Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 991469 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2016, 04:39:47 pm »

Personally I think that letting unlimited refugees into Europe was a very bad idea. The social unrest and political shifts it has caused are very real. The portion of the refugees that will not be able to properly integrate WILL form a new lower class with all the associated problems. Racist (for lack of a better word) ideas will be on the rise on both sides, making everything a pain in the ass.
Just curious

What is your alternative to letting refugee in? Machineguns at EU borders? Playing deportation game again and again (BTW, deport where?)? Build death camps for the ultimate solution?

Like I said part is massive efforts to improve living conditions in regional refugee camps.

I would also say extending the EU asylum policy where a refugee can only apply for asylum in the first country they apply in to include Turkey by making a deal with them would be a good option. We already have multiple treaties with Turkey governing the travel from Turkey to the EU, they might very well be persuaded when we give something in return. That would reduce the number of Syrian refugees using Turkey as a stop to travel to Europe significantly.

I also think military intervention in Libya is a lot more suitable than Syria, Libya is basically a complete power vacuum, whereas the Syrian goverment still holds a non negligible amount of power. Also the the foreign interests that make intervention so impossible in Syria are a lot smaller in Libya.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2016, 05:47:27 am »

One of the women who were sexually harassed in Cologne went on the news to talk about it. The video got shared saying she was lying racist whore and the like. It hit 250,000 views before she told the guy who'd put it up that she'd sue for character assassination if they didn't remove it.

Worst part is the only place I found out about it was from Breitbart.

And you're sure this isn't just one of the many times in which Breitbart has fabricated a story?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2016, 06:24:39 am »

Yeah, sexual assault victim: probably making it up, amirite? /sarcasm

They do link the German-language articles in there.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:26:36 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2016, 06:26:18 am »

They had some links to a German site, a radio station I think, but I can only latsen Deutsche unt don't know what kind of station it was.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2016, 07:22:59 am »

A retired police officer from the sex offense task force wrote a letter to the newspaper.
He says that, of all sexual violence cases he seen in the period from 1996 to 2009 that he worked with the police, 80% of all sexual offenders were familiy members, or acquainted to the victim. He says that "most sex offenders live in your street, and were born there. Also, only about 5% off all cases he handled ever saw the light of media. For a large part those are the cases were foreigners are involved.

Looks like, to prevent Cologne from happening again, it would be more useful to deport our parents and neighbors that it would be to deport north africans.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2016, 07:25:18 am »

Yeah, sexual assault victim: probably making it up, amirite? /sarcasm

They do link the German-language articles in there.

It's more along the lines of 'site with history of making up stories probably made up current sensational story'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2016, 07:34:53 am »

The municipality of the German city of Bornheim has decreed that male foreigners are no longer allowed access to the public swimming pool, after many women filed complaints about being harassed by men from the nearby refugee center.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:43:29 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2016, 08:01:45 am »

There's a big difference in that Jews weren't actually harassing anyone.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2016, 08:04:09 am »

No but propaganda told everyone they were.
When offices of government start banning people from public places just because of their ethnicity, it is time to remind them of what that can lead to.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:06:03 am by martinuzz »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2016, 08:05:11 am »

And I'm sure you can find plenty of example of Jews harassing people. I wonder if that swimming pool thing is legal though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2016, 08:06:51 am »

There's a big difference in that Jews weren't actually harassing anyone.

Not according to the media of that time.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2016, 08:08:06 am »

So are you implying that the sexual attacks and harassment haven't taken place, and that it's simply propaganda?
No, I don't, that's just faulty logic. I do hold the possibility open though that some of those complaints, in the light of recent events, might be fabricated. To disregard that beforehand as completely impossible would be silly.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2016, 08:09:02 am »

One of the women who were sexually harassed in Cologne went on the news to talk about it. The video got shared saying she was lying racist whore and the like. It hit 250,000 views before she told the guy who'd put it up that she'd sue for character assassination if they didn't remove it.

Worst part is the only place I found out about it was from Breitbart.

And you're sure this isn't just one of the many times in which Breitbart has fabricated a story?

If you'd clicked the link, you could've seen the German paper links and the videos in which the sexual assault victim talks about it.

I check what I post. Can you say the same?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2016, 08:43:01 am »

You know, I wonder what's going to be the Thing that will finally discredit the radical "anti-racists" in Europe. Because it seems to be getting ridiculous. Do native Europeans have no right in deciding the future of their countries, or what?
._.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2016, 09:02:32 am »

You know, I wonder what's going to be the Thing that will finally discredit the radical "anti-racists" in Europe. Because it seems to be getting ridiculous. Do native Europeans have no right in deciding the future of their countries, or what?

Public opinion is actually very divided about whether to allow refugees in. So saying they have no say in the matter not entirely a convincing argument.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 793