Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 988197 times)

Kiron123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9885 on: April 03, 2019, 08:02:26 pm »

Mostly I'm concerned about my orange supplies, and to a lesser extent my salad supplies

I've heard limes work just as well.

This sort of thing has unironically occurred in British politics before. After RBS fucked up and was on the brink of insolvency, Britgov sent a finance minister to go offer RBS a deal - Britgov purchases shares in RBS to give RBS the required capital to avoid insolvency, while Britgov gains enough ownership of RBS to fire/cut the pay packages of whoever they want. RBS prepared to negotiate the fuck out of the minister until they secured necessary concessions (or even a whole bailout free of a share purchasing deal) when the finance minister gave them the Britgov's deal and announced they were leaving the meeting to go get a curry, giving the RBS officers a few hours to decide or go home to a national crisis. They took the absolute madlad's deal without a single one of their concessions

Huh, I think I like a government person.

That is funny!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: April 04, 2019, 05:20:37 am »

So if Brussels doesn't agree to more postponing, it looks like article 50 needs to be revoked and the Brexit cancelled since a No-Deal Brexit is now forbidden by law.
I for one do not mind.
Note that I am no fan of the EU in it's current form, but I am all for cooperation and solidarity in Europe.

In my opinion the Brexit has always been an unnescessary ultra-nationalist schism that's no good for all concerned parties.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: April 04, 2019, 05:46:23 am »

So if Brussels doesn't agree to more postponing, it looks like article 50 needs to be revoked and the Brexit cancelled since a No-Deal Brexit is now forbidden by law.
I for one do not mind.
Note that I am no fan of the EU in it's current form, but I am all for cooperation and solidarity in Europe.

In my opinion the Brexit has always been an unnescessary ultra-nationalist schism that's no good for all concerned parties.

It's 12:45 PM and I'm already tired. I just read that first line as "So if Brussels doesn't agree to more shitposting..."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: April 04, 2019, 06:28:07 am »

And in my opinion, it's the best thing for all concerned parties.

It's a funny world, ain't it? :P

Edit: Oh, also, No Deal isn't illegal. It's just been voted against, which is not the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:32:07 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: April 04, 2019, 06:54:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:45:57 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: April 04, 2019, 07:03:44 am »

And in my opinion, it's the best thing for all concerned parties.

It's a funny world, ain't it? :P

Edit: Oh, also, No Deal isn't illegal. It's just been voted against, which is not the same thing.

Voted against by the elected representatives of the people. Not legally binding, but neither was the referendum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: April 04, 2019, 07:24:01 am »

And hence "revoke Article 50" is on the table. Not that it would be wise to incur the wrath of literally millions upon millions of people though.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: April 04, 2019, 07:27:46 am »

You're going to do that regardless, though. Nearly the same amount wanted nothing to do with it at the time of the referendum, and that number has only grown. There is no "don't piss off literally millions of people" option.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9893 on: April 04, 2019, 07:32:11 am »

I for one do not mind.

Lol m8 slow down on the guardian there, that isn't happening. What's happening is a bit more intriguing

A labour oldguard (when I say "oldguard" I mean a remnant of Brown, not a dino crew like Corby) called Yvette Cooper proposed the bill in Parliament. This is already where it starts getting weird, because this is one of those exceedingly rare moments in British history where a party with a minority in Parliament and without any government posts has proposed and passed legislation in the House of Commons. It's the effect of Theresa May's deletion of government authority coming full circle: the Parliament is truly sovereign, having assumed greater authority over the Prime Minister's duties than the Prime Minister herself.

It's a spicy constitutional meme which has already established a new convention and will likely cause headaches for Prime Ministers of the future for generations and centuries to come! ;D
The proposed legislation in question seeks to abrogate Theresa May's indefinite extensions to negotiations; so if she wants more extensions, it'll have to be approved by parliament, with parliament reserving the right to reject or modify the extension timeframe. This also declaws Theresa May's primary method of threatening to samson option the UK, by taking away her ability to hold the negotiations for ransom.

The opposition MPs wanted this deal to pass for rather obvious reasons; Theresa May's avin' a right giggle and the opposition wants to keep the UK in the EU. The pro-Remain Tories would rather support their scarecrow than throw it to the pyre, while the pro-Leave MPs are caught in a pinch because they had the choice of supporting the pro-Remain government or the pro-Remain opposition lolololololololol deja vu

The legislation ended up passing by a margin of one dude. Anyone who says voting doesn't matter should sit the fuck down

Whether this passes the House of Lords (it'd take some further intrigue for this not to occur, the HOL have been preparing to pass this legislation provided it passed the HOC), Theresa May will have her hands tied unless she actually tries to give parliament a deal they like, or parliament takes on the mantle of eternal Brexit extender, or Brexit happens, or it doesn't.

m910 you talk of schisms to the country that told the pope 2 schisms wasn't enough. In short, we are not of the view that cooperation and integration are the same thing

You're going to do that regardless, though. Nearly the same amount wanted nothing to do with it at the time of the referendum, and that number has only grown. There is no "don't piss off literally millions of people" option.
Theresa May resigning would be welcomed by everyone

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: April 04, 2019, 07:49:50 am »

Wait, I think I'm starting to understand it...

In order for the Rite of Separation to be completed, there needs to be a ritual sacrifice of a virgin. Due to the current economic climate, naturally-grown virgins are in scarce supply; so alternative solutions need to be explored.

I believe May is trying to piss everyone off to the point where she becomes so unfuckable that she revirgins, at which point the offering can take place.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: April 04, 2019, 08:28:39 am »

That would be awkward for Philip May.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9896 on: April 04, 2019, 08:54:27 am »

Wait, I think I'm starting to understand it...
In order for the Rite of Separation to be completed, there needs to be a ritual sacrifice of a virgin. Due to the current economic climate, naturally-grown virgins are in scarce supply; so alternative solutions need to be explored.
I believe May is trying to piss everyone off to the point where she becomes so unfuckable that she revirgins, at which point the offering can take place.
Until we leave the EU we're not allowed to commune with the Elder beings directly, so it's a bit of a catch 20-20 on the virgin offerings. smh tbqh the EU's devastated poor fishing towns like Innsmouth

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: April 04, 2019, 08:59:22 am »

Innsmouth isn't part of the EU, tho'. It's not even on the same side of the atlantic. American grasp of geography is bad but it's not bad enough to teleport a massachusetts town to europe...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: April 04, 2019, 10:05:20 am »

EU! EU! Customs union fhtagn!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: April 04, 2019, 10:12:27 am »

Huh, it still has to pass the House of Lords? With all the focus on the House of Commons, I wasn't sure if it had to. If you hadn't said that they were willing to rubber stamp it, I'd have imagined it potentially being a lovecraftian nightmare to get through. Unless they generally rubber stamp things coming from the House of Commons anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 793