Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 993764 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2016, 08:44:34 am »

Well, are we trying to have a semi-serious discussion here, or should we just stop polluting this forum?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2016, 08:46:52 am »

Temporarily locking this until people slept off the booze.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:11 am »

I approve.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2016, 08:48:33 am »

Carp, how do I lock a thread? Can't find button for it

EDIT nvm bottom left
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2016, 09:31:28 am »

Latest news: France has declared an "Economic State of Emergency", Amnesty International has released a report stating that female refugees are at risk for assault, harassment, and sexual exploitation, and Facebook is banning "xenophobic hate speech", which is likely to actually mean "anti-immigration sentiment in general".

Oh, and some individual or group on the alt-right has released a sarcastic parody of both the migrant crisis and Blink 182's "All the Small Things", titled "All the Rapefugees - Blink 1488. I don't even have to put effort into my own shitposting this time, someone else is doing it for me!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:37:03 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2016, 11:13:51 am »

Yeah, I think everyone here can agree that regardless of who's doing it, rape is bad. Guys, rape is bad.  Have I mentioned that rape is bad?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2016, 11:56:49 am »

A German lawyer has asked prosecutors in Berlin to investigate a report on Russian state television that may have been faked about the rape of an underage girl by migrants in Germany.

Martin Luithle told German broadcaster Deutsche Welle that the report, aired at prime time on Jan. 16, violated German laws and was incitement to racial hatred.

It detailed the disappearance and rape of a 13-year-old Russian-speaking girl in Berlin by Arab migrants and a supposed coverup by German police.

Its authenticity was quickly disputed by the police, who say they have found no evidence either of abduction or rape, and by bloggers who questioned the material used in the report.

Luithle said the report was filmed as a piece of propaganda. Russian state television has glorified in needling European countries over their tolerance, and portrays the continent as riven with contradictions and social dysfunction.

The incident has been compared to an infamous Channel One report from eastern Ukraine in 2014, which offered an eyewitness account of the public crucifixion of a 3-year-old boy by Ukrainian soldiers. The report was exposed as a fraud. Channel One never apologized.

While Channel One is not under German jurisdiction, Luithle said the channel’s reporter, Ivan Blagoi, had violated the country's laws with the report. Some six million Russian speakers in Germany have access to Channel One, according to Deutsche Welle.

Luithle said that Blagoi could face a prison term of between three months and five years.

Khe-khe. Russian juornalist lied? How can it happen?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2016, 12:26:30 pm »

Temporarily locking this until people slept off the booze.

"People are posting stuff that disagrees with my ideology, what should I do?!"
"SHUT IT DOWN."

Syrian refugees take to the streets of Germany to protest sexism and sexual aggression.

This is a propaganda piece, and I really don't believe you've actually fell for it.

13-years old Belgian raped by non-refugees as no one on the internet gives a fuck.

I'm not certain because Google translate is mangling that whole article, but is the name of the guy who arranged the gang rape "Mesut"?

<snip>

Khe-khe. Russian juornalist lied? How can it happen?

Regardless of what actually happened (no evidence either way at the minute), the girl was taken into police custody for 3 hours without any guardians.

Funny how when that happened to Ahmed the Clockmaker there was a big fuss but when it happens to a 13-year-old German girl it's fine.

I wonder what the primary difference is here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »

Because the 13-year old girl wasn't taken into custody as a security threat?
Glad I could sort that out for you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2016, 12:35:37 pm »

No, instead she was the victim of a crime, not the originator of one.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:23 pm »

Do you think anyone is arguing that only immigrants or refugees rape people?
This thing comes up again and again, as if you should sit there and pour more gasoline on the inferno because there's already an electrical fire
Spoiler: also lol (click to show/hide)

Ameripol get out please we are being sophisticated euroes

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2016, 12:45:18 pm »

Victims are taken into protective custody on occasion. This is a thing that happens, especially in cases of rape or attempted rape.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2016, 12:50:35 pm »

Victims are taken into protective custody on occasion. This is a thing that happens, especially in cases of rape or attempted rape.

She was interrogated for three fucking hours. That's not protective custody. Jesus Christ.

From the source Loud posted:
The cousin explained that the police filed no charges against the perpetrators. Officials had the 13-year-old during a three-hour interrogation, which took place isolated and without an accompanying person, laughed at, mocked and falsehood accused - until she had collapsed and the presentation of the police had agreed - namely that the rape had not taken place, that it is only should look like and that they which have willed it so 13-year-old. The girl was therefore forced by law enforcement officers to a false statement on their tormentors.

The family now comes with a lawyer against these measures. There is a medical document confirming the rape.

Keep in mind this was supposedly after she'd been gang raped for 30 hours.

But, don't worry, it was protective custody!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 793