Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002137 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2016, 09:44:12 am »

ALSO IN NEWS THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING CULTURALLY ENRICHED
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well that's just uncivilized. This is the kind of behaviour that has recently made me dislike the self-proclaimed Russian patriots/nationalists as much as the self-proclaimed democrats/liberals... you can't build a state on semi-open banditry like that.
Not even a wise strategy to boot, since trying to scare really stubborn slavs with death just makes them doubly stubborn and gives them nothing to lose.

If actually true, then they should have asked those people if they would do those same acts in their home countries and if no, then ask why the hell they would do that here.....
It's the current year? I can think of no other reason other than witnessing the fall of Rome, the banter to end all civilization, the first second and third sacking of Constantinople, the heavenly rebellion of bants, reaching the zenith of the happening.

Basically we have been in Kali Yuga for a long while and waited expectantly for our cancers to go away if we ignored it. Now is the time to reap our rewards :/

War refugees from Ukraine have been denied asylum in Germany despite chunks of Ukraine being, effectively, an active war zone.
Denying Ukrainians is not racism so it is perfectly fine :D
It's impossible to deny Ukrainians anything because they have white privilege and so can never be oppressed

To be more serious denying Ukrainians is absolutely right - unlike Syria, Ukrainians have no problem to move to a perfectly safe area of a country.
To get to Sweden from Syria one must pass through Lebanon, Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, Italy, Croatia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep., Germany, Denmark and that's for actual Syrians.

Sure, no one will pay free ~1000 euro per month per family here...
Still I am interested what EU will do if Russia will move further and there will be very real millions of Ukrainians fleeing the war.
Nothing?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2016, 10:17:03 am »

[
To be more serious denying Ukrainians is absolutely right - unlike Syria, Ukrainians have no problem to move to a perfectly safe area of a country.
To get to Sweden from Syria one must pass through Lebanon, Turkey, Cyprus, Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, Italy, Croatia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep., Germany, Denmark and that's for actual Syrians.

Italy? That's a bit of a detour, unless you're using the very eastern part, though even that is still a bit of a detour, but yes, you've made your point. You're also leaving out the route that goes through Russia and Finland.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 10:19:21 am by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2016, 10:31:47 am »

Italy? That's a bit of a detour, unless you're using the very eastern part, though even that is still a bit of a detour
Greece -> Italy boat lane

but yes, you've made your point. You're also leaving out the route that goes through Russia and Finland.
Finland and Russia both actively block them, are freezing cold and very far away

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2016, 11:06:07 am »

but yes, you've made your point. You're also leaving out the route that goes through Russia and Finland.
Finland and Russia both actively block them, are freezing cold and very far away

At this time of year, yeah.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 23, 2016, 11:37:47 am »

Well that's just uncivilized. This is the kind of behaviour that has recently made me dislike the self-proclaimed Russian patriots/nationalists as much as the self-proclaimed democrats/liberals... you can't build a state on semi-open banditry like that.
VOTE SERGARR FOR NEXT RUSSIAN PRESIDENT
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2016, 11:40:10 am »

Wait, that wasn't the plan anyway?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2016, 12:07:55 pm »

During last year 69 minors were allowed to live with their "husbands" by Swedish authorities, completely against Swedish law. And that's just for the one city, Malmö. They don't say it in the article but the over strain on housing (and other social errvices) availabilities that's occurred due to the mass immigration is obviously one of the main reasons behind this. But being a tacit supporter of forced child marriages is obviously preferable to lowering the amount of immigrants we let in to a sensible level.
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2016, 12:51:52 pm »

During last year 69 minors were allowed to live with their "husbands" by Swedish authorities, completely against Swedish law. And that's just for the one city, Malmö. They don't say it in the article but the over strain on housing (and other social errvices) availabilities that's occurred due to the mass immigration is obviously one of the main reasons behind this. But being a tacit supporter of forced child marriages is obviously preferable to lowering the amount of immigrants we let in to a sensible level.
OK, seriously, even with all scepticism due to biased sources, with what we're hearing so far I think we can safely say that Sweden's going bonkers.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2016, 12:58:47 pm »

In other news, there were massive protests in all major cities in Poland. They were carried out by an organisation called "KOD" - Komitet Obrony Demokracji (Democracy Defence Comitee). There were even protests in Vienna, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Paris, Stockholm and Melbourne. The manifestation was quite successful, with over 30 cities in Poland. Unfortunately, it is hard to find a non-government controlled source. I can only post this as a source (it is in polish, so GT it).

