Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 986499 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »

Yeah, the powergrab on the media and justice department has costs them points with the EU already. The other side of the story I hear though is, that the current blitzkrieg of replacing key figures and controlling the media is nescessary, to get rid of the deeply rooted corruption that came with the previous government.

More other news:

In a 2-hour long interview, of which part one was published today in the German Bild magazine, president Putin has blamed the NATO, and it's expansionist policies, for being the sole reason for all crises in Europe.
"the NATO and the US wanted a complete victory over the Soviet Union, and they wanted to be the only ones to sit on Europe's throne. But now that they are sitting on it, they are facing all these crises that would not have been otherwise".

Russia is not against cooperation with Europe, especially Germany, according to Putin. "Despite the help of anti-Russian propaganda, the German mass media has not succeeded in damaging our feelings of sympathy towards Germany".
Putin furthermore stresses that Europe and Russia will need to cooperate better in combating terrorism.

He also refuted the accusations of aggression. The joining of the Crimea area with Russia is regarded by the international community as an act of expansion, but Putin claims that "our soldiers have only prevented Ukrainian forces from denying freedom of expression to the people in Crimea". With this, he is referring to the referendum that was held before the annexation, in which a large majority voted for joining Russia.
"For me, it's not about borders, or state territory, it's about the wellbeing of the people".

With this, Putin is trying to hold a mirror in the face of Europe. "If the Kosovars have the right to secede, then why don't the Crimeans?" (Russia backed Serbia back in the days, which opposed the seccession of the Kosovo province, the NATO bombed Serbia to support Kosovo)

About the sanctions in place against Russia, he says "those sanctions are an absurd theatre. They are in no way meant to aid Ukraine, their only purpose is to geopolitically damage Russia."
He goes on to call it a "foolish policy". He says it's not his fault that the Minsk II agreement, that was reached in early 2015 to end the crisis in Ukraine, has not been implemented yet.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/poetin-eu-sancties-tegen-rusland-absurd-theater~a4222417/
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:32:12 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 03:16:07 pm »

16th for shovelslav

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:01 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 04:48:45 pm »

Hahahaha, my guts are bursting after Cameron tried to get some foreign CEOs to threaten leaving Britain if Brexit is win; Toyota responded by pledging to stay in Britain irregardless of the decision, based nippon btfo porkine scrub

Also in a rather surprising move, Victor Orban wishes to try and help Cameron keep the UK in the EU. There's a very unlikely alliance. Somewhat annoying that Cameron still leads the Tories despite the vast majority all being euroskeptic. Though I guess that's politics for you, you get the choice between voting for an Oxbridge pro-EU politician or an Oxbridge pro-Eu politician or the protest Oxbridge pro-EU politician. Glad his cabinet are rustling his jimmies at least

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

Yeah, Cameron has said some unbelievably stupid shit lately.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 06:28:35 pm »

Slow descent into madness? Nah, no madness, I can respect madness. He started off and ended up where he began, quite clueless. I can't remember the last time in British history the Prime Minister has managed to weaken his own position so much his own chancellors and secretaries had more power than him. I think him supporting the EU might be for the best, God knows if he were euroskeptic he'd probably bumble that up and renegotiate the EU HQ into London

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 06:38:48 pm »

PTW
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 06:57:42 pm »

Somewhat annoying that Cameron still leads the Tories despite the vast majority all being euroskeptic.

I believe that's because despite looking like a used-car salesman who drowns children in canals he's still one of their most presentable members, possibly because a not insignificant chunk of their MPs are just shy of being the same sort as the UKIP members who kept causing political snafus by ranting about people with different skin colours and homosexuals.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 07:55:16 pm »

In relation to the cologne stuff, a protest by Pegida members was dispersed by german police with water cannons.

Additionally, foreigners are being attacked by German residents. So people are getting fed up.

I'm seeing this collision course between the far-left and far-right. I'm thinking the moderates would support the right after how the German government, the media, and "progressive" groups like feminism are reacting to the current situation. Primarily by name-calling anyone that isn't politically correct or supportive of "progressive" views as a racist or bigot or Islamophobe or Nazi. Or saying that what I consider a logical reaction to a sudden huge crime, committed primarily by a group of people new to a nation with different cultural and societal views than what they are used to, is a reaction fueled irrationally by "hate", as Merkel called it.

Is it not reasonable to see an increase in crime committed by immigrants and conclude "maybe we should change our immigration policies"? Or am I being a horrible racist bigot just because of thinking that?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 07:58:49 pm »

You can't just change immigration policies. It's keep them out or nothing. Or else what, you think you can sit them down and say "don't commit any crimes k?" and it'll work?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 08:08:18 pm »

It's not like every refugee is coming in and commencing with the raping. I haven't heard about any rapes by native Europeans, is someone hiding those or are they just not "newsworthy?" :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 08:11:10 pm »

It's not like every refugee is coming in and commencing with the raping. I haven't heard about any rapes by native Europeans, is someone hiding those or are they just not "newsworthy?" :V
Arab immigrants show up disproportionately in perpetration of sexual assaults. LW, go look up some stats please kthx.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 08:18:06 pm »

There are statistics already? How does it take years to get any for anything in the US?

Do you believe in life after love? I can feel something inside me say I really don't think I like this song.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 08:23:49 pm »

You can't just change immigration policies. It's keep them out or nothing. Or else what, you think you can sit them down and say "don't commit any crimes k?" and it'll work?
I thought maybe it'd be possible to staunch the flood of refugees. More processing or something instead of just letting in anyone. I've heard that a majority of the refugees are single men of "military age" with no accompanying family. Why not give more priority to the families? It'd restrict the amount somewhat, assuming what I've heard is true.

I was asking more about the morality behind the thought of "changing" immigration policies when the current refugees seem to be...not behaving well. If the only option is "keep them out" or "not keep them out" then fine; is it wrong -racist, bigot, etc-to  want to "keep out" any more refugees when the current refugees are pulling stunts like the cologne rapes? If these were white people the argument that wanting to keep them out is racist wouldn't be nearly as applicable, right? Pulling the racist card doesn't seem a justifiable enough reason to disregard the option of "keeping them out".

I suppose it could be "racist" in that I'm judging all future refugees to behave like the cologne rapists did. I'm not judging them on their race though, but the culture they came from, the beliefs they have, and how they would integrate into the nations they are immigrating to. Is that still racist? It's a big group of people, it's physically impossible for me to know what every single one of millions of refugees are like. But they're all coming from nations with their own cultures and beliefs and practices. Is it not fair to think that a large group consisting of members of a culture would practice and believe in the culture they are coming from? And if that culture is substantially different from the culture of the nation they are going to, is it unreasonable to consider how the two cultures will react and interact when forced to live together?

One option I guess is thorough processing and interviews of refugees on a one-by-one basis before letting them through borders but that would be expensive and inefficient as hell. And would probably be called racist and islamophobist.

I'm seeing feminists bring up how "white" people commit groping and sexual assault during oktoberfest in response to people talking about how a majority of the people involved in the cologne incident are predominantly of "middle-Eastern or North-African descent".

Because isolated incidents of intoxicated groping are just as bad if not worse than a coordinated mass groping committed by a large group of people. #allmen #allwhitemen #itsnotbigotryifitsagainstmen
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 08:26:30 pm »

As The Donald would say, "Somebody's doing the raping."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 793