Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008055 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4215 on: December 06, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »

I still don't get that. 'We feel collectively guilty for our grandparents killing 6 million jews, so let's allow 900000 people into our country of whom a large part have been raised from birth to want jews dead'. Right. Makes sense I guess.
Ideological subversion fam
Makes people see reality in weird ways

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: December 06, 2016, 08:46:26 pm »

I was just watching a video saying that focusing on the 6 million in the holocaust is unjust. Not because it's not true, but because it unfairly whitewashes the 11 million in total who were killed in the camps. The 6 million underestimates the total. The other 5 million deserve a mention now and then, and not as a footnote. Sure, the other 5 million were more diverse than the 6 million jews, so it's easier to focus on the jews, but 5 million people who are "more diverse" are no less valuable as humans than another 5 million who happen to be a single ethnic group.

Think about it: when you ask how many people the Nazis killed, many instantly jump up and say "6 million" (in fact Martinuzz just did that exact thing, giving the instant response "6 million jews" to the idea of German guilt. It's not intentional, but it is just as wrong to overlook the other 5 million victims as it would be to discount 6 million killed jews.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:53:20 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: December 06, 2016, 08:56:11 pm »

Yes, you are quite right, and it's good to bring that up.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4218 on: December 06, 2016, 08:58:29 pm »

Not to mention the other 50 million casualties of the war, or how by some measures China alone adds another 50 million, though besides team killing fucktards like Stalin or other axis powers they weren't genocides

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: December 06, 2016, 08:59:03 pm »

If you really want to make Germans cry, there were also all the Jews the Nazis tried and failed to kill (a chain of events that would eventually lead to the advent of yours truly), the other people they failed to kill, the civilians in other nations they killed, the soldiers from all over the world they killed, and all the Germans they killed.

Nazis, man.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4220 on: December 06, 2016, 09:05:32 pm »

If you really want to make Germans cry, there were also all the Jews the Nazis tried and failed to kill (a chain of events that would eventually lead to the advent of yours truly), the other people they failed to kill, the civilians in other nations they killed, the soldiers from all over the world they killed, and all the Germans they killed.

Nazis, man.
Don't forget the Jews and Slavs who the Nazis made kill other Jews and Slavs, that one makes them really depressed because it's extra inhumanity

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: December 06, 2016, 09:10:40 pm »

Nazis, man.
Don't forget the Jews and Slavs who the Nazis made kill other Jews and Slavs, that one makes them really depressed because it's extra inhumanity
And who can forget the nuclear weapons they forced the United States to bomb Japan with, that was pretty crazy. Leading to the inexorable conclusion that any incident of nuclear war is ultimately Germany's fault for getting the ball rolling.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4222 on: December 06, 2016, 09:13:28 pm »

Nazi Germany forced air command to do the first ever freedom bombing and that's no joke
Also Hitler killed my bees fuck that guy

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: December 06, 2016, 09:15:31 pm »

The rebels in the Old City areas of Aleppo surrendered today. They got a bus ticket to Idlib and vacated their positions. This is what it looks like now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a very good chance the whole city will be under government control by the end of the week. Almost certainly by the end of next week.

So much for that protest march if Aleppo is going to fall by Christmas.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: December 07, 2016, 09:28:55 am »

Four Dutch companies, including two large banks, have been put on a black list by the state of New York, because according to NY, they boycot Israel.
They are given three months time to prove they are not boycotting Isreal, or face boycot themselves by the state of New York.

The companies deny boycotting Israel. They do boycot certain companies in Israel that are operating in illegal occupied territories, but they are not boycotting Israel as a whole. The most publicly known boycot is the company Vitens, which pulled out of it cooperation with the Israeli water company Mekorot, after a UN report accused it of pumping water out of occupied territory to sell it to Israelis.

It is official Dutch policy that companies are discouraged from trading with companies that profit from the occupied territories. It's not a ban, but it is a strong advice.

There's a difference between 'boycotting Israel' and boycotting certain companies that breach international law though. All four companies still do business with and in Israel, just not with Israeli companies operating in the occupied territories.

So wtf New York?

The blacklist, which totals 13 companies, is an initiative by New York governor Andrew Cuomo. He has banned companies from doing business with companies that boycot Israel. (Does that mean that New York cars will run out of gas soon? I'm quite sure that that ban would include doing business with most oil producing countries. Or does Cuomo want all New York cars to run on Russian petrol?)