http://wyborcza.pl/1,75478,19519935,protesty-kod-w-calym-kraju.html?disableRedirects=true
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 23, 2016, 01:28:51 pm »

In other news, there were massive protests in all major cities in Poland. They were carried out by an organisation called "KOD" - Komitet Obrony Demokracji (Democracy Defence Comitee). There were even protests in Vienna, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Paris, Stockholm and Melbourne. The manifestation was quite successful, with over 30 cities in Poland. Unfortunately, it is hard to find a non-government controlled source. I can only post this as a source (it is in polish, so GT it).

http://wyborcza.pl/1,75478,19519935,protesty-kod-w-calym-kraju.html?disableRedirects=true
What a coincidence, I read this post literally as I heard some more news on that on the radio.

The source you posted is firmly opposition, so caveat lector, but otherwise, there are a number of worrying things being pushed through: aside from the changes that makes the leadership of state media a direct ministerial appointment, a new law is giving the police and intelligence more powers in Internet invigilation - including, apparently, the option of preventative invigilation.

This is all on top of the first incident, which began with both the previous and current government separately appointing five replacement CC judges, the former having the current ruling party's president not accept the appointment, the latter's three appointments being ruled unconstitutional by the CC itself, the latter alongside the new government passing some changes which gimp them as an individual power.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 24, 2016, 02:56:49 am »

Hah. This must be the most relaxing job assignment civil servants ever got: In Amsterdam, the city council is sending it's civil servants undercover.
They are going to go to the various massage salons in Amsterdam, and get a massage. If at any time, they are offered anything more erotic than a massage, they will report, and the salon will be closed by police. Illegal prostitution and woman slavery apparently is becoming a large problem in Amsterdam's massage salons.

"how was your job?"
"got 25 massages and a blowjob, I'm exhausted"

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2016, 05:52:27 am »

In Basinghausen, Germany, firefighters narrowly escaped with their life, when they discovered that arsonists had not only set fire to a refugee center under construction, but they also placed leaking gas canisters inside. Quick reaction of the firefighters, who immediatly removed the gas canisters from the fire and prioritized cooling those, prevented them from exploding and injuring or killing the firefighters.

Estimated damage to the refugee center under construction is 100000 euros.
Minister president Weil, of the Lower Saxony district said he is 'ashamed that things like this keep happening in Lower Saxony'. The Basinghausen area is notorious for having a higher than national average neo-nazi population.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/bijna-explosie-in-duitsland-in-brandend-azc-in-aanbouw~a4231106/

nullBolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2016, 05:56:45 am »

In Basinghausen, Germany, firefighters narrowly escaped with their life, when they discovered that arsonists had not only set fire to a refugee center under construction, but they also placed leaking gas canisters inside. Quick reaction of the firefighters, who immediatly removed the gas canisters from the fire and prioritized cooling those, prevented them from exploding and injuring or killing the firefighters.

Estimated damage to the refugee center under construction is 100000 euros.
Minister president Weil, of the Lower Saxony district said he is 'ashamed that things like this keep happening in Lower Saxony'. The Basinghausen area is notorious for having a higher than national average neo-nazi population.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/bijna-explosie-in-duitsland-in-brandend-azc-in-aanbouw~a4231106/

When peaceful methods of protest fail and the government fails to meet the needs of the people, the people must take actions to ensure that their demands are listened to.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2016, 06:09:10 am »

Merkel, pls ban nullBolt for advocating terrorism.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2016, 06:17:44 am »

Hah. This must be the most relaxing job assignment civil servants ever got: In Amsterdam, the city council is sending it's civil servants undercover.
They are going to go to the various massage salons in Amsterdam, and get a massage. If at any time, they are offered anything more erotic than a massage, they will report, and the salon will be closed by police. Illegal prostitution and woman slavery apparently is becoming a large problem in Amsterdam's massage salons.

"how was your job?"
"got 25 massages and a blowjob, I'm exhausted"

Wait, isn't annoucing an undercover operation publicly kind of going against said undercover operation? Because what's stopping said salons from just stopping offering said services until the percieved danger has passed? Other than sheer stupidity that is.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 793