Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002057 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4050 on: November 20, 2016, 02:52:44 pm »

Heh, true. Hence why I do try to speak up if I think I have been trodden on, so to speak. Sorting things like that out is better than the usual result of that sort of misunderstandings, when you end up with a dreary bog of passive-aggressive sniping. And thank goodness for prawns, indeed. I'm glad it's not only me.

I do see your point, and I worry about complacency, as well. Complacency was largely what got us all into this mess in the first place. I think we can see the cracks in it, but on balance, some suspicion and worry is warranted, like you say. Although a few drops of hope can't hurt, either.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: November 21, 2016, 05:35:27 am »

Norway police arrested 20 people on suspicion of being members of a pedosexual network, amongst whom a father that has confessed abusing his own children. Vice-Chief of Police Gunnar Floystad says they have 51 suspects, and more arrests are to follow in other parts of the country. According to him, most suspects are highly educated judges and politicians. This is the largest abuse case Norway has ever seen.

The investigation into the network started last year. The men met on the 'dark web', using encryption to avoid detection. While the investigation is ongoing, the police cannot comment further.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/noorse-politie-arresteert-20-verdachten-pedonetwerk-onder-wie-politici~a4419258/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: November 21, 2016, 06:07:35 am »

I wonder if this will go over the border into Sweden.
Love, scriver~

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: November 21, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »

Norway police arrested 20 people on suspicion of being members of a pedosexual network, amongst whom a father that has confessed abusing his own children. Vice-Chief of Police Gunnar Floystad says they have 51 suspects, and more arrests are to follow in other parts of the country. According to him, most suspects are highly educated judges and politicians. This is the largest abuse case Norway has ever seen.

The investigation into the network started last year. The men met on the 'dark web', using encryption to avoid detection. While the investigation is ongoing, the police cannot comment further.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/noorse-politie-arresteert-20-verdachten-pedonetwerk-onder-wie-politici~a4419258/
Any connection with the British?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: November 21, 2016, 12:43:57 pm »

It now got bundled with pizzagate and the fact twitter has been supposedly banning trump support accounts and verified the muslim brotherhood's account on the website.
The account that exposed the cp content and the accounts associated with it got banned in a flash by twitter, but not before it spread, and now /pol/ is flooding twitter with the post and the hashtags.

Shit's getting pretty real in twitter.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: November 21, 2016, 12:48:12 pm »

I was actually wondering if it had any connection to all the stuff that's erupting on Twitter today, with 4chan supposedly uncovering hundreds/thousands of accounts on Twitter openly sharing images of children (apparently trending under the topic of 'Twittergate').

Wait, did something actually come of that whole pizzagate thing?

Of all sad words of tongue and pen...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: November 21, 2016, 01:02:09 pm »

So Twitter banned the whistleblower account and those associated with it, but not the actual paedos themselves?

Doesn't surprise me though. Didn't Twitter recently censor people calling for more women's rights in Saudi Arabia?

Then again...

I was actually wondering if it had any connection to all the stuff that's erupting on Twitter today, with 4chan supposedly uncovering hundreds/thousands of accounts on Twitter openly sharing images of children (apparently trending under the topic of 'Twittergate').

Wait, did something actually come of that whole pizzagate thing?

Of all sad words of tongue and pen...

There seems to be enough there that lots of amateurs are still investigating it. I don't care to expose myself to that kind of sickness, so I can't offer my own opinion. I know that pol and r/conspiracy and a few other places are all looking into it with some fervor.

As for whether this Twitter thing from today is related to that, or something entirely new... who knows.

Twitter may shadowban people who criticize celebrities. Does anybody remember the time Twitter got caught social engineering?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 22, 2016, 02:55:07 am »

Major political developments in France:
New favourite to become French President, Francois Fillon, wants to drag Russia back into the European fold. Stop it sliding towards Asia
Francois Fillon, set to pull off stunning upset in French conservative primary tonight, favored fighting ISIL alongside Russia, Iran, Assad
Seems like all that Le Pen's Russian support was just a strategic ruse, deflecting all attention from real Putin's candidate.

