Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002027 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1365 on: March 24, 2016, 08:08:29 am »

Ibrahim al Bakraoui was on the run after the arrest of Abdeslam and a couple of other raids over the last few days. He even left a suicide not on his laptop saying he was feeling trapped, afraid of a lifetime in jail and looking forward to going out with a boom.

Feel free to doubt it, but I'll take the terrorist's own word over yours.

Re: Erdogan. So Turkey is claiming that it warned Belgium on Ibrahim's arrest and deportation back in july 2015. Now, it appears that while Belgium had a deal to share information about foreign fighters since late 2013, Jan Jambon (our interior minister) admitted to Parliament that the deal wasn't implemented because of the lack of Turkish cooperation back in April 2015. Erdogan might be bullshitting to deflect attention from his non-respect of the deal.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 24, 2016, 08:21:13 am »

[not_entirely_serious_mode]
re: previous pages

i laugh at the mere racist plebs that think that immigrants will overcome yurope
every super racist that has transcended past the normal limits of racism (like me right now, in the "not_entirely_serious" mode, for example) would know that yuropures are worth at least 100-1000 non-yuros, and that's just teh conservative lower bound
and so would not even consider the possibility of migrants somehow defeating yuropures
because it doesn't matter how much they reproduce
they can't defeat yurope without
themselves becoming
yuropures

*drops the mic*
[/not_entirely_serious_mode]
._.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 24, 2016, 08:38:40 am »

I was referring to the scope of a country. It is expected to have attacks in another country, but those are planned and performed in parallel for all we know.
Magistrum: Suspects on the run are liable to make themselves blow up before being taken (not unlike what happened here).
I highly doubt it... Even now, a survivor from the Paris terror cell just went on to perform another attack instead of simply dying the fastest possible. Weird that they would put a bomb-maker to be suicide bomber tough... Seems like a waste of resources. They must really have been running out of operatives in the country.

Reportedly they've sent "at least 400 fighters," if this article's sources are telling the truth.

As for the bomb-maker, they've found evidence indicating that he and the others in his cell thought the security forces were closing in on them, so they had to strike immediately or end up in jail next to Abdeslam.

I am pretty upset too. I'd like to see those terrorists hand by the balls, if those weren't currently a fine paste all over Zaventem airport. That doesn't make me want to genocide the population those guys are from.

Oh, we got a message from Best Korea.

Quote from: KCNA
   It reiterated the DPRK government's invariable stand of opposing all forms of terrorism and expressed hope that Belgium will eradicate the tragic consequences of the recent incident as early as possible and regain stability.

Exterminate all consequences!

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 24, 2016, 10:09:28 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/24/europe/karadzic-war-crimes-verdict/index.html?adkey=bn The guy was found guilty of the genocides, the trial was an incredibly long one, over 20 years.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 24, 2016, 10:15:54 am »

Don't we have a Bosnian on the thread?

Also, the Belgian government is being roasted in the media for its failure. As someone who hates those right-wing wankers with a passion it's jimmying my rustles.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:23:44 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 24, 2016, 10:27:28 am »

I think theres someone from Serbia, but anyway, theres certainly some Balkan Bay12ers.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 24, 2016, 11:35:08 am »

Bashing goverments is easy, preventing terrorist attacks is not and generally not worth at all the insane amount of money and effort spend on it as illustrated by this shiny graph:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 24, 2016, 12:44:50 pm »

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/our-gti-findings

> over 32,000

Disregarding fancy chart which says '300' because the other numbers might be wrong/fake too
(Also... Airplane icon? For terrorism?)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 24, 2016, 01:44:12 pm »

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/our-gti-findings

> over 32,000

Disregarding fancy chart which says '300' because the other numbers might be wrong/fake too
(Also... Airplane icon? For terrorism?)

Ohw yeah the chart is US I believe.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 24, 2016, 01:59:19 pm »

It's also ridiculously biased.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 24, 2016, 02:01:00 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:48:15 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 24, 2016, 03:57:30 pm »

You're right....the actual number (based on the GTI chart) is far lower (18). But then 2014 was a bad year. The previous two years were 7 and 6 fatalities, respectively. And 0 in 2011.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 24, 2016, 04:53:37 pm »

You're right....the actual number (based on the GTI chart) is far lower (18). But then 2014 was a bad year. The previous two years were 7 and 6 fatalities, respectively. And 0 in 2011.
'

That's sensationalist news for you. Fox News doesn't have the entire market on it...
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 24, 2016, 10:14:50 pm »

Sorry, I also share that view, what I meant is that a terrorist is unlike to simply suicide... He will probably kill himself, but performing a operation.

400 operatives... That must be some solid 80 or so getting trough to the terror cells. Unless he claims that is the actual number of operatives that successfully infiltrated along with him. Then I call bullshit on his confession bragging. :P
In a time before time, I had a name.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 24, 2016, 11:12:45 pm »

It sounded like they got that from other sources. Who knows, though, since if they did, they can't really say how they know.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 793