Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 988257 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6645 on: September 08, 2017, 09:07:40 pm »

Politico EU did a nonscientific Trumpability index for European countries (and a neighbor or two). It's kind of a mostly serious look at how much appeal Trump or a Trump-like candidate would have.

It lists Italy as one, but they've already had their Trump-alike.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:09:48 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6646 on: September 09, 2017, 11:56:00 am »

Politico EU did a nonscientific Trumpability index for European countries (and a neighbor or two). It's kind of a mostly serious look at how much appeal Trump or a Trump-like candidate would have.

It lists Italy as one, but they've already had their Trump-alike.
UK Trump, France Trump, Russia Trump, Italy Trump, Turkey Trump, Spain Trump and the Nordic Trumps all get cool hats

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: September 09, 2017, 01:56:24 pm »

What is it with you and millinery?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6648 on: September 09, 2017, 03:11:14 pm »

What is it with you and millinery?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: September 10, 2017, 01:09:35 am »

le polan get no hat
polan want reparations
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6650 on: September 10, 2017, 09:02:34 am »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: September 10, 2017, 09:18:36 am »

Never. That war booty truly livens up the library. It is all in excellent condition, I assure you. No kingdom and realm keeps their plunder in a better state of preservation than us.

Further, that cartoon was much more amusing than it ought to be. I quite like it. I am almost prepared to print it out and frame it.

I came in here to complain, but I quite forgot. I forget so many things these days, but I shall count it as an improvement in this particular instance.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: September 10, 2017, 09:28:46 am »

polan cannot into hats

Also Spain pls
Don't squander your support

I saw it coming.

Mind you, I wholeheartedly support the Catalan people having a referendum. But with an ultraconservative central goverment there was no way a proper referendum was going to take place. What the Govern wanted to do in lieu of that... wasn't exactly good either.

For that matter I think that even if they got a referendum and indep lost, they deserve a new economic deal
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: September 10, 2017, 11:10:05 am »

I'm biased by family bonds, but yeah, go Catalonia! Hope it doesn't come to violence.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: September 10, 2017, 11:12:28 am »

polan cannot into hats

Also Spain pls
Don't squander your support

I saw it coming.

Mind you, I wholeheartedly support the Catalan people having a referendum. But with an ultraconservative central goverment there was no way a proper referendum was going to take place. What the Govern wanted to do in lieu of that... wasn't exactly good either.

For that matter I think that even if they got a referendum and indep lost, they deserve a new economic deal

I think we all saw it coming. The Catalan autonomous government and the Spanish government have been in a tense faceoff that's been building up for years now. I hope it doesn't end in violence... doesn't seem likely that it will since nobody really wants a repeat of the Spanish Civil War.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: September 10, 2017, 11:29:10 am »

I don't think it will come to that. But the referendum has pretty much fallen to pieces. When things began to get half-arsed many former supporters dropped.

TBH the way the Catalan society is polarized at the moment the best thing to do for everyone would be to take a step back and try to bring the tension down. Heavy handed moves on either side could make this turn ugly very fast.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6656 on: September 10, 2017, 12:39:04 pm »

I don't think it will come to that. But the referendum has pretty much fallen to pieces. When things began to get half-arsed many former supporters dropped.
TBH the way the Catalan society is polarized at the moment the best thing to do for everyone would be to take a step back and try to bring the tension down. Heavy handed moves on either side could make this turn ugly very fast.
Deeply concerned that there could be a Spanish civil discontent, repressing people who majority support you has a tendency of turning them away :/

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: September 10, 2017, 01:06:11 pm »

It's not quite that simple, I'm afraid :/

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: September 10, 2017, 09:22:19 pm »

It never is
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: September 12, 2017, 05:30:20 am »

Yeah, Labour party is already calling it a breach of separation of powers, and a power grab by the government.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 793