Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1001942 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #8325 on: July 18, 2018, 04:22:37 am »

Seriously, all that ruckus for the brexit. No one gives a damn in France, really, because we came to understand what it means : GB remains subject to EU (terrible, terrible) standards, yet loses its voice to the standardization meetings.

England thought they were better than the rest of the European countries, and got served right. They thought they deserved better than concertation among equals, they'll be mute servents. Frankly that's good for everyone except GB, and it's well deserved IMHO.

It won't even hurt them that much, but the slap made a resounding and very satisfying bang.

Understanding Brexit for british people
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:46:52 am by Cathar »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: July 18, 2018, 06:07:31 am »

Cathar, there's going to be a hard brexit more likely than not. This wont be good to anyone. It will clearly be worse for the UK, but it would be even better if things were cleared out in an amicable manner. Which is likely impossible. I think the whatshisname of Ireland has it right: odds are that there is no majority in the British parliament for *any* kind of deal
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: July 18, 2018, 06:39:42 am »

Gosh, that is so retarded I don't know what to say. I think in many ways the Brits are suffering from the English language. Every single EU negotiator or head of government reads the English press, and can get a fairly good idea of what Britain is thinking. How many Brits can read the Monde, El Pais or the Frankfurter Allgemeine?

(Should be noted that this article is a year old and more though.)

As if there's a single person in France or the rest of latin Europe who can read English. Hell, even Germany is famous for how bad they are at languages.

Seriously, all that ruckus for the brexit. No one gives a damn in France, really, because we came to understand what it means : GB remains subject to EU (terrible, terrible) standards, yet loses its voice to the standardization meetings.

England thought they were better than the rest of the European countries, and got served right. They thought they deserved better than concertation among equals, they'll be mute servents. Frankly that's good for everyone except GB, and it's well deserved IMHO.

It won't even hurt them that much, but the slap made a resounding and very satisfying bang.

Understanding Brexit for british people

The irony of a Frenchman sounding off against anyone for "thinking they are better than the rest" is palpable.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: July 18, 2018, 06:40:51 am »

In other new, Google got fined 4.3 billions euros for forcing phones using androids to come pre-packaged with their apps. After the Microsoft precedent, I don't know how they expected to have that one fly by, especially with Vestager on watch.

Am I a Euronerd for wanting a t-shirt with her face on it?

scriver: Certainly the elite have at least a good understanding of English, even if their accents are often atrocious.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8329 on: July 18, 2018, 06:42:41 am »

The difference exists. British think they are better by tantruming and revolt against the laws of gravity by jumping off cliffs. French know their skillset, do their stuff and they just happen to work better than the rest.

I mean no offense but we're not even making a big deal of winning the world cup. We won, duh, that's what we do

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: July 18, 2018, 06:44:05 am »

The irony of a Frenchman sounding off against anyone for "thinking they are better than the rest" is palpable.
Obviously it's not irony, because Frogs are actually better than the rest, and therefore have a right to think as such.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:01 am »

I mean no offense but we're not even making a big deal of winning the world cup. We won, duh, that's what we do

I thought you had that traditional French counter-point to the Roman Triumph aka the burning of cars and looting of shops? :p

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:28 am »

The difference exists. British think they are better by tantruming and revolt against the laws of gravity by jumping off cliffs. French know their skillset, do their stuff and they just happen to work better than the rest.

English and Northern Irish, thank you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8333 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:58 am »

Well to the credit of great britain the hooligans they send cause more damages than our own, I blame our publicly funded education system

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: July 18, 2018, 06:50:26 am »

English and Northern Irish, thank you.

Northern Ireland voted remain, no?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: July 18, 2018, 06:50:43 am »

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? It looked like you opened your mouth to speak but all that came out was the smell of asshole.
Love, scriver~

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8336 on: July 18, 2018, 06:53:50 am »

Let me have my happy lapdance at my european representatives spanking great britain with the back of their hand. I'm just happy like when a father gives his tantruming kid a good physical educative lesson in the supermarket.

Deep down you know you deserve it

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: July 18, 2018, 07:00:02 am »

I'm Swedish. I'm just not a dickwad.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: July 18, 2018, 07:04:55 am »

Remain chill, peeps. /puns

I need to check whether Norn Ireland votes Remain. I know two voted to stay and two voted to leave, but it’s morning-time. Not the best time for arguing about politics, but ah well.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8339 on: July 18, 2018, 07:10:18 am »

But you seem pretty upset. Be happy, you have 22 hours of sunlight per day in this season

Edit : You can insult me in swedish if you want, jag talar svensk bara litte. So as to bypass the moderation, and nothing will drag my mood down at this point
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:13:24 am by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 793