Is this how the end of Euro-Atlanticism looks like?

EDIT: Apparently, there's also this:
Quote from: Internet
From Fillion's site using Google Translate:
4. A sovereign trade policy that protects our interests
- Reject European decisions going against the economic interests of France as the sanctions against Russia that seriously affect our businesses.

- Propose a new EU / Russia trade partnership that would offer our businesses new opportunities.
So much for "annexation of Crimea will forever alienate Russia from Europe".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:00:09 am by Sergarr »
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: November 22, 2016, 02:58:41 am »

Nathan Fillion noooo
Love, scriver~

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: November 22, 2016, 05:02:20 am »

Major political developments in France:
New favourite to become French President, Francois Fillon, wants to drag Russia back into the European fold. Stop it sliding towards Asia
Francois Fillon, set to pull off stunning upset in French conservative primary tonight, favored fighting ISIL alongside Russia, Iran, Assad
Seems like all that Le Pen's Russian support was just a strategic ruse, deflecting all attention from real Putin's candidate.

Is this how the end of Euro-Atlanticism looks like?

EDIT: Apparently, there's also this:
Quote from: Internet
From Fillion's site using Google Translate:
4. A sovereign trade policy that protects our interests
- Reject European decisions going against the economic interests of France as the sanctions against Russia that seriously affect our businesses.

- Propose a new EU / Russia trade partnership that would offer our businesses new opportunities.
So much for "annexation of Crimea will forever alienate Russia from Europe".
So basically Europe doesn't think America is powerful anymore, so they want Russian overlords?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: November 22, 2016, 05:09:59 am »

So basically Europe doesn't think America is powerful anymore, so they want Russian overlords?
Russia has an economy the size of Italy, or at least, that's what I've heard, so I don't know exactly how would Russia be "overlording" over Europe, which has, what, five times the population and even more of that in terms of financial and industrial advantages?

I'm genuinely curious about it, because I thought that economy was the deciding factor in these sort of power games... but apparently, it's not?
._.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: November 22, 2016, 05:13:49 am »

In the mean time:
Alt-Right Party AFD of Germany is gaining power and popularity, while the media is unable to work against them (Lügenpresse argument...)
So america, you might have your trump, but here in germany we will have a similar party ruling soon if they are not stopped by the leftists parties... Please help germany to not succumb to neo-fascism...

It is interesting to see that the alt-right followers of Trump actually used the term Lügenpresse (lie media) while chanting Trump Heil...
There is an international movement of fascists, and the hippies of the left are to obsessed with political correctness to do anything about it.
Same problem in France, same stuff in the Brexit debate, Austria has their share of racisist in parliament. Netherlands and Hungary have had their  alt right presidents for a while now, Scandinavia is struck with identitary movements as well. When will people wake up to this. Seriously it is NOT fun to be ruled by autocrats, I am german, believe me when I say it. Dictators will kill their opposition, and those they deem fit to pay for their "New Reforms". The autobahn was built this way.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: November 22, 2016, 05:16:46 am »

Netherlands and Hungary have had their  alt right presidents for a while now
Wut? We don't have an alt right president. The furthest Wilders has come was his party being an 'coalition endorsing opposition party' of a government that fell long before it's term was due.
His party's popularity is trending up again though.

(We do have a liberal-right president. But his party is not alt right, it's the traditional liberal's party VVD, which is almost as far away from being the alt right as the leftist elite. The VVD is the party for the rich elite.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:21:26 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: November 22, 2016, 05:19:43 am »

Netherlands and Hungary have had their  alt right presidents for a while now
Wut? We don't have an alt right president. The furthest Wilders has come was his party being an 'coalition endorsing opposition party' of a government that fell long before it's term was due.
His party's popularity is trending up again though.
I see the term "alt-right" is rapidly achieving the "SJW" status of a mostly meaningless curse word that puts all the things you hate as a part of a single Great Coalition of Evil. Quite impressive.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 793