Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002144 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1200 on: March 22, 2016, 04:49:56 am »

The Amsterdam police has gotten some complaints about people celebrating the Brussels attacks. They call upon anyone who sees such a thing, to immediatly report it to the police.

EDIT: the Brussels police has called upon the people to stop using their telephones, as the networks are failing from being too crowded. They ask people to use facebook and twitter instead.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:51:36 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 22, 2016, 04:52:43 am »

Yeah, or text, which is less data-intensive. Just saw that from an aquaintance on my FB page, made me smile:

When the bomb went off at Maelbeek I was one stop away. I had just stepped off the metro. Everyone at Arts-Loi station felt the loud yet muffled thud before a cloud of dust lifted into the air. People started to panic but didn't freak out - there's so much construction in Brussels everyday that it's hard to say exactly what noise comes from where.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 22, 2016, 04:56:21 am »

He / she be very lucky today.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 22, 2016, 05:02:07 am »

In unrelated news, the Dutch government decided today, to immediatly stop paying out aid money to Ukrainian refugees that have been denied asylum, to stop abuse.
In the Netherlands, an asylum seeker gets about 2000 euros when he/she voluontarily returns to his country of origin.

Now, Ukrainians from the eastern, war torn part of the country, can apply for asylum in the Netherlands. But over the past months, it has come to light that most Ukrainian refugees do not come from the east at all, but from the western, safe part of the country. They come, apply for asylum, usually quickly cancel the procedure themselves, apply for voluontary return, and return home with 2000 euros. From today, that's no longer possible. The state will still pay their return ticket, and 200 euros to cover first expenses back home.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:04:42 am by martinuzz »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 22, 2016, 05:14:32 am »

Well hopefully you and other folks in and around the area are safe martinuzz.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 22, 2016, 05:46:38 am »

Right now, station Hoofddorp (Netherlands, near Amsterdam) is being evacuated, and an international train arriving there has been detained, passengers onboard report military police combing the train with dogs. People in the area report many emergency services have gathered there, and helicopters are circling the station.

Belga(belgian press) just reports that police and military forces have arrived at nuclear power plants, for extra protection.

EDIT: Belgium has decided to completely close the border with France for the time being.
And the Belgian prime minister has decreed a curfew, asking every citizen of Belgium to remain where they are, and not go anywhere.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:54:19 am by martinuzz »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 22, 2016, 05:55:22 am »

Well hopefully you and other folks in and around the area are safe martinuzz.

He's not even in the same country! Damn Dutch, we didn't have a revolution so you could steal our sympathy! :p

Brussels is on lockdown, no real news from the government, but then it's not like you could expect much from these wankers. Death toll apparently now 11 at the airport, 15 at Maelbeek.

Edit: Or 11 and 10? Hard to say. Apparently the metro attack took place on a train that was between Maelbeek and Schuman, hence the reports of an attack on Schuman.

Prime Minister is giving a press conference, where all he can says is that he knows nothing. No number of the fatalities, no information on a possible link between the attacks and the arrestation of the Paris mastermind. Not surprising this ealry, but then wy bother having a press conference at all?

Edit again: Apparently the nuclear power plants had soldiers on guard duty since this weekend. Not sure if it was some planned thing or a sign the government suspected a retaliation for the arrest.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:59:31 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 22, 2016, 05:58:27 am »

Just in time for Russia. Now European media will be busy with those terror acts and verdict in Savchenko's trial will be much less noticed. It must be yet another coincidence, right?
Are you seriously trying to imply that Russia is behind this?
Behind is a vague term. Of course Russia doesn't control Islamic terrorism, they have their own leaders, goals, ideology. And it wasn't - "Hey, cell in Belgium, Masters from Moscow order you to explode bombs here and there" kind of stuff.

Yet I  am more than sure that Russia has a lot of its agents inside to influence their actions in subtle ways. I am sure that Russia provides some assistance to them, from information to bombs in exchange for favours that benefit Russian foreign policy.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 22, 2016, 06:02:02 am »

So the 15 death from the metro come from the metro agency, which also says 55 injured, 10 of them critically.

Some hospital that earlier called for blood donations are now saying they have more than enough. Nice to see some decent response.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 22, 2016, 06:05:21 am »

He's not even in the same country! Damn Dutch, we didn't have a revolution so you could steal our sympathy! :p
You know we should really just combine Noord Brabant and Flanders to form the Volksrepubliek menne zachte Gee. Germany can have our Limburgs.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 22, 2016, 06:24:21 am »

Oh, sorry about the goof up. Running on all of three hours of sleep at the moment.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 22, 2016, 08:31:54 am »

When I woke up (6:30 right now in California), looked at this thread and saw the terror attack stuff. My first thought was 'Oh hell....'

So, as far as I can tell, there has been two attacks, one at an airport and one at the metro, right?

I hope all of the Bay12ers and people they know are safe.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 22, 2016, 08:41:38 am »

The Amsterdam police has gotten some complaints about people celebrating the Brussels attacks. They call upon anyone who sees such a thing, to immediatly report it to the police.

*facepalm*

If you guys do have that happening, fucking record it!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 22, 2016, 08:57:56 am »

*facepalm*

I don't know about specific laws in Belgium, but over here we've repeatedly had very large groups of people people marching through the capital openly advocating for the beheading of their political/religious opponents, demanding the death and destruction of our leaders and culture, and celebrating ISIS and other terrorists as martyrs and heroes. They do this under police protection.

I'd be very surprised if recording the people celebrating this terrorist attack did any good.

Where would 'here' be? Just wondering.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 22, 2016, 09:14:19 am »

*facepalm*

I don't know about specific laws in Belgium, but over here we've repeatedly had very large groups of people people marching through the capital openly advocating for the beheading of their political/religious opponents, demanding the death and destruction of our leaders and culture, and celebrating ISIS and other terrorists as martyrs and heroes. They do this under police protection.

I'd be very surprised if recording the people celebrating this terrorist attack did any good.

Where would 'here' be? Just wondering.
Sounds suspiciously like Germany. That or one of the Scandinavian countries. Sweden perhaps?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 793