Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002071 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2565 on: June 15, 2016, 03:02:38 pm »

I don't even know why is there such a big obsession with football in Russia. It's, like, the sport in which we're absolutely in the shitters, every other one we do better, significantly - but nooooo, they just have to like the fucking football!
Football has the largest stadiums, thus the largest battel arena

How many times our football team has to lose like chumps, until the people get the idea that maybe football just isn't our forte, and switch to liking something that we're actually better at, like volleyball?
Or weights, squats and going to space
I do recall that one Roman Emperor, who thanked the gods that he was not a fervent fan of either the blues or the greens

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: June 15, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »

On a more EU note, Germany announced it is cracking down on underage and polygamic marriage in recent arrivals

Syrian "child brides" and international law
"Alarming increase" in number of child marriages within Syrian refugee communities in Jordan, Iraq and Lebanon, says Save the Children
It is argued that marriage protects the girls from sexual assault and other hardship
It is also seen as safeguarding family honour
It reduces economic burden on refugee families

Yeah, pretty nice example of why we shouldn't leave those people in refugee camps IMO. Although I do wonder how he plans to fight polygamy from a legal standpoints. For child bride, you can refuse to recognize the marriage, maybe even bring statutory rape charge for the more extreme case, but it's not like those polygamous marriages are recognized now. The article cite several wife sharing one's inheritance, but I fail to see how preventing some of the wives from getting inheritance money would make the situation less worse.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: June 15, 2016, 03:47:44 pm »

I don't even know why is there such a big obsession with football in Russia. It's, like, the sport in which we're absolutely in the shitters, every other one we do better, significantly - but nooooo, they just have to like the fucking football!

How many times our football team has to lose like chumps, until the people get the idea that maybe football just isn't our forte, and switch to liking something that we're actually better at, like volleyball?

I thought Ice Hockey was your thing. I mean, that has the fighting built right into it!
This is a blank sig.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: June 15, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160507/1039228442/poland-refugees-politician.html

I wasn't sure whether this belongs in the WTF thread or here.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 15, 2016, 05:39:19 pm »

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20160507/1039228442/poland-refugees-politician.html

Wait, you mean to tell me this isn't WTF thread: euro edition?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 15, 2016, 05:43:00 pm »

Wait, you mean to tell me this isn't WTF thread: euro edition?
That's why it ended up here. Lehistan is in europe.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:18 pm »

But in practice polygamous relationships are often quietly tolerated, the paper reports. For example, if a man dies, his inheritance may be distributed between his two wives.
But Mr Maas wants to stop authorities turning a blind eye.
"Everybody must abide by the law, no matter whether he has grown up here or has only just arrived," he told the tabloid.
This also applies to forced and underage marriages.
"We cannot tolerate forced marriages, above all, if they affect under-age girls," Mr Maas said.
Bild reports that the federal state of Bavaria alone has registered 550 cases of brides aged under 18, and 161 under 16, among the asylum seekers that have arrived in the recent migrant wave.
In most of these cases, the young girls were already married before their arrival in Germany.
A court in the city of Bamberg recently decided that the marriage of a 15-year-old girl to a 21-year-old man, conducted under Syrian jurisdiction, could be regarded as legal in Germany.
In Germany the minimum age for marriage is 18, but it is possible for a young person aged 16 or 17 to marry, if a family court gives consent, and the other party to the marriage is at least 18.
JUSTice Minister: 0
Tolerance:        1

Taken Maas long enough to say *something*. He is a pathetic excuse for a man and a politician.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:41:59 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 16, 2016, 02:07:37 am »

I dont, why we even needed the olympics and football, it is just throwing money out of the window, why did not our country let someone else do that instead of us?  :-\

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2577 on: June 16, 2016, 02:18:52 am »

There's a myriad of reasons why sporting competitions are good. It provides a boost to the local economy with all the people visiting. It lets people join together in nationalistic pride. It's also fun for... most people, who enjoy watching their faviote athletes and teams.
Sure, it's expensive, and certainly not essential, but anyone who thinks expenditure should be limited to things that are purely essential can go live in a tent and eat hardtack.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 793