Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 993916 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #10500 on: December 13, 2019, 09:35:54 am »

Ah, and here I thought the BBC was about posting information, not dissuading democracy. Lesson is to never assume that anyone does anything without an agenda

It turns out that government programs have the downside of being controlled by politicians, and may have to serve those politicians or get cancelled.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10501 on: December 13, 2019, 09:46:31 am »

Frankly, I'm hoping for a dissolution of the UK after tonight. There's no saving the English from themselves, but the rest don't deserve to burn with them.
It's a very Murrican idea to explode a country because they elected the wrong candidate ;d

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: December 13, 2019, 09:59:24 am »

Congrats on the election result, fellas! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: December 13, 2019, 10:21:52 am »

Frankly, I'm hoping for a dissolution of the UK after tonight. There's no saving the English from themselves, but the rest don't deserve to burn with them.
It's a very Murrican idea to explode a country because they elected the wrong candidate ;d
I have purified the role of Americans in the human mileu, not as the world's policeman, but its executioner.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: December 13, 2019, 10:51:50 am »

I have purified the role of Americans in the human mileu, not as the world's policeman, but its executioner.

https://youtu.be/S5HEz9HBVlc

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: December 13, 2019, 10:54:58 am »

There's no saving the English from themselves, but the rest don't deserve to burn with them.
I always find it amusing when people forget about the Welsh.

Not to mention the 1,367,764 people in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Lol.
Which was opposed to who, the Cornish revolutionaries?

Lol.
Yes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10506 on: December 13, 2019, 03:36:56 pm »

You make it sound so cool but I know it's really just a US serviceman getting four boots a day while the locals are flooded with more guns than a wizard has immorality

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: December 20, 2019, 04:52:27 pm »

Brexit bill is approved by House of Commons. Extension is "banned".

Surprise! Mandatory voter photo ID in the UK incoming.

On one hand, welcome to the ID club AKA most of the world.

On the other hand, alleged voter suppression and 2006 Identity Card Act 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Opposition screams it's a solution in search of an insignificant problem.

And I agree, the number of impersonation attempts is small.

But if you do the math...

Spoiler: Math (click to show/hide)

Then we expect there to be 0-8 fraudulent votes in the 2017 UK Parliamentary election that didn't get picked up by the anti-voter impersonation measures at poll stations at the time. Enough to swing at least North East Fife from SNP to Lib Dem, a constituency with a vote margin of two votes in 2017.

List of other close elections.

So yes, insignificant in numbers, but not so insignificant in effect.

It's a paradox to claim that all votes matter, but a single fraudulent vote does not.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: December 20, 2019, 05:39:15 pm »

The net benefit of voter ID would be in weighing the number of fraudulent votes cast without it, which is impossible, with the number of people who wouldn’t vote because of voter ID laws, which is also impossible.

It is a stupid idea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: December 20, 2019, 06:13:56 pm »

Well many countries run national ID schemes, which you have to use to vote, but which you get by default by virtue of having a citizenship. Like the passport, if you like. I.. honestly don't see it as a big deal, never understood why the idea is so unpopular in English-speaking countries...

Heck, why not use passports as ID, for that matter? Just asking
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: December 20, 2019, 06:33:58 pm »

You can of course get a free ID.

In Finland, all you need is a photo (<6 months old) and a few minutes down at the local police station (which you can book in advance online). They'll identify you--immensely helped by our population information system--and issue a free, temporary ID specifically for voting.

You're encouraged to get a passport, though. 45 € if done electronically, including a visit to the police station if necessary.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10511 on: December 20, 2019, 06:44:01 pm »

I suppose though it does catch out people who procrastinate or for whatever reasons are pressed for time. Registering to vote after you move into a new county or borough for example is really easy and can be done on the day of the deadline, but renewing a passport takes time and must be done in advance

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: December 21, 2019, 06:00:10 am »

Procrastinators are the worst kind of people though. One of these days I'll get around to getting rid of them.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10513 on: December 21, 2019, 10:24:38 am »

Procrastinators are the worst kind of people though. One of these days I'll get around to getting rid of them.
If you think about it, procrastination has been turned into a cardinal sin in order to squeeze out more productivity of the working person. The idea that someone wanting to do anything but work as being absolutely haram is an idea born out of the tyranny of the clock; that our time should not belong to ourselves, but instead belong to the pressure of deadlines

We should resolve this! Tomorrow

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: December 21, 2019, 10:38:23 am »

Agreed. Procastinators will be brutally murdered, alongside all those that oppose my philosophy of strict nonviolence.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 793