Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002098 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2610 on: June 17, 2016, 10:50:03 am »

Personally, I think this is dumb. Doctors need to care about their patients, not about politics. Plus, the refugee crisis is a global problem. I wonder if they stop accepting funding from Australia, Canada, Russia, most of Asia, most rich Arab countries, basically all countries that don't welcome refugees at all, too. Bit hypocritical to specifically scapegoat EU funds there.
That was literally my thoughts as I was reading before I noticed this bit. Might just be poorly considered grandstanding, but it seems like something iffy is going on behind the scenes.

This, also I find the solution of the European Commission a lot better than letting thousands drown on the Mediterranean Sea every year, which is literally the situation we have now and will continue too have if we allow refugees to enter by boat.

Obviously the laws that are enacted in Europe are going to stop the refugees trying to do that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: June 17, 2016, 11:36:08 am »

Well if DWB is not interested in eurofunds and would rather put europeans in an emotional chokeholdhold then they obviously don't need the money.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2612 on: June 17, 2016, 05:33:12 pm »

Obviously the laws that are enacted in Europe are going to stop the refugees trying to do that.
What laws? Doors only open in Europe, don't be racist

Also lol:
Immigration, immigration, immigration. That's what it's really all about. That's what will decide the EU referendum next week. It would be easier if it was the economy, stupid. We could talk about GP and impersonal financial forecasts but it's that political hot potato we need to grapple with. Is it ever possible to discuss immigration without being accused or caism? Or perhaps more accurately, is it ever possible to raise concerns about or call for less immigration and not be labelled a racist?

There are startling elisions on both sides of the debate. Migration from within the EU, from predominantly Eastern European countries, is overwhelmingly, if not completely, white. Yet the most fervent voices against more foreigners coming in are probably picturing black and brown faces when they talk about "taking our country back".
Both camps have been disingenuous. Leavers pandering to those fears but unable to deliver a remedy and Remainers dismissing all concerns about immigration as xenophobic or racist. EU migration isn't about race but the racism card has been played repeatedly. White audiences often seem surprised when black and Asian Britons say they want fewer immigrants. [Chuckling_LW.jpg]

Maybe it is proof that we have successfully integrated and feel we belong, or maybe we feel we have more to lose because we are lower down the social pecking order, or maybe it is just because we can air these views without being accused of racism [Probably lel]. All immigrants are not the same. Each wave brings its own unique benefits and challenges. The latest wave has had the unintended effect, or perhaps even intended effect, of whitening-up the immigrant workforce.
It goes hand-in-hand with another, more important, concern, which is assimilation.

For some, a third, fourth or even fifth-generation Pakistani-Briton is more of an outsider than a fresh, off-the-coach [note, today we say fresh off boat] Pole. And as easy and satisfying as it would be to dismiss that view as racist, there is an element of truth to it. Within a generation that Polish immigrant's child wiill be seen as a white Brit, with a slightly exotic name, perhaps, but "one of us" nonetheless, the cultural, religious and racial leap is a smaller one to make from Poland to Britain than Pakistan to Britain.

So if you are a racist you'd probably be better off voting Remain so we can get more white immigrants. And if you're worried about being racist than you should probably vote out so that we can have more non-EU migration. Like everything else about this referendum, it's as clear as mud.

Rashid Razaq
London Evening Standard

Well now, Rashid pretty much summed up the general stuff of everything I ever say

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: June 23, 2016, 09:43:50 am »

In the German city of Viernheim, a heavily armed masked man has bunkered up in a cinema. According to Darmstadter Echo, there could be 20 to 50 people wounded. According to the police, the man entered the library at 15:00 (a little under two hours ago). Police have sealed off the area around the cinema. No further details are known yet.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/-gewapende-man-in-duitse-bioscoop-meerdere-gewonden~a4326263/
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/schuesse-in-viernheimer-kino-bewaffneter-verschanzt-sich-offenbar-mehrere-verletzte-14304218.html
http://www.echo-online.de/lokales/nachrichten-rhein-neckar/unklare-bedrohungslage-im-kinopolis-in-viernheim-mann-mit-schusswaffen-unterwegs_17018115.htm
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: June 23, 2016, 09:57:10 am »

In other news, sultan Erdogan said today, that he considers asking the people of Turkey in a referendum if they actually want to continue the process of joining the EU.
"we could rise up, and ask the people, just like the British are doing now", he said, expressing frustration about the difficult negotiations with the EU, and the attitude of Brussels.
"We should ask if we should continue those negotiations, or just end them and move on. If the people want us to continue, we'll continue".
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2616 on: June 23, 2016, 09:59:20 am »

I wish he'd make up his mind on whether he's an autocrat or not
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: June 23, 2016, 10:19:30 am »

The gunperson in Viernheim has been shot, the radio said.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2618 on: June 23, 2016, 10:57:15 am »

I wish he'd make up his mind on whether he's an autocrat or not
Napoleon showed it's perfectly acceptable to use referendums and not lose autocracy cred

The gunperson in Viernheim has been shot, the radio said.
He didn't kill anybody too
Bit of an odd one

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: June 23, 2016, 11:05:42 am »

I have no idea why Turkey would still even want to join the EU, since its rather incompatible with Erdogan playing dictator and I have no idea why the EU would want Turkey to join.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: June 23, 2016, 11:14:12 am »

Well, "the EU" is vague. A bunch of governments, the Germans included have said like 10 years ago they don't want Turkey in. And EU expansion needs a majority. The best reason to want Turkey to complete the membership process is that it'd force Turkey to become more democratic.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2621 on: June 24, 2016, 06:14:18 am »

Turkey'd probably be better off joining the Islamic Union or whatever it's called.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: June 24, 2016, 06:23:23 am »

It's already a member.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2623 on: June 24, 2016, 07:54:24 am »

Can it join both the EU and the Islamic Union thingy? That seems... counterproductive.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2624 on: June 24, 2016, 08:11:54 am »

2014 (well, almost 2015) - Donald Tusk becomes President of the European Council.
2016 - European Union starts to fall apart.

We destroyed Communism in 45 years, we will destroy European Union in 15 tops.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 793