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/staat-new-york-zet-nederlandse-bedrijven-op-zwarte-lijst-om-israel-boycot~a4429116/

It might be an attempt to make New York a pedestrian city.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: December 07, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »

Four Dutch companies, including two large banks, have been put on a black list by the state of New York, because according to NY, they boycot Israel.
They are given three months time to prove they are not boycotting Isreal, or face boycot themselves by the state of New York.

The companies deny boycotting Israel. They do boycot certain companies in Israel that are operating in illegal occupied territories, but they are not boycotting Israel as a whole. The most publicly known boycot is the company Vitens, which pulled out of it cooperation with the Israeli water company Mekorot, after a UN report accused it of pumping water out of occupied territory to sell it to Israelis.

It is official Dutch policy that companies are discouraged from trading with companies that profit from the occupied territories. It's not a ban, but it is a strong advice.

There's a difference between 'boycotting Israel' and boycotting certain companies that breach international law though. All four companies still do business with and in Israel, just not with Israeli companies operating in the occupied territories.

So wtf New York?
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/staat-new-york-zet-nederlandse-bedrijven-op-zwarte-lijst-om-israel-boycot~a4429116/

Good, another right step against the Arab boycott against Israel that started in 1945.

Btw, i assume you have a proof that Mekorot is breaching international law?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:43:31 pm by Vilanat »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: December 07, 2016, 12:39:43 pm »

So wtf New York?

Good, another right step against the Arab boycott against Israel that started 1945.

Btw, i assume you have a proof that Mekorot is breaching international law?

>Arab boycott
>Dutch banks.
>Implying Dutch banks are Arab.

I know you mean Israeli boycott in general, just poking your logic.

And Mekorot is doing a terrible thing, if true.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:42:04 pm by smjjames »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4227 on: December 07, 2016, 02:46:11 pm »

Good, another right step against the Arab boycott against Israel that started in 1945.
That's a good thing? Israel is a made up country with made up borders and basically exists to piss off everyone around it and that's purely thanks to half of the world having immense guilt trip over them getting almost killed off due to both imaginary and real reasons. The best example of Israel not being a good idea is the fact that the second they stop having external help from USA they would get steamrolled into ground...
I mean, fuck, m8, guess how Americans would feel if suddenly Native Americans would get their own country made up from New Jork and started to act incredibly hostile against everyone who's not Native in these places and employ shady as fuck techniques to get rid of them, possibly sparking a war or two. Arab is pretty much rightful in their boycott if anything.

As for the Dutch - they're just doing the same thing they would do to anyone and I don't think they specifically wanted to target Israelis, they just target shady fucking people.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: December 07, 2016, 03:01:31 pm »

That's a good thing? Israel is a made up country with made up borders and basically exists to piss off everyone around it and that's purely thanks to half of the world having immense guilt trip over them getting almost killed off due to both imaginary and real reasons. The best example of Israel not being a good idea is the fact that the second they stop having external help from USA they would get steamrolled into ground...
I mean, fuck, m8, guess how Americans would feel if suddenly Native Americans would get their own country made up from New Jork and started to act incredibly hostile against everyone who's not Native in these places and employ shady as fuck techniques to get rid of them, possibly sparking a war or two. Arab is pretty much rightful in their boycott if anything.

As for the Dutch - they're just doing the same thing they would do to anyone and I don't think they specifically wanted to target Israelis, they just target shady fucking people.

I'll try to ignore most of what you said, because heil. But can you point a single country on this planet that isn't made up with a made up border?

And btw, if Israel is employing shady as fuck techniques to get rid of non-natives (I persume it's the Arabs), how come the Arab population in Israel and the Palestinian Authority grew significantly yet Jews population in Arab countries shrank significantly?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:08:13 pm by Vilanat »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: December 07, 2016, 03:13:16 pm »

I'll try to ignore most of what you said, because heil. But can you point a single country on this planet that isn't made up with a made up border?

And btw, if Israel is employing shady as fuck techniques to get rid of non-natives (I persume it's the Arabs), how come the Arab population in Israel and the Palestinian Authority grew significantly yet Jews population in Arab countries shrank significantly?

Um, the Arabs were there BEFORE the state of Israel was established and there are and were Jews living in the region for thousands of years before that. So, your non-native claim breaks down because both peoples have been in the region for centuries. Israel was made for Jews that DiDN'T live in the Israel region.

I'm not going to get into an argument over this because it won't end well.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 793