Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 974751 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:14:43 am »

I suppose it's time for a new EU thread, with all the events going on there at the moment.

Let's keep it friendly, don't get personal, and if you catch yourself getting into a fruitless yes-no! or similar debate, please take a deep breath, step back and post again the next day.

WARNING: inciting or glorifying violence against any individual or group of people will not be tolerated. At all.

per special request:
Definition of
- immigrant: a person moving into your country with the purpose of residence
- refugee: a person who is fleeing his country or region in fear of his/her safety, for reasons manmade or natural
- asylum seeker: a person who has officialy requested to be granted asylum according to international law

The Moroccan Dutch writer Hafid Bouazza (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafid_Bouazza) wrote an article in the NRC (Dutch newspaper), calling upon the people to:
"Sing praise to the free woman, or sand niggers and swollen scrotumheads will only pollute the atmosphere more here"

(sand nigger is a translation of a curse word used in Morocco to denote the (very dark skinned) Moroccans that live in the Sahara, but which has become a more widely used term, meaning something like 'degenerate, lesser person', which I learned when working with Moroccan people for 10 years)

Geez, I thought Wilders was rascist, but this guy also knows how to fling his terminology. Damn.

http://www.nrc.nl/handelsblad/2016/01/09/wat-een-sukkels-zijn-die-mannen-1574075

In the article he claims that rape, and other forms of showing superior virility over non-muslims, is a typical muslim thing.

I took the liberty of translating the piece I linked from the NRC, since I think it's a bit too hard for google translate. That what you get when poets/ writers of literature send letters to the newspaper :P

Oh, while here in the Netherlands no one frowns at the language used in the piece, I must warn audiences that care about that, that it does have some four letter words, so don't read if you are not comfortable with that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, there's a scandal now in Sweden. Apparently, this summer, at a festival in Stockholm, many young women were sexually assaulted by Afghan men.
The police now admits that they have "kept that a secret out of fear for the extreme-right", after the newspaper Dagens Nyheter (daily news) got onto the story in the light of the new year's events.

The Swedish prime minister says it is unacceptable.
The police now admits that 'large numbers of sexual assaults have taken place, and dozens of men have been arrested".
According to police chief Peter Ågren, "we sometimes do not dare to tell the public what has happened, because we fear that will benefit the extreme right Swedish Democrats party".

http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/zweedse-politie-verzweeg-aanrandingen-op-festival-uit-angst-voor-extreemrechts~a4222508/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:18:00 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 10:35:35 am »

PTW the inevitable descent into madness.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:52:46 am »

PTW.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 10:55:54 am »

Last sunday, there were two separate incidents in the center of Cologne, where groups of white men attacked foreigners. Six Pakistani were surrounded and attacked by about 20 men, and 10 men ganged up on one Syrian. Two Pakistani and the Syrian were injured in the attacks.
According to the police, the attacks were coordinated via social media.
Around 100 people were arrested by the police, but those have all been released, save two of them who ignored police commands. None of them were labelled suspect in the attacks.

Minister of the Justice department, Heiko Maas says: "No matter how bad the new year's attacks were, one thing remains clear: there is no justification of agitation against forgeigners. It almost looks like some people were waiting for the new year's events in Köln to happen, to give them an excuse."

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:00:33 am »

PTWatching
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:01:30 am »

Maybe you should just rename it the 'Refugee discussion threat that will get locked soon anyway'. Remember the Russia threads? They were the same.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:01 am »

I guess I forgot one rule, try to be constructive

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:11:41 am »

Maybe consider some Bay12 chatroom with a link in this thread to discuss such heated topics?

I would love to discuss migrants, nationalism, tolerance, Islam and stuff but is is more toxic than Russia threads
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 11:13:03 am »

I don't see why sharing news about the EU, which at this moment happens to be mostly about refugees and new year, should be half-censored in any such way.
It's starting to look like political correctness is becoming the worst enemy of free speech.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 11:15:23 am »

Because some guys can't handle the heat and annoy Toady with reports?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 11:16:49 am »

Meh then we can just as well close the entire general discussion forum altogether, perhaps life advice too.
Besides, so far, I am not aware there's anything report-worthy in this thread.
Best I can do is when I am online, and see things heat up, is lock it temporarily. But I'm not always online though.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 11:19:03 am by martinuzz »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 11:41:58 am »

PTW
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:08:32 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 11:49:59 am »

Posting to watch.
Love, scriver~

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 12:27:46 pm »

Seeing as everyone is waiting for this to crash and burn, and as much as I'd like to contribute constructively to the discussion, I do not know much of western politics and thus... have nothing to offer.

I guess, maybe the final EU thread should be an IRC link instead, with fair warnings not to participate if you are below the age of 18, or very sensitive to topics such as these. :/
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »

Allright. Changing topic maybe?
Martin Schulz did it again. After claiming the large political shift "looked like a coup" back in december (the ruling party was kicked out after the elections. And the new dominating party is partying hard trying to replace anything and anyone with their people).

Now he's saying Polish democracy will be "Putin Style".

Considering that PiS is basically doing whatever the hell they please short of announcing Christian Sharia he might have half a point there.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 793