Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008889 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #7575 on: February 04, 2018, 12:51:55 pm »

In Macerata, Italy, a right-wing extremist shot and injured 6 random black people, opening fire while driving his car.
after shooting the six people, he got out of his car, dressed in an Italian flag, and made a hitler salute to a monument for war victims.
The 6 victims, 5 African men and an African woman, are currently in hospital.

During last years elections, the man was electable locally for the Lega party (former name, Lega Nord), the rightwing populist party that looks like is going to win the national elections next month.
Before that, he was a member of Terza Posizione, an extreme right group founded by Roberto Fiore, current party leader of the neofascist party Forza Nueva.
The same Roberto Fiore defended the shooter's actions last saturday, and offered to pay all legal expenses.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: February 04, 2018, 01:08:49 pm »

a little correction on italian politics: Lega isn't going to win the national elections next month. Their coalition, of which they are only one of the 2 main components, is the front runner. Even then, it is by no means sure that the coalitions will get enough votes to govern. In case they don't get enough seats by themselves, out of coalition alliances would be needed, and a popular speculation is that in that case the centrist right wing would try to ally with the centrist left wing, leaving Lega alone.

Just wanted to say that while they are a major party, they are not by themselves the dominant one like that post would seem to imply. (in fact dominance is in very scarse supply right now and it is extremely doubtful there will be any sort of functional government coming out of elections.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: February 04, 2018, 01:21:53 pm »

I think LW incited a riot at the next Moggference.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: February 04, 2018, 01:29:07 pm »

I sort of assume LW is always trying to incite riots, he's just out there posting on his phone while screaming over doctored agitprop photos.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: February 04, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »

He didn’t mention anything about it, I’m sure he’d say if the great Mogg tried peacemaking.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7580 on: February 04, 2018, 02:24:55 pm »

I wasn't there shouting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, if that's what you asking. But basically what happened is 5 antifa got into a fight with some of the attendees of the event in Bristol Uni; interestingly all the events he's gone to, the tickets sold out in hours or minutes, and there has always been a protest or attempt at no platforming him. Something about his unmoderated mogglyness attracts immense popularity and protest simultaneously. Interestingly while the students all punched each other they didn't harm a single hair on the head of Mogg, despite Mogg going to the forefront of the kerfluffle to try and commence advanced C O N F L I C T  R E S O L U T I O N  techniques. Few retained their chill, and there was much light punching, which I'd rate at 1 / 10 football fans. The drama is a lot of the times overhyped, but this drama is unique because one of the masked protesters also put up a poster baring all
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The contrast between man's soul, to wish to be hidden, and to wish to be fully naked, is lain bare for all to ponder. Not much else to say other than I hope this dude eats more stuff, not one to sound like a babushka, but the bourgeoisie needs to eat more oat and potato to become strong like proletariat

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: February 04, 2018, 07:23:12 pm »

They don't look very much alike. They guy on the right look like a 50-year old Swedish punk-rock wannabe has been.

Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7582 on: February 04, 2018, 09:52:41 pm »

This year's eurovision sure is weird

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: February 04, 2018, 09:54:39 pm »

You say that as though it’s surprising it gets weird.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: February 05, 2018, 06:37:59 am »

The Netherlands has officially withdrawn their ambassador to Turkey, after failed talks to try and improve relations, which have been frigid since Dutch police kicked a Turkish minister out of the country who wanted to rally Erdogan supporters against Gülen supporters.
Furthermore, as long as we do not have an embassador to Turkey, a Turkish ambassador will also not be welcome in our country.
Withdrawing the embassador and closing the mebassy is the most severe diplomatic action possible between to allied countries.

EDIT: Meanwhile in the Dutch carribean, the Dutch government has decided to take control of the government of St.Eustatius. The Island Council (local parliament) will be immediatly disbanded and replaced with Dutch civil servants. The Deputy of State and commander in control of the island are also immediatly fired, and will be replaced.

With this, the Dutch government hopes to put an end to the lawlessness, corruption, and poverty that is plagueing the island ever since they became semi-independent from the Netherlands.
tl;dr: recolonization, Dutch style.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:46:07 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: February 05, 2018, 07:04:06 am »

An independent nation of 3500 people is clearly going to have some issues with ensuring due process. You'd get the small town bullshit, but without any higher authorities that can moderate bad behavior.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: February 06, 2018, 06:37:03 am »

Two major hospitals in the Netherlands, and all Dutch professional addiction care organisations have filed charges against the 4 tobacco companies operating in the Netherlands, sueing them for attempted murder, causing grieveous bodily harm, and perjury.

EDIT: in other news, Cuban LGBT have discovered a loophole in global customs:
They book a flight to Moscow, for which they need no visum. The flight from Cuba to Moscow makes a refueling stop at Schiphol Airport, the Netherlands.
As soon as they disembark for the wait at the airport, they apply for asylum in the Netherlands. (Fearing for one's safety because of sexual preference is something you can get asylum for over here)

In the past 3 months, over 300 Cubans have applied for asylum this way. They're not planning on ever going back to Cuba.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:28:10 pm by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: February 07, 2018, 03:42:29 pm »

More parties are filing charges against the tobacco industry.
The city councils of Amsterdam and Utrecht have made it known that they, as a city, will add their name to those pressing charges.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: February 07, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »

More parties are filing charges against the tobacco industry.
The city councils of Amsterdam and Utrecht have made it known that they, as a city, will add their name to those pressing charges.
Good, the tobacco industry is as close as you can get to pure evil.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: February 12, 2018, 02:25:54 pm »

We have a reverse situation ongoing in the Netherlands compared to the US.
Where in the US, people high up could be in trouble for lying that they did not have Russian contacts...
Over here, our minister of foreign affairs, Halbe Zijlstra, is in danger of being removed from office because he lied about having met Putin, while in fact he did not.

(In 2016, he bragged about being present at a meeting in Putin's resort, and kept up the lie until exposed yesterday.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:44:11 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 793