Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001947 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4395 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:54 am »

German police chief tells die Welt that the Pakistani man they apprehended is possibly not the perpetrator. They fear that the real culprit is still at large, and might cause more victims.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article160462226/Berliner-Polizei-Wir-haben-den-falschen-Mann.html
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: December 20, 2016, 07:37:46 am »

German police chief tells die Welt that the Pakistani man they apprehended is possibly not the perpetrator. They fear that the real culprit is still at large, and might cause more victims.

https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article160462226/Berliner-Polizei-Wir-haben-den-falschen-Mann.html

/puts tinfoil hats

how convenient, so they can pin subsequent attacks without having to whitewash the news - "see? lone wolf, totally the same dude"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4397 on: December 20, 2016, 08:10:00 am »

Only officials should operate trucks! They should be stored centrally in secure, guarded, armored warehouses only! The citizens of EU demand security!
Spoiler: Officials... (click to show/hide)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: December 20, 2016, 08:13:09 am »

He kinda looks like a (younger) Quentin Tarantino

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: December 20, 2016, 08:14:57 am »

Brussels ain't French.
Oh sorry, I should have added Belgium (and Madrid). Sorry London, Brexit and all.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4400 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:44 am »

He kinda looks like a (younger) Quentin Tarantino
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: December 20, 2016, 09:02:06 am »

/puts tinfoil hats

how convenient, so they can pin subsequent attacks without having to whitewash the news - "see? lone wolf, totally the same dude"
What's convenient? They just seem to have arrested the wrong guy, there's no evidence that he did it (and forensics suggest he could not have shot the driver).

If this is a terror attack is probably is a lone wolf since no-one has claimed responsibility.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:31 am »

Thats kinda weird that nobody's claimed it yet. Werent IS making a thing of claiming every islam-related terrorist attack a while back, even ones that analysts said were probbably lone wolfs?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: December 20, 2016, 11:03:42 am »

Thats kinda weird that nobody's claimed it yet. Werent IS making a thing of claiming every islam-related terrorist attack a while back, even ones that analysts said were probbably lone wolfs?

Even then, they often were inspired by Isis. A lone wolf just means the person isn't part of a cell or a network and is acting alone.

It is a bit odd though that nobody has claimed it. Though it also makes some sense that nobody might want to claim it because it'll make Russia and Turkey focus fire on them. The motivations of the guy are pretty clear (bombardment of Aleppo, the whole Syria mess), but whether he's connected to anybody or is a lone actor isn't known yet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: December 20, 2016, 11:08:17 am »

honestly I'm not certain it wasn't a plant or a deliberate allowance on Russia's part. It's the sort of thing KGB might do.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: December 20, 2016, 11:14:10 am »

honestly I'm not certain it wasn't a plant or a deliberate allowance on Russia's part. It's the sort of thing KGB might do.
You mean Russia would assassinate it's own diplomat to further the cause of improving relations with Turkey using the 'your enemy is our enemy' rethoric?

I guess it makes more sense than Obama having ordered it in retaliation to the election tampering.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: December 20, 2016, 11:15:59 am »

It did seem pretty strange how that ambassador is supposedly the most protected ambassador in Turkey and yet that guy was the only security guy there and they had to send police in to neutralize the guy. Then again, I don't know what 'most protected' looks like in Turkey, I assume the same way or close to as the POTUS.

There was also, hours after that, some guy shooting a shotgun in the air outside the US embassy in Turkey shouting "I swear to god, don't you mess with us!". That person was arrested without issues.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:20:09 am by smjjames »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: December 20, 2016, 11:19:25 am »

You mean Russia would assassinate it's own diplomat to further the cause of improving relations with Turkey using the 'your enemy is our enemy' rethoric?

I guess it makes more sense than Obama having ordered it in retaliation to the election tampering.
Or even just deliberately fail to prevent him being assassinated. 'enemy of our enemy' wasn't what I was thinking though, mostly 'see we have to be involved and this justifies anything we do!'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: December 20, 2016, 11:22:28 am »

I really don't think we need to bring complex machinations into this. Though clearly someone screwed up with security for the ambassador.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: December 20, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »

If you're talking about the ambassador assassin it seems likely he's aligned with other rebel groups that are hostile to IS. Those have received Turkish backing in the past.

For the truck attack I guess things are just too murky at this point. There wasn't even any kind of statement or note from the attacker so it's unclear if it's even politically motivated at all.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 793