Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008876 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #3120 on: July 19, 2016, 07:41:17 am »

Western culture isn't seen as some stupid foreign thing by these people, its seen as an active threat to themselves and everything they believe, and many see destroying it as part of their life goal and duty to god, and bloody murder is seen as a great way to go about solving this.

This isn't saying that every muslim is a murder waiting to happen, but the idea of western culture being a thing to be destroyed is an idea that is supported by more than a few Iman, to the point that its essentialy part of their doctrine.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: July 19, 2016, 07:46:21 am »

Yeah, although it's not clear where the information that it had anything to do with the clothing worn by the women comes from. To quote the French article you linked "According to information collected by iTELE, the cause of the attack is not clear, but might be linked to the clothes worn by the mother and her daughters." They don't say who gave them that information.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: July 19, 2016, 09:08:04 am »

Lol what would happen if the UN sends independent observers, and Turkey calls that an invasion and invokes article 5. Would the NATO have to attack the UN forces?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: July 19, 2016, 09:10:22 am »

I think NATO would tell Erdogan to "fuck off" in that particular case. Article 5 doesn't specify the exact magnitude of expected response, anyway, so there's that technical cop-out possible, too.
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: July 19, 2016, 09:13:19 am »

Not too long after gemany's authorities firmly denied that the 17 year old afghan attacker had had any contact with IS, but rather was self-radicalized, IS media agency Amaq placed a video made by him online, in which he swears allegiance to IS, calls others to follow his example, and show a knife with which he is going to kill infidels. I wonder how they got that, when he 'never had contact with IS'.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: July 19, 2016, 09:31:16 am »

Next, he'll invade Georgia to add his fatherland the the Great Erdogannoman Empire.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: July 19, 2016, 09:34:05 am »

Turkey's state media says ministry of education sacks 15,200 for alleged ties to group govt blames for failed coup.

some Stalin-level shit going on there

Sacking over 15,000 teachers and professors?

When he said he was going to clean house, he meant it literally I suppose.

It's like Stalin is heading Nazi Germany (an apt example, given his previous 'Come on, I just want to be like Hitler!'). Rather than communism, it's going towards good old fashioned fascism, but with Stalin's purging.

At least he isn't marching them to Gulags (or the Turkish versions) and shooting them all. And did Erdogan seriously say 'come on, I want to be like Hitler!'?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: July 19, 2016, 09:36:12 am »

No, he just said that Hitler's Germany was an example of a succesful popular democracy like the one he envisions

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:45 am »

Pfft, Erdogan is absolutely clueless about history if he thinks it's okay to emulate Hitler.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:08 am »

Oh he's shown great historical awareness before, when he commented that Germany should start making amends for their genocide, before having the right to say anything in the Armenian issue debate.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: July 19, 2016, 09:43:46 am »

At least he isn't marching them to Gulags (or the Turkish versions) and shooting them all.
For now. I think the fact that he ordered to deny all of the politically prosecuted people lawyers, combined with him wanting to reinstate death penalty, means that he certainly wants to do that very, very much.

Pfft, Erdogan is absolutely clueless about history if he thinks it's okay to emulate Hitler.
Turkey is a bit harder to invade and occupy than Germany, though. It has got a lot of natural obstacles on any possible invasion routes, like seas and mountains, plus more than half of population is indoctrinated into fanatical worship of Erdogan and are ready to sacrifice their lives at a single call of their Dear Leader President.
._.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: July 19, 2016, 09:47:08 am »

That, and the Turkish Army, even after coup cleansings, is still the largest standing army in the region, partially trained by the US, and well equipped.

I'm rather curious what the PKK have been doing the past days though. Surely the coup must have distracted the army's attention away from them. Next coup, kemalist-PKK alliance?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:50:20 am by martinuzz »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:31 am »

That, and the Turkish Army, even after coup cleansings, is still the largest standing army in the region, partially trained by the US, and well equipped.
Yeah, it's kind of like Iraq in 1991, if Iraq's army was actually competent. Which is kind of scary, given than now all that power is falling into the hands of a power-mad dictator.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 793