Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 990476 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9900 on: April 05, 2019, 03:17:26 am »

Huh, it still has to pass the House of Lords? With all the focus on the House of Commons, I wasn't sure if it had to. If you hadn't said that they were willing to rubber stamp it, I'd have imagined it potentially being a lovecraftian nightmare to get through. Unless they generally rubber stamp things coming from the House of Commons anyway.
They are usually a rubber stamp House

Innsmouth isn't part of the EU, tho'. It's not even on the same side of the atlantic. American grasp of geography is bad but it's not bad enough to teleport a massachusetts town to europe...
American grasp of geography is almost as bad as American grasp of history or bants

American geographical names were either appropriated from natives or named after places in the old world; were Innsmouth real, it'd be named after any number of the Mouths in the old world

There's even a Dunwich in England

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: April 05, 2019, 04:01:25 am »

Huh, it still has to pass the House of Lords? With all the focus on the House of Commons, I wasn't sure if it had to. If you hadn't said that they were willing to rubber stamp it, I'd have imagined it potentially being a lovecraftian nightmare to get through. Unless they generally rubber stamp things coming from the House of Commons anyway.
They are usually a rubber stamp House

Innsmouth isn't part of the EU, tho'. It's not even on the same side of the atlantic. American grasp of geography is bad but it's not bad enough to teleport a massachusetts town to europe...
American grasp of geography is almost as bad as American grasp of history or bants

American geographical names were either appropriated from natives or named after places in the old world; were Innsmouth real, it'd be named after any number of the Mouths in the old world

There's even a Dunwich in England

Is it horrible?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: April 05, 2019, 08:41:23 am »

of course it is; it's in england
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9903 on: April 05, 2019, 09:09:28 am »

Is it horrible?
It's a dilapidated village that's the only remnant of a once great town, now swept beneath the seas

so it's england

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: April 05, 2019, 09:20:21 am »

Theresa Mays asked the EU to push back the deadline to 20th June, with a provision to end immediately if a deal is agreed between UK and EU. BBC political analyst says that the EU is likely to not want to approve a second such one-month extension, but might approve a longer one now that the “and if we come to a deal we drop out immediately instead of running down the clock” is on the table
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: April 05, 2019, 09:45:09 am »

Is it horrible?
It's a dilapidated village that's the only remnant of a once great town, now swept beneath the seas
Am I the only one who after reading this hears it in the voice of the Darkest Dungeon narrator?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9906 on: April 05, 2019, 10:01:56 am »

Is it horrible?
Am I the only one who after reading this hears it in the voice of the Darkest Dungeon narrator?
In time you shall come to understand the true failure of my negotiations... In the darkest Brexit.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: April 05, 2019, 11:19:48 am »

Theresa Mays asked the EU to push back the deadline to 20th June, with a provision to end immediately if a deal is agreed between UK and EU. BBC political analyst says that the EU is likely to not want to approve a second such one-month extension, but might approve a longer one now that the “and if we come to a deal we drop out immediately instead of running down the clock” is on the table

Isn't that going to run up right against the fact that they have to decide whether or not to participate in the EU elections (she seems to have ruled that out) and if they decide not to participate, I've read that if they're still in the EU by the time the EU Parliament next meets up (in July or August I think), it creates a legal mess.

Basically, if they decide not to participate in the EU elections, theres going to be a hard cap on how much further they can extend things.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: April 05, 2019, 11:29:11 am »

Isn't that going to run up right against the fact that they have to decide whether or not to participate in the EU elections (she seems to have ruled that out) and if they decide not to participate, I've read that if they're still in the EU by the time the EU Parliament next meets up (in July or August I think), it creates a legal mess.

Basically, if they decide not to participate in the EU elections, theres going to be a hard cap on how much further they can extend things.
Initial indications seem to show that Tusk is in favour of this extension deal, though it needs to Ben ratified by an emergency council of the EU
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: April 05, 2019, 11:38:07 am »

Yeah, I've read that he'd rather try to avoid disaster as long as possible, but the problem I'm talking about is a legal one that doesn't have a political solution other than participating in the EU elections.

Still, EU ministers are saying it's too vague to be justified and Macron wants a concrete plan, so, that extension might not even happen.

AFAIK, that extension to May 22nd or whatever hasn't been approved yet either.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: April 08, 2019, 06:55:52 am »

"Shockingly"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9912 on: April 08, 2019, 11:30:57 am »

Copyright and terrorism; with these twin swords, just fuck my shit up fam

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: April 08, 2019, 12:20:45 pm »

Copyright and terrorism; with these twin swords, just fuck my shit up fam
Pedophiles, Pirates, and Terrorists: The Government's Favorite PowerPoint Presentation
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: April 08, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »

Also, because I found this particularly absurd- takedown requests require compliance within the hour.
I don't think even a coporation with the resources of Google is capable of complying whitin an hour to any requests.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 793