressive taxing fam

At the very least one must consider the argument that all stick and no carrots makes an angry French people
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 05:26:54 pm by Loud Whispers »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: December 02, 2018, 05:26:44 pm »

Besides, if they were really all fascists the police would be protecting them, not fighting them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: December 02, 2018, 05:30:36 pm »

Besides, if they were really all fascists the police would be protecting them, not fighting them.
It's France, man. They're doing everything backwards to spite the English.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9160 on: December 02, 2018, 05:31:28 pm »

At the very least one must consider the argument that all stick and no carrots makes an angry French people

You're kidding right? You realize that 80% of the population, starting from the poorest and working the way up, are planned to be exempt of local taxes? I'm already in that bracket ; this government is the first that allows me to save money and to access property. This is a working man dream and I kind of don't want a band of flashy cosplayers ruin my shit

I don't know if you ever experienced a CRS charge, I don't think you do. If the CRS went on them like they went on us, back in the days, the price of oil would be the absolute least of their concern. According to the videos, they got away very easy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 05:41:18 pm by Cathar »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9161 on: December 02, 2018, 05:32:49 pm »

It's France, man. They're doing everything backwards to spite the English.
So the police would go on strike?

You're kidding right?
Let them eat cake then

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9162 on: December 02, 2018, 05:48:26 pm »

Let them eat cake then
When they start to riot in the streets to get weat stored for speculation outside of private granaries they will have a point. Until then I'm all for the application of justice to every one of those sunday rebels we caught.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9163 on: December 02, 2018, 06:06:30 pm »

When they start to riot in the streets to get weat stored for speculation outside of private granaries they will have a point. Until then I'm all for the application of justice to every one of those sunday rebels we caught.
Fair enough, I just wanted to make French references

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9164 on: December 02, 2018, 06:08:47 pm »

oh

can I have a hug then
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 793