Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 975357 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #9180 on: December 04, 2018, 02:26:31 pm »

"Some," he says.

*Chortles*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: December 04, 2018, 02:27:51 pm »

I sort of misunderstood the context of what lw was saying but too lazy to change the first half now
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9182 on: December 04, 2018, 05:00:35 pm »

Hey, I've said it before and I'll say it again. The DUP have - for the first time - made me glad I voted for them. Without them, who knows what wacky ideas May would have for NI. No offence to any one from Great Britain here, but mainlanders are notorious for understanding less than even the continentals about Northern Ireland.

Ofttimes I wonder if it's self imposed ignorance. I recall one memorable Scottish fellow who, when I mentioned the main city in Northern Ireland, said "Oh! You've been to Dublin?"
It's no secret that the only government which wants NI to be a part of the ROI more than the one in Dublin is the one in Westminster

I suspect that some Leave MPs may be inclined to vote against the bill because they view it as effectively worthless from the point of view of Leaving, while some Remain MPs might want to take it because the alternative is likely to be a no-deal Brexit which they want even less
Yeah it's a bit of a mixed bag, since the House of Commons just gave themselves the authority to take control of Brexit negotiations in the event of Theresa May's deal failing. God knows what the MPs will do if they took charge

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: December 04, 2018, 06:07:02 pm »

This also happened.

A non-binding opinion from a European Court of Justice advocate general that the UK can unilaterally decide to stay in the EU, should it come to that. Unlikely given the UK government have said that's not going to happen, and the EU don't want it to happen, but another option for when the deal is inevitably voted down next week.

However, Jezza's crew have also said that if the vote goes against the government, they're going to seek a vote of no confidence in the government. This would give the UK government fourteen days to win back the confidence of parliament or call a general election, assuming they don't win it (lol)

Not sure how quickly a GE can be sorted out, the last one took place six weeks after it was announced. That wouldn't be great given it puts us at the start of February and ~30 days 'til the deadline.

shit's gettin' real guys
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: December 04, 2018, 06:20:07 pm »

Jezza shall ride his Mao-style bicycles through the maw of parliament and emerge a living god, as is written.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9185 on: December 04, 2018, 06:28:09 pm »

I'm not a big fan of the GE option, at least as it's timed now. If Theresa May would resign first then we could get this GE on the road

Jezza shall ride his Mao-style bicycles through the maw of parliament and emerge a living god, as is written.
Maocycles are banned in parliament, alongside suits of armour

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: December 04, 2018, 06:37:40 pm »

Maocycles are banned in parliament, alongside suits of armour
A common mistranslation, the prophecy states that they are "banned in parliament" because parliament will no longer exist after Jezza enters riding upon one.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9187 on: December 05, 2018, 07:44:40 am »

A common mistranslation, the prophecy states that they are "banned in parliament" because parliament will no longer exist after Jezza enters riding upon one.
The horsemen of the apocalypse would get my vote tbh

Also the Europeans are cracking down on the N'drangheta

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: December 06, 2018, 03:57:49 pm »

This also happened.
I'mma laugh my ass off if the UK England winds up being saved from itself by Scotland.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:00:16 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: December 06, 2018, 04:02:49 pm »

So you'll laugh if... the UK.... saves the UK?

Besides, I fail how to see rejecting the democratic process as "saving" anything.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: December 06, 2018, 04:05:56 pm »

Because Brexit was the political equivalent of drunk-dialing an ex at 3am?

Sure, it seemed like a good idea at the time (ok, it seemed like a good idea to *some* people who I assume were loaded), but now...

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: December 06, 2018, 04:15:35 pm »

The.... entire point of democracy is that it didn't just appeal to "some" people.
Also, you forgot Wales, lol.

And I'd rephrase that. "Drunk decision mate why'd you do that idiot" doesn't make you many friends among the people who put some thought into their vote.
I get the impression the number of people that applies to would surprise you.

Also, been having fun looking at the regional brexitdown for the referendum again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

Northern Ireland fascinates me. The capital actually had a Leave vote in one quarter. East Belfast (act shocked). But North Belfast was only Remain by less than one percent. West and South Belfast were overwhelmingly Remain at London-levels. That's a fairly damning divide between Protestant and Catholic areas (and economic. South in particular is where the money's at). Parts of Antrim were more than 60% leave.

Really, it's quite interesting.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:18:00 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: December 06, 2018, 04:30:10 pm »

I will never not mock Leavers. Especially because it turned out pretty much as I expected -- no plan, a complete clusterfuck, and the chief proponents of the whole swindle (Cameron, Farage and BoJo) have largely jumped ship and left it to others to clean up their mess. I'm not interested in "making friends" or "building bridges", because I have no doubt that the True Believers, if given a second referendum right now, would still vote Leave despite knowing what a clusterfuck it would turn out to be.

You may have had well-intentioned, earnestly held beliefs that caused you to vote Leave (distrust/distaste of the EU is one example), just as there were a number of people who voted Trump not because they're alt-Right Nazis, but because they couldn't stomach Hillary Clinton. I get that. I still want to smack those people upside the head EVERY DAMN DAY until they admit they were fucking idiots, but I get that.

Doesn't change the fact that the outcome was foreseeable from a mile away, amidst a chorus of well-reasoned (and otherwise) voices yelling "DON'T DO IT".

It was #YOLO at a national level, which is incredibly irresponsible.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: December 06, 2018, 04:33:03 pm »

*Shrug*
In that case, I don't feel particularly inclined towards discussing it with you. Mockery is bad for my digestion  ::)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #9194 on: December 06, 2018, 05:18:42 pm »

I feel a bit for people who bought into that hard, cold lie that Europe was smothering UK, but I have only comptempt for people who, knowing all the facts, lied to their faces. Brexit was idiotic and based on a campaign of misinformation, which was not helped by the fact the newspaper had (and still have) no idea how European standards are made and never bothered asking any commission member.

The whole process was farcical, honnest. UK gov pitted two sides against each other without bothering to inform them of the facts before asking their opinion. Not latching on to UK, they are far from being the only ones to do that.
Yelling "power to the people" while running campaigns over campaigns to purposefully disinform them is a growing trend I find absolutely distasteful.

I still want to smack those people upside the head EVERY DAMN DAY until they admit they were fucking idiots, but I get that.
I feel you.

I hope lessons are learnt real quick because this is pretty much the worse time to play alchemy with the fate of european nations.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:23:37 pm by Cathar »
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